Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

  • Thread starter Thread starter MidFieldMaven
  • 520 comments
  • 98,335 views
Tested:

1:00.800 - Ferrari 458 Italia
1:01.139 - Ford GT

The Ferrari 458 is less than a tenth slower than McLaren 650S and ties the F40.
Ford GT is a hair faster than the NSX and 2 tenths ahead of its predecessor, the GT40.
 
Tested:

1:01.190 - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
1:01.421 - Lamborghini Diablo GT
1:01.975 - Aston Martin DB11

My favorite of these three is the Diablo. The SLS AMG made me lose my mind with its snap oversteer tendencies. If it weren't so frustrating, I could pull off a 1:00 lap. The Aston was smooth but heavy as a brick.
 
And that makes four more cars to re-test...

Any word on the remaining Gr.[3/B] Road Cars and the GT by Citroen?
 
Tested:

0:59.841 - Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
1:00.715 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car

Enzo ties the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and is 1 second slower than the LaFerrari.
Citroen GT is a tenth quicker than Ferrari F40 and ties McLaren 650S.

Just when you get to the end of the list, they add more cars to test :lol:
 
Tested:

1:19.130 - Mini Mini-Cooper S
1:27.539 - Volkswagen 1200

Mini Cooper S is 1.5 seconds slower than Daihatsu Copen.
Volkswagen 1200 is 5 seconds faster than the Sambabus.

The Mini sure was a treat. The thing only weighs 200 lbs more than the old Fiat 500, but has 4x the horsepower and about 2.5x the torque.
 
Are you going to be able to test out the Abarth 1500 Biposto despite its 1-mil credit price tag?
 
Tested:

1:00.472 - Gran Turismo Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo
1:02.380 - Jaguar F-type R

The S2000 is one of the hardest cars in the game to drive consistently fast on Sport Hard tires. It wants to slide out at every opportunity. I'd much prefer if PD gave us a regular S2000, either a 1999/2000 or 2006/2009 model, but alas...

The F-type R is a tenth quicker than the C7 Corvette. That's interesting.
 
Feels like the Amuse's suspension is set up for racing slicks. It was the same in GT6, way too stiff for road tyres.

Even with slicks it's incredibly easy to throw the rear around. It feels like it has too much toe. You could even term it unrealistic.
 
Tested:

1:00.365 - Aston Martin One-77
1:01.343 - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
1:01.681 - GT Awards (SEMA) 1967 Chevy Nova

One-77 is the fastest FR car tested so far.
4C Road Car is less than 2 tenths slower than Corvette Road Car.
1967 Chevy Nova is a tenth faster than 1966 Shelby Cobra.
 
The Aston Martin Vulcan is Gr.X now, not N800? Interesting. Also, BMW i3 is finally N200. This info is according to: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gtsport/carlist/

That leaves me with the following:

Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1
Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706

I sure hope I win the Miura one of these days...
 
Last edited:
That's kinda weird how the official GT website lists those two cars as such...

In-game the Vulcan is still listed as an N800 car while the BMW i3 is still Gr.X.

Maybe it's a mistake on the webmaster's end?
 
Tested:

0:59.980 - Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car
1:01.721 - Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car

WRX ties the Evo. Same horsepower, but WRX makes peak power 500 rpm's higher, and makes 14.3 fewer peak ft-lbs of torque, also 500 rpm's higher. Weight is the same, at 3,142 lbs.

RCZ is actually my favorite Road Car, which is funny because I hate the base RCZ. It's 4 tenths slower than the 4C Road Car.

That makes 100 cars tested since v1.23 update. That only took about 35 days, or an average of 2.86 cars tested per day. Ford Mustang Road Car is next, and then I might re-do Suzuka East until I win the other two or three N-cars I'm missing.
 
Like what you are doing.

Not sure if somebody has asked, but how many Laps do you, before you settle on the cars best lap?

Do you have warm up laps?

If you make a mistake, does the car get another lap?

When I did this for all cars on the oval track (yep was boring), I gave myself 5 laps per car.

Cheers.
 
I spend anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes on each car. I drive until I can't beat my ghost anymore. If I make a mistake, I usually restart instead of finishing the lap.
 
Yep, before I resorted to the 5 lap limit, I was trying to always beat the ghost as well as the best time involving every best sector.
 
Tested:

1:01.986 - Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car

Here are the final standings for all the Road Cars:

0:59.963 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo.Final Gr.B Road Car
0:59.980 - Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car
1:00.715 - Citroen GT by Citroen Road Car
1:01.187 - Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car
1:01.343 - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
1:01.721 - Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 Road Car
1:01.946 - Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
1:01.986 - Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
 
Added spreadsheet to main post. Also edited main post of Suzuka time trials in my signature. I have completed testing the Honda Beat and am working on the Mazda Roadster for tonight.
 
Tested:

1:01.721 - Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe
1:06.427 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2seater

The '06 Viper is 6 tenths quicker than the '02 but one whole second slower than the '13.
300ZX would make a great competitor in a battle with the Toyota MR2 and Lancer Evo IV.
 
Back