Tt & dt 29

Discussion in 'GT5 Seasonal Events' started by doodlemonoply, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Good luck I hope you improve but without pushing me down a spot ;)

2. LMP787B

LMP787B

Did the cape ring earlier and used a chevvy camaro ss '10 and got a 2:58.2 in about 5 laps, reckon I could get that down by 3 - 5 seconds with some patience, currently about 6000th, just out of interest how much bhp are you guys getting out of it at 500PP ? Also do any of you using this car have a decent set up? Anyway help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

3. Doodle

Doodle Premium

Well I almost reached you, I just got a 1:58.569. I had to use the E-Brake in the last turn because I came in too hot.

4. LMP787B

LMP787B

Hi what car did you use? I used xanavi nismo gt-r and managed a 2:16 on my first lap and left it at that, I didn't want to spend too much time on it because I didn't have the right car to be competitive at the up of the leaderboard.

5. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

He's using a chapparal 2J like everyone else here, you can borrow mine if you don't have one. I managed a 1:58.2 with the current setup.

Unlucky, its like whoever designed the track thought "what sort of corner can we put at the end to ruin people's laps?" 130R is a nightmare aswell especially if you have a good split time just before it.

6. Doodle

Doodle Premium

Just improved once more to a 1:58.508 in 27th position. I would say that I could get in the 1:57's before this is over.

7. Lustika

Lustika

That is a good time!
    But I must ask why you used the e-brake and how it helped you. Its something I never heard of doing on a racetrack to get faster times.

8. Dazmeister22

Dazmeister22

But I must ask why you used the e-brake and how it helped you. Its something I never heard of doing on a racetrack to get faster times.

@Lutsika: Using the handbrake is an emergency only kinda thing. If you're coming into a corner too hot and you know you're going to go wide, hit the handbrake button as well as already braking. Make sure the car is in a straight line tho or else you will definitely spin out. Also only press the handbrake for a spilt second and then again if you still have to.

9. LMP787B

LMP787B

Oh, I don't have one of them. Thats why I'm about 50,000th.

10. nofearmx94

nofearmx94

can someone fill me in on who is currently top 3 in the latest time trials?....thanks nofearmx94

11. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

12. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  13. Mr P

Mr P

Down to 14th after a few 1hr sessions, Thanks to Ramon and Sic for posting the setups, done a frankenstein with both and saved heaps of time tweaking away... Thanks guys :bowdown:

A very addictive combo, considering how quick all can be lost by simply scratching your nose haha :lol: Will get back on this soon as I would prefer a top 10 before the end :)

GL to all running it :cheers:

14. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Good luck to you to, UK players seem to be doing better than usual on this TT.

15. cn11

cn11

What's your setup for the Ford GT? That's like the first car I tried out for the American TT, got close with it, but felt like I couldn't extract that extra lil' bit to get the gold time. Felt it had potential though with the right tune... did some searching for some, and found not very much out there on the car. Curious to know what you did to it.

I managed to take another .4 seconds off my gold time with the Dodge SRT4 though... Still in the 3.01's... Room for improvement. Don't know why I keep coming back to this TT, with how much it frustrated me for days on end!

16. CyKosis1973

CyKosis1973

Try this build. Made for a 600PP shootout on Race Hard tyres, but I'm sure you can run it closer to 650PP. For the record, this is one of the two best built cars I've driven in this game :tup:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5777646#post5777646

{Cy}

17. LMP787B

LMP787B

Hey guys, anybody else use the chevvy camaro ss '10 on cape ring? I managed a 2:58 within a few laps, which was good enough for 6000th, just wondering what kind of lap times others were managing with this car. Also how bhp are people getting out of it at 500PP? Finally, does anybody have a decent set up for this car and event?

18. Ronald6

Ronald6

I did for a day or two. But the Shelby is better for this TT. I think I managed a time of 2:54.???.

Add me: Ronald657 to see and use my setup.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  19. LMP787B

LMP787B

Yeah I would use the shelby but I dont have one :(, also is it in UCD from time to time?

20. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Looks like samurai_405 has time to spare he's went a little faster again, he must have noticed a few players closing up on him. I spent 5/6 hours straight trying to catch up to him, I found a couple of hundredths I know I could do a 1:57.6/1:57.7 with a bit of luck. Hopefully the next TTs are on shorter tracks.

21. bodaddy

bodaddy

Just a quick question sort of on topic, but I just got a new wheel today and the thing is so sensitive I can hardly make a trun without spinning out. Is there any way to turn down the sensitivity

22. Doodle

Doodle Premium

This time trial ends in about 10 minutes. I have to say, I'm extremely proud of my performance at Suzuka: 30th overall. :tup: This is only my second top 200 (the other one was kart space in 12th). Thank you uga, eclipsee, and sic for your tunes. They were amazing. :tup:

23. Polsixe

Polsixe

The Cape Ring TT bugged me I couldn't gold. Here are the time standards, for posterity, in case anyone else wants to try again:

TT29

Cape ring 500 pp American car , tires sports hard or less

Gold = 3:02.4
    Silver = 3:07.9
    Bronze = 3:17.0

Best = 2:45.738

24. Polsixe

Polsixe

Yay, did it two years later w/o much trouble,

Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
    3:00.005
    390 hp
    1414 kg

Check off another GT5 bucketlist item.

doodlemonoply likes this.
  25. Doodle

Doodle Premium

Oh my. I remember this event. My first top 50 in a non go kart. <3 :)