TTWRS Week 1: Speedin' In Spain

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 98 comments
I may have time for this sometime during the week and if the bike is availabe from day 1 I have no excuse then ;)

Jerome

hi all :) i'm on 1:14.909 @t2. i'm using lean-in riding form, here's a pic for you

gtp-tt.jpg

Great fun. :D

But it gotta take a whole lot of laps to get somewhere familiar with this track. :dopey:

1'18.317

And room for improvement. :lol:

Early splits as well:

T1 49.5
T2 1:15.8 (Not so good but a starting point)

jump_ace

New time from me, I don't think I'll be able to improve on this.

T1: 49.152 (Left a few tenths here)
T2: 1'14.883

Finished very well and improved on my previous best by .8 :eek:

Nice times guys. I had a quick session last night, I've just spent five hours wiping/transferring all my personal stuff off my hardrive then formatting it and and reinstalling windows to cure some bug I had!? Not sure what went wrong, couldn't fix it so I erased it. Seems to have cured it. 👍

I'll post my splits up later as they're on a post-it note upstairs somewhere? My brain hurts too much at the moment. :)

As for the replays being transferred with a normal USB stick. :banghead: I've only had my max-drive about a month, don't tell me it's useless already? :lol:

Darren.

Darren, it's still needed for the GT4 stuff.
Don't know if the PS2/TT will recognise it as just a memory stick or not, I can honestly say I haven't tried.
I had a pen drive for transfering photo mode pics etc anyway, so luckily I haven't had to buy another.

Give the Maxdrive stick a go, and let us all know how it turns out!

Neil

Hey Darren, whats happening? My name is Jerome and just a quick fyi, it has been my experience that the ARMax flash drive wont work with GT4 for saving any pics when the game is running (drive seems to ONLY work with the ARMax program boted in PS2) I've put in mult other flash drives that work fine, I've always wondered if this is a consistent problem as its very annoying to get my lazy @$$ up ff my couch and change usb drives...lol. Anyone else have the same prob?

750F-RM...Truly speedy splits man! Wish I was more comp for you and Ben here, but I'll try and actually sit down and play the game sometime :sly:

jump_ace

As far as I know the max drive works for TT. I've not posted any yet but I've got a couple on the PC.

We'll find out next week. :nervous:

Darren.

Edit. Sorry Jerome, didn't see your post.

I can't transfer pics with the max drive either. I usually just use my MP3 player for that??

Actually I've got a replay for Jerome's SS Route 5 lap time thread, I'll post that up tomorrow. (Gotta be up for work in 5 hours!! :ill:)

Hey Jerome!

Long time no chat mate!

I agree, the AR Max/ Maxdrive drive is only usefull for GT4 ghost/replay transfers. All else has to be done with a std USB stick.

PITA, big style!

Why couldn't PD have sorted it out at the start, instead of doing a half-arsed job?

Neil

icemanshooter23
Split times, corner speed, lines etc can all be discussed. The only thing that cannot be discussed is the final lap time.

It isn't that hard to infer a lap time from splits. Not to the hundredth or anything, but within a coupla tenths. Have splits always been OK for discussion? Like I said elsewhere, I'm just starting in the WRS world, but when it says lap times or any information used to infer lap times, I would include splits in that. The whole point of not discussing times is to race blindly, not having a clue till it's over.

icemanshooter23
Yes, splits have always been OK.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

I just started trying the race, started at about 50 for T1 and 1:17-18 for T2. That 180 after T1 is killing me! I knew I wasn't doing it right, but dropping 3 or 4 seconds in that short stretch????? Unlike real life, at least tire$, ga$ and track time$ are free, right?

Howdy Neil what up man? This TT is a really fun game, I should try and get around to doin the license tests and all that, good times there I'm sure :)
Hey 750, do you have any pointers for an amateur like myself? Like if I should brake early and which position to ride with? If ur swamped no biggie, I'll figure it out, flyin' splits BTW!

Jerome

hi, jump ace :) i'm using the lean-in riding style (i think pd have called it lean body where you are)

try to be as upright as possible when braking, if you're turning whilst braking, the understeer is horrible

sometimes if i go in too hot i need to have a dab mid turn, but it's best avoided if poss

the old phrase 'slow in, fast out' holds true still. use all the track, plenty of the green tarmac

keep pushing, you'll gain time 👍

Come on guys, let's see a couple of more of them slow times too. :dopey:

1'18.041

Slowly learning Valencia with 2 sessions under the belt. Now I just need to feel it instead of vaguely remembering the turns.

Last night I did the S-licenses and got access to the last challenges. What a huge help to already have had those 2 session here, to win the Valencia challenges. 👍

Anyway after 6 days I'm already at 53% :eek: Really great to have some good old OLR to prolong the life of TT. :D

Once Curtis gets back from EWSC, it will be interesting to see if his alien in this game too.

Nice to see a WRS for TT 👍
Also you can submit your TT times at GTPlayground, found in my sig 👍

Glad I'm not the only one struggling, Jake. 👍

Last night challenges on the high powered bikes payed off and gave a massive improvement this morning before work.

1'16.901

and 1.8 at the line. :eek:

Still can see another second out there and hope to get in another session before deadline. :dopey:

Who wanted some slow splits? :)

T1 0'51.581
T2 1'19.833

Looks like my 12 laps whilst desperatly trying to stay awake at one in the morning were only good for last place. Oh well, I'll go and give it another shot in a minute.

Still learning the Velancia circuit so hopefully my times should improve quite quickly.

As for the replay worries I've posted one up here.

I'm assuming it all works the same as GT4 but this is my first TT replay so any feedback would be welcome. It PAL by the way.

:cheers:

Darren.

hello :) far as i can tell, you didn't use the usb/.dat format for that replay, so i couldn't view it

my t2 for the valencia lap is now 1:14.042. i'd like a 13, but it'll be tough

gtp-tt-3.jpg

750F-RM
hi, jump ace :) i'm using the lean-in riding style (i think pd have called it lean body where you are)

try to be as upright as possible when braking, if you're turning whilst braking, the understeer is horrible

sometimes if i go in too hot i need to have a dab mid turn, but it's best avoided if poss

the old phrase 'slow in, fast out' holds true still. use all the track, plenty of the green tarmac

keep pushing, you'll gain time 👍

Great that answered a few of my ??'s there, thx man! See ya at the finish...if ur still willing to wait :ouch:

Jerome

750F-RM
hello :) far as i can tell, you didn't use the usb/.dat format for that replay, so i couldn't view it.

.max I'm afraid. I assume the max drive and ARmax transfer devices aren't compatable then? Anyone else here use a max drive?

Had a good crack at this tonight. Can't remember exact times but my T1's are consistently low 49's (even had a 48.7 at one point but you really shouldn't check your splits going into braking zones. :dunce: )

I'll post some proper times up tomorrow, I'm tired now and I can hear my bed calling. :)

Darren.

Me tired bunny too!

Spent the evening getting all licences up to at least silver.

Got all novice golded
Most of junior gold too
All of advanced silver
Now if I can only get Leguna bloody seca on that crappy Honda 750 and the Suzuka laps silvered I will be happy for now. Got a couple of the super's very close to golds (a couple of hundredths)

Too tired now.

Beddy Byes for me!

Neil

Ballstothewall
Me tired bunny too!

Spent the evening getting all licences up to at least silver.

Got all novice golded
Most of junior gold too
All of advanced silver
Now if I can only get Leguna bloody seca on that crappy Honda 750 and the Suzuka laps silvered I will be happy for now. Got a couple of the super's very close to golds (a couple of hundredths)

Too tired now.

Beddy Byes for me!

Neil

Man, I'm with you. I busted my hump, but I got all 40 golds. I must say the hardest test was with the TZ125 at Tsukuba...

SuperT
.max I'm afraid. I assume the max drive and ARmax transfer devices aren't compatable then? Anyone else here use a max drive?

Don't need to use max in TT, the Replay menu has an icon to save the replay to USB, just like a picture in photmode. Only keeps one, though, overwrites if there's one there already, so don't delete it from your memory card thinking it's safely stored elsewhere.

Just a quick update on times posted so far, listed in order of insanity. :sly:

Div 1. Div 2. Div 3.

T1 XX.XXX T2 1'14.042 750F-RM D1

T1 49.141 T2 1'14.705 Tomf4i03 D2

T1 49.152 T2 1'14.883 icemanshooter23 D1

T1 49.5XX T2 1'15.8XX jump_ace D1

T1 49.8XX T2 1'15.9XX wfooshee D1

T1 50.064 T2 1'16.901 NielsG D2

T1 XX.XXX T2 1'16.XXX Isim001 D2 👍

T1 50.581 T2 1'17.569 jake73 D2

T1 51.581 T2 1'19.833 SuperT D3

I'll try and keep this updated for this week (and link it to my sig) but I can't be certain I'll be around to do it every week. (Colby's one's look much nicer anyway and I don't have the know how (or Excel) to be able to create one like that. :dunce: )

Where are the rest of the registered racers?

Darren.

Back