Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
The car was still stock, Mafs.

It's because it wasn't a stiffened chassis. Made my wheel twist with the chassis, especially on left turns.

Once again, we're closing in on the end folks! If there's nobody else who plans to judge, I'll have results up Thursday afternoon, but if there's anyone who still plans to get some results posted, please let me know - we can definitely consider doing an extension as with Phase 1, since that allowed a few more sets of judging to get in under the wire.

:ouch: Yeah, going forward, I think it's safe to say panel judging will be in place for all challenges...

I still haven't gotten PM's from anyone else interested in judging. STIdriver planned to judge Classic Club, but the judging closes tonight, and with no one else showing any interest in judging, and TCv3 starting to pick up steam, I don't see a whole lot of point in an extension.

Again, anyone interested in judging, please let me know before midnight U.S. eastern tonight.

I hope there are more judges. :scared: We had like what, 1 maybe 2 in each division.

amen to that. There should be a committee of appointed judges..

Not my problem more of you wanted to tune rather than judge. :sly: But due to some things whispered in the wind to about my judging style (atleast 2 people told me directly!! Thankyou to them, you know who you are. :)) I'm not worrying about asking Kent about judging TCv3. So breathe a sigh of relief. :sly:

I didn't mind your judging :D
I hope to enter and judge TCV3.
Does this mean I get 1st place in the Fire Spitter 💡 :D

I'm not worrying about asking Kent about judging TCv3. So breathe a sigh of relief. :sly:

I don't understand?
Didn't you already say you were going to do so regardless of my decision?
In any case, no biggie. I'll take note of the fact you aren't interested though. :cheers:

Btw, I'm glad to see the challenge worked out well. :cheers:

It's already 'unofficially' started over in the GT4 Car Tuning and Settings subforum, in the "Tuner Challenge Version 3" thread - check it out! 👍

I'll get the results for Phase 2 (such as they are :indiff:) posted tomorrow, probably early afternoonish, although with so few results to compile, I don't think there'll be any big surprises :sly: After that I'm gonna have to take a breather for a little while - it's coming down to crunch-time on a thesis that's going to demand most of my time for the next month or two. I'm still hopefully going to judge TCv3 - that's too good to pass up - but I may not be able to enter the Peugeot I had planned.

A BIG thank-you to those of you that took the time to judge in both phases of the VTC - it was a great help! 👍 :cheers:

Ah, point taken... Good job on catching that on.
Sorry to confuse that Maf. :ouch:

That said, feel free to contact me PM if you have any interest in judging. :cheers:

Will keep in mind....thankyou Kent. :) Yeah it was EA11R, not I having the judging argument with you. :P

At the moment however, my RWD entry is coming up so I'm concentrating on it right now. I think I've done a decent job so far, I'll let you all decide on that one though when it's 100% complete. Like I said, it's not a powerhouse, more a drifter turned touge for some fun thrashing. ;)

And AWD is still pissing me off.....have a decent car, but not enough power. The other car I have for it has more power, but understeering in a way that makes it hard to control for Mr. & Mrs.Everyplayer. It's putting me off my FF BTCC tune...that's 80% done now too.

Bit hard trying to tune 3 cars at once, going back & forth between them all.

Bah, I'll take Beam & Coke, thanks.

(BTW, it's Cap'n n' Coke around here, not some "Bundaberg Rum & Cola" crap)

I just love how almost everything you say comes off as rude :P One Bourbon & Cola coming up (hypothetically sorry). And Bundy is an awesome drink thankyou very much.

pffftt.. just regular coke for me. the bigger the bottle is, the better.

One tall glass of Bundy it is, no sorry, standard Coke (if there is such a thing :sly: ) Also hypothetical.

From my CIEN's results to winning a category and placing on the podium in nearly every other category just one comp after, I'm over the moon right now.

My Supra got 3rd in its division and my Autobianchi lost its one, yeah I'm pretty happy. :P

The Autobianchi was doomed from the moment you thought of it, but 3rd isn't too bad in a Supra.

The Autobianchi was probably more of a restoration project than a tune eh? :lol: 100/100 on improvement is definately something to be proud of though.

1 podium is good enough for me, especially in my 1st GTP tuning cup, thanks Supra. :D

I came like 6th or 7th in my first attempt. More competitors that time too though, I remember beating someone..........

Well, hell, that was my 'acting half-drunk and asking for some booze' typing style.

Even though I don't drink and don't smoke.

That's what sucks about forums, you can't actually hear what each other are saying :sly:
I have never been drunk, and only drank alcohol on 2 occasions in small quantities. Tasty Bundy, mmmmmmmmmmm.

I'll have some results for you guys in the next hour or so... although everyone already knows what's coming :sly:

But first... caffeine... late night last night, and not for fun reasons! (Yes it's 2:30 pm here and I just got up... :ouch:)

Vintage Tuner Cup Phase 2 Results

We're finished, gentlemen! It's worth noting that the results of Phase 2 are based only one set of judging for each division, but nonetheless, congratulations to the top performers!

1973-1980

The oil embargo podium is unsuprisingly populated by low-output lightweight cars that, true to their period, emphasize nimbleness over raw power!

1. Nd 4 Holden Spd - 95
2. Greycap - 93.2
3. Craftylandshark - 89.4
4. Rotary Junkie - 89
5. Leonidae - 85.4
6. VTiRoj - 82

1981-1988

A diverse podium of finishers to say the least... a tofu-slinging lightweight hatchback, an overweight hunk of Detroit steel, and a fire-breathing turbocharged limited-run sportscar!

1. Leonidae - 94
2. Nd 4 Holden Spd - 92
3. VTiRoj - 90
4. Greycap - 88
5. mafia_boy - 84
6. dimplz - 78
7. RotaryJunkie - 75
8. GT40MkII - 60
9. setsunakute/MegasoftOffice - 50

Classic Club Racers

Once again a diverse podium - the Italians (as Finns), the Germans (as Americans) and the Americans (as Australians) were all three in hot contention! Confused? Me too!

1. Greycap - 96
2. wrcsti - 94
3. Nd 4 Holden Spd - 92
4. RotaryJunkie - 90
5. Tulok - 82
6. Snyp - 70

As the final words of the challenge, I'd like to congratulate everyone who scored a podium finish - among competition this fierce, that says a lot! Thanks to all the entrants for making this event such fun to be a part of, and most of all, a BIG thank you to everyone who took the time to judge in either of the phases of the VTC - without you, we tuners would have no audience. 👍 :cheers:

See everyone at TCv3!

Back