*** Turn 10 / Forza Motorsport Studio Tour by Inside Sim Racing

• Thread starter King1982
  • 47 comments
So a non-Motorsport game this year, probably Horizon 2. Cool.

A few more games and I might have to start thinking seriously about getting an Xbox.

getphotox2sfm.jpg

The details are incredible.

A few more games and I might have to start thinking seriously about getting an Xbox.

Should be good..

Last edited by a moderator:

Definitely Horizon 2. It was listed in documents that were leaked. 👍

Definitely Horizon 2. It was listed in documents that were leaked. 👍

Sweet, I enjoyed Horizon. I feel like we've got lots of simmy games at the moment, so I think a Horizon 2 will be just what the doctor ordered. :)

Just a shame it looks nothing like that when racing. The difference between gameplay & photomode is night & day.

Well, that's a stinker. I was hoping this gen, the gap between photo mode/garage/auto vista and gameplay would be narrower than ever. Bummer.

Yeah i looks even better in gameplay. I agree. :)

Uh, I don't think he means in a good way! ;)

VXR
Is that not true of any game?!

So I suppose all other games have hidden photo modes with super uppity visuals? :sly:

^^^^ Of all the people to take their opinion to heart, you go with UKHardcore? He's made it apparent he doesn't like FM5 and will say anything he can (and will outright make things up) to dissuade anyone else from liking.

^^^^ Of all the people to take their opinion to heart, you go with UKHardcore? He's made it apparent he doesn't like FM5 and will say anything he can (and will outright make things up) to dissuade anyone else from liking.
Gameplay wise it's very good, Im just not oblivious to it's many faults. Right now im level 376 played it for over 260 hours....You really think that's someone that does not like Forza 5?

Gameplay looks nothing like photomode, the LOD on the cars is abysmal and very jarring at times & the jaggies are insane prob worse than Forza 4. Edit: Take that back about the jaggies after sticking Forza 4 on...5 slightly better but no other Xbox One game has the jaggies of Forza 5.

Last edited:
Gameplay wise it's very good, Im just not oblivious to it's many faults. Right now im level 376 played it for over 260 hours....You really think that's someone that does not like Forza 5?

Gameplay looks nothing like photomode, the LOD on the cars is abysmal and very jarring at times & the jaggies are insane prob worse than Forza 4.

Whats your Xbox live name? I'd like to add you.

Whats your Xbox live name? I'd like to add you.

Sent it to you a PM/Conversation

On Forza 5 graphics this is what DF has to say...

It's also disappointing that, despite the supreme full HD presentation, Forza 5 offers anti-aliasing that delivers little to no effect on foliage or cars. Stair-stepping can be rough in spots, especially in cockpit view, and given the processing muscle-power needed to push out this resolution, it makes for a surprising contrast with a more thoroughly treated - if performance limited - 900p game like Ryse.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-digital-foundry-vs-forza-motorsport-5

Now i only race in Cockpit view so checked out the other views and sure enough the jaggies arnt quite as bad. Wonder why that is? You would think it would have less jaggies.

Photomode looks bloody amazing though.

Last edited:
Now i only race in Cockpit view so checked out the other views and sure enough the jaggies arnt quite as bad. Wonder why that is? You would think it would have less jaggies.

Why would you expect it to be better in cockpit view? GT has the exact same problem in cockpit, except they deal with it by dropping frames instead of turning down the AA solution.

Why would you expect it to be better in cockpit view? GT has the exact same problem in cockpit, except they deal with it by dropping frames instead of turning down the AA solution.

I would of thought less track, less detail to render on screen at one time? In other views you see so much more of the track/scenery. Do you know why aliasing is far worse in cockpit view?

For the past hour or two i have been racing online in chase cam and the graphics are defo better (still nothing like photomode) and the sound is incredible compared to cockpit also the envoirmental sounds are far better...Massive difference.

For me though chase cam totally takes you out of the immersion so i defo will go back to my insane jaggies in cockpit :)

Last edited:
I would of thought less track, less detail to render on screen at one time? In other views you see so much more of the track/scenery. Do you know why aliasing is far worse in cockpit view?

No, I just know that it's more taxing in all games that I play with cockpit views.

I assume that any gains from not rendering a small part of the scenery (if they even get to skip rendering it, I'm not sure they do) are more than wiped out by having to render a detailed cockpit. It's essentially additional load on top of what the game would have to do anyway for a bumper cam, and it would seem to be more taxing to render a detailed cockpit than one additional car for chase cam.

Gameplay looks nothing like photomode, the LOD on the cars is abysmal and very jarring at times & the jaggies are insane prob worse than Forza 4. Edit: Take that back about the jaggies after sticking Forza 4 on...5 slightly better but no other Xbox One game has the jaggies of Forza 5.

I'm not really in a position to comment on FM5 jaggies, but the minor jaggies of FM4 do not distract me at all. I sit at least 6 feet or further away from a 40" screen and no, I don't need to sit 3 feet or less from it according to THX or whatever. Even at 12 feet away, detail is crisp and clear. I keep sharpness down to practically zero with enhancements at times set to low or medium, at times none. Jaggies are not bothersome at all. Looks smooth for the most part.

As for the photo mode and actual gameplay it's depressing to know there's may be yet another generation of FM games where the AV, garage and PM graphics are going to be superior compared to gameplay. Kind of reminds me when GT3 and 4 came out with stunning CGI intros.. and then you play the game and go: Oh....kay... then.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-digital-foundry-vs-forza-motorsport-5

^^ Glad to know it was graphics that suffered a bit, as opposed to sounds or physics.

Last edited:
I'm not really in a position to comment on FM5 jaggies, but the minor jaggies of FM4 do not distract me at all. I sit at least 6 feet or further away from a 40" screen and no, I don't need to sit 3 feet or less from it according to THX or whatever. Even at 12 feet away, detail is crisp and clear. I keep sharpness down to practically zero with enhancements at times set to low or medium, at times none. Jaggies are not bothersome at all. Looks smooth for the most part.

As for the photo mode and actual gameplay it's depressing to know there's may be yet another generation of FM games where the AV, garage and PM graphics are going to be superior compared to gameplay. Kind of reminds me when GT3 and 4 came out with stunning CGI intros.. and then you play the game and go: Oh....kay... then.

^^ Glad to know it was graphics that suffered a bit, as opposed to sounds or physics.

Yeah i play on a 55 & 51" which makes the jaggies look really bad, I keep meaning to move it into the kids bedroom on to the 32" as i reckon the jaggies will be no where near as bad and it will actually look amazing... I have noticed a trend of people that say Forza 5 is amazing looking do tend to play on smaller tv's.

^^ Is that right? Have you just tried moving the 55" to a bigger room and sitting further away? If anything a larger screen size makes 1080p look "prettier". What level is your sharpness? And is there any overlay or post processing going on?

Generally keeping backlight low can make the jaggies less visible too, but not my much. Do you play in a completely dark room with the backlight almost at zero?

^^ Is that right? Have you just tried moving the 55" to a bigger room and sitting further away? If anything a larger screen size makes 1080p look "prettier". What level is your sharpness? And is there any overlay or post processing going on?

Generally keeping backlight low can make the jaggies less visible too, but not my much. Do you play in a completely dark room with the backlight almost at zero?
Bigger the TV bigger the flaw. Processing is all off i know what im doing when it comes to TV's :)

No i defo dont have the backlight almost at Zero, On the Samsung LED it's around 12day/8Night and Sammy Plasma is at 16. Sharpness 0 for LED and 9 for Plasma.

Both TV's have been calibrated with WOW which is one of the best on the market.

Back