Turn 10 to Address Forza Motorsport Fan Complaints Over Progression, Penalties, & AI

• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments
My best/worst race was at laguna seca and on second big left hand corner I went from 21st to 2nd after a big melee between all the cars bar one other in front of me(game on skill level 6) yet there was no penalties at end of race

Yeah, yeah, "soul" is the excuse with which Polyphony Digital gets away with everything almost every time. (I have owned/played GT games).
I believe this carries the unwarranted implication that people haven't lined up around the block to glad-hand everything Turn 10 has done after Forza 4; often times based on things Turn 10 had said before some given game came out that in hindsight were just as much lies as any grandiose nonsense Kaz talked about in the PS3 era.

Last edited:
GT has soul and feels like it's made by artists. FM feels like the opposite.
The soul gets dragged down completely by mediocre gameplay aspects, ridiculous grind, and tying cars behind gambling mechanics/FOMO(which sucks in all games.) Sure looks nice, like I mentioned, but it has it's own glaring issues that equally suck away the fun from it.

As someone who likes taking photographs, I appreciate it. As someone who also enjoys racing, I don't. I guess thats a step above Forza for me right now as I don't enjoy doing either.

Last edited:
Strange that i still not see anything about the bad pc performance and graphics settings etc. Still huge frame drops on sertain circuits etc. But yeah shure fix the things that matters for the console boys.
To be fair, consoles are going to make up the lions share of the user base, and the issues Turn 10 focused on are, as far as I can tell, the main 3 universal problems that most players take issue with, regardless of platform.

Hopefully some fixes come sooner rather than later for the PC crowd, though.

The soul gets dragged down completely by mediocre gameplay aspects, ridiculous grind, and tying cars behind gambling mechanics/FOMO(which sucks in all games.) Sure looks nice, like I mentioned, but it has it's own glaring issues that equally suck away the fun from it.

As someone who likes taking photographs, I appreciate it. As someone who also enjoys racing, I don't. I guess thats a step above Forza for me right now as I don't enjoy doing either.
I agree it has it’s own issues, I don’t even really like GT7 that much to be honest. I barely even play it.

It's true though, GT has a unique style that no one else can do.
I think it’s a combination of best in class technical execution ( unrivalled FPS and visual fidelity) combined with user experience that is seamless.
All the menus and music are flowing, pre and post race UX is excellent and has style .
It’s like an automotive iPhone. Forza is like an (older) Android.
The server browser/lobby selector is the worst aspect to me in gt7. I don’t understand how they don’t have sorting options for most players and lowest ping. But those are minor gripes for my own enjoyment personally.
There is a lot of artistry and technical skill in gt7, overall it is impressive and with PS2VR it’s literally revolutionary for console racing.

Last edited:
mef
I think it’s a combination of best in class technical execution ( unrivalled FPS and visual fidelity) combined with user experience that is seamless.
All the menus and music are flowing, pre and post race UX is excellent and has style .
It’s like an automotive iPhone. Forza is like an (older) Android.
The server browser/lobby selector is the worst aspect to me in gt7. I don’t understand how they don’t have sorting options for most players and lowest ping. But those are minor gripes for my own enjoyment personally.
There is a lot of artistry and technical skill in gt7, overall it is impressive and with PS2VR it’s literally revolutionary for console racing.

Their FPS? Really? compared to what?

Don't think anyone will argue against their visual fidelity, but unfortunately it falls on many area's that actually have to do with playing a racing game.

Last edited:
mef
The server browser/lobby selector is the worst aspect to me in gt7. I don’t understand how they don’t have sorting options for most players and lowest ping.
Yeah that part of the game could definitely use improvements, that kind of thing is what really makes people play games for a long time.

But it’s still better than Forza’s solution, which was getting rid of user created lobbies altogether. That is the only decision that they’ve made that was dumber than the car leveling.

Last edited:
It honestly just feels like empty words atp I think that they just couldn’t care less about whether it’s a good and/or functional game, the fact that

a) they had to constantly remind you that they built this game from the ground up is very weird and feels as if they’re compensating for something

b) the amount of development time they had, only to release a broken, borderline unplayable game that only sold well because of false words and the Forza sticker slapped on it as well as devoted fans of the series

I honestly think that playground games have just given up and this is their last resort, I don’t think they care about us anymore

GT has what? No possibility to actually build up a car, crazy handling and you can`t race an european car in asia or america a.s.on.

About the complains; the levelling up and penalty-system are minor faults compared to the worse-than-gta AI. I remember complaining about the same back in earlier FM-games, they`ve allways been done wrong but not as bad as now.

As a xbox-user I have no complaints about graphics. Was a bit foggy in the start but cleared up after the update

I think if i can choise one part to be changed the most of any changes in fm, would to remove all fomo tours and make them permant
Its big issue in my opinion, 2nd would be to get rid of level system or make it more balanced, their is other big issues to but this two is the worst and many of the other issues i can look past if those 2 changes was to be made,

GT has what? No possibility to actually build up a car, crazy handling and you can`t race an european car in asia or america a.s.on.

About the complains; the levelling up and penalty-system are minor faults compared to the worse-than-gta AI. I remember complaining about the same back in earlier FM-games, they`ve allways been done wrong but not as bad as now.

As a xbox-user I have no complaints about graphics. Was a bit foggy in the start but cleared up after the update

What do you mean, you can build your cars pretty well in gt7 more than fm i would say, if you are not talking sbout engine swaps, drive train swaps, i would way say that goes to fm, but as for body part in general you have way more options in gt7

It would be great to have a racing game with the physics and performance upgrades of Forza, the photo mode and realistic car models of GT, the cool visual customization of NFS, and none of the FOMO ****...

That they at least grasped some of the issues and apologized to the players is a step forward in resolving the issues in the confusion surrounding FM2023.

However, the fact that they did not mention FOMO at all is concerning to me, and this probably indicates that this poison will continue to poison Forza in the future.

FOMO may be effective in keeping Gamepass subscribers, but in a racing game with competitive multiplayer it can be just as problematic as CARPG.
For example, if (insert any car here) is OP, and the car is only available as content for a limited time event, with rare opportunities to reacquire it, players who fail to participate in that event could be at a disadvantage in multiplayer.

My personal opinion is that they should not continue to make these cars exclusive, but have alternative and constant means of obtaining them, such as making them accessible to all players after a certain period of time, or unlocking the right to purchase these cars with CARPG rewards.

It honestly just feels like empty words atp I think that they just couldn’t care less about whether it’s a good and/or functional game, the fact that

a) they had to constantly remind you that they built this game from the ground up is very weird and feels as if they’re compensating for something

b) the amount of development time they had, only to release a broken, borderline unplayable game that only sold well because of false words and the Forza sticker slapped on it as well as devoted fans of the series

I honestly think that playground games have just given up and this is their last resort, I don’t think they care about us anymore
Wouldn’t really matter if Playground Games had given up… because this is made by Turn 10.

However, the fact that they did not mention FOMO at all is concerning to me, and this probably indicates that this poison will continue to poison Forza in the future.
FOMO may be effective in keeping Gamepass subscribers, but in a racing game with competitive multiplayer it can be just as problematic as CARPG.
For example, if (insert any car here) is OP, and the car is only available as content for a limited time event, with rare opportunities to reacquire it, players who fail to participate in that event could be at a disadvantage in multiplayer.
That is what has caused me to stop playing all of FM, FH4, FH5 and GT7. I've lost interest in games that lock away functional items. There are enough good games available that have functional equality between players, and only restrict access to cosmetic items, that I can't see any reason to play games that restrict access to functional items.

Fomo has taking over a lot lately, fm does take it to an extreme level, even above fh5 and gt7, i dont play many of those daily, have taking some break from gt7 but i will be back, but do play little every week with weakly challanges witch i find as very good thing added to gt7, still glad they dont go the route of locking away cars in those weakly challanges, and hopefully that dosen’t changes, but i think more can be done to futher improve it,

I love the game but my two biggest gripes are (1) the inane way the AI drive. They brake check for absolutely no reason on straights and some slight curves and always drift over to block you as you approach to pass them. That and the fact they give up and quit once you do pass them. And (2) how basically worthless cash in the game is. CP is all that matters. I have over ten million in cash sitting in the bank. They should balance out using earned cash and CP for upgrading cars somehow.

Hardly unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean, you can build your cars pretty well in gt7 more than fm i would say, if you are not talking sbout engine swaps, drive train swaps, i would way say that goes to fm, but as for body part in general you have way more options in gt7

Anyone who has any experience from building up cars irl will know what I mean. Unable to decide tyrewidht mreans no tuning.

Anyone who has any experience from building up cars irl will know what I mean. Unable to decide tyrewidht mreans no tuning.

build a car can mean much, and no you cant wide the tyres in gt7 witch i have wanted in the gt franshise for a while, forza has have this for a pretty long time, but what forza lacks is if you want build you car like race car, the option is just no there for many cars,witch you can get much closer to in gt7, because of more body kits options, customaziable wings, more aero and body parts in general, and it also offer so you can change exhaust apperance
Witch one of the most popular things to change in reallife as you first upgrade on your sportcar, forza use to have so much more custmize options than gt, but gt has catch up and even surpace them in visual customize options, forza just has not evolved much here since fm4,

Last edited:
I hope they fix the AI being super fast early in the race and then slowing down after two or three minutes on lower difficulties.

I'm an average driver and I play lower difficulty levels and they just blast past you early in the race and then the game will set them at the difficulty's pace a lap or two down the race.

I hope they fix the AI being super fast early in the race and then slowing down after two or three minutes on lower difficulties.

I'm an average driver and I play lower difficulty levels and they just blast past you early in the race and then the game will set them at the difficulty's pace a lap or two down the race.
And how about two guys jumping out to a 6 second lead and the rest just clog up the track ahead of you. I usually have the AI at a 6 or so and have learned to dive bomb at the start and get up 4 or more places to have a chance.

I was looking forward to this game until I saw the progression system, and I decided not to purchase based on that. So I'm keen to see what they do (if anything) and maybe I'll pick it up afterall. But I'm not buying until I can see that the progression will appeal to me, otherwise, what's the point, I might as well burn my money as I just won't play it.

Last edited:
Anyone who’s actually build a car up irl knows tyre width is not the definitive factor to say if you can or can’t build up a car. You seem to forget that factors such as:
  • Upgraded gearbox and ratios
  • Differential type and it’s ratios
  • Upgraded Suspension, ARB’s
  • Addition of aero
  • Weight reduction
  • Power mods such as Turbos, exhaust, intakes etc.
  • many others
By your own logic it seems like you’ve never built a car theni

Ps you can’t put 245mm tyres on the rear of an e30 m3 to build a replica dtm car, so I guess FM doesn’t have tuning then

Last edited:
I was looking forward to this game until I saw the progression system, and I decided not to purchase based on that. So I'm keen to see what they do (if anything) and maybe I'll pick it up afterall. But I'm not buying until I can see that the progression will appeal to me, otherwise, what's the point, I might as well burn my money as I just won't play it.
If they do make any changes and you seem to gain interest, and you don't already have the Gamepass, I believe first time subscribers get it for stupid cheap. It used to be just $1, but not sure if that's still the case.

Their FPS? Really? compared to what?
Compared to Forza and other console racers. Do other console racers support 120hz output or high quality VR (2k per eye)? Also bear in mind GT7 has dynamic lighting, no baked shadows. Visual fidelity and FPS are linked, so it’s astonishing that GT7 can run at 120hz despite its fidelity.

Here’s an article about it

Last edited:
Back