Turn 10 to Address Forza Motorsport Fan Complaints Over Progression, Penalties, & AI

• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments
I've switched from starting 12th to moving up to 8th or 6th and that seems to help a little to get out of the melee that can become the first couple of turns. But AI behavior still needs to be addressed especially after what they promised pre launch.

Last edited:
Forza just went a step ahead of GT7. :lol:
They have responded to the backlash but what they do with it is completly different thing, pd also responded when it launched but they have not quite delivered on all their promises yet, so we have to,see also,what turn 10 does to make those improvments, i personally would like to see a drag mode because that was pretty well done in fm7

"Although there are myriad other issues, and some players will be scoffing at the absence of their own particular bugbears on the list, these three are the ones that the team considers the highest priority right now."

Calling y'all out (and probably me too if I played this game lmao)

lol two of those things were things people were openly questioning before the game even came out. I wonder if "making the PC version worth the space it takes up" is a priority too.

Since when Forza is behind GT, it's always ahead since PS3/X360 era or maybe before.
Not anymore fm 23 is currently behind gt7 in its current state, gt7 just have more on offer overall, even most forza fans agree about this just look at most forza forums or forza pages, gt7 have its list of problems for sure but to claim forza is better is just silly,

Last edited:
I think it's great that the Ki is being adapted, because it's really bad and causes a lot of frustration.
My other big problem is the handling. Most cars only drive well once most of the suspension parts have been replaced and the setup has been adjusted. Some even only after better tires have been fitted.
This is sometimes really frustrating until you have finally reached the right level and everything is available and there are enough points to install it.

Here I wish that the standard setups of the cars would be revised a bit.
Maybe there should be two setups per car, one for pad players and one for steering wheel drivers.

The strange behavior may also be due to the feeling of speed, because this is also much too low for me in Forza in the cockpit view. 150km/h feels more like 50km/h, logically you are then always driving too fast, which is not helpful...

PS: I drive with a steering wheel, not with a pad

I think it's great that the Ki is being adapted, because it's really bad and causes a lot of frustration.
My other big problem is the handling. Most cars only drive well once most of the suspension parts have been replaced and the setup has been adjusted. Some even only after better tires have been fitted.
This is sometimes really frustrating until you have finally reached the right level and everything is available and there are enough points to install it.

Here I wish that the standard setups of the cars would be revised a bit.
Maybe there should be two setups per car, one for pad players and one for steering wheel drivers.

The strange behavior may also be due to the feeling of speed, because this is also much too low for me in Forza in the cockpit view. 150km/h feels more like 50km/h, logically you are then always driving too fast, which is not helpful...

PS: I drive with a steering wheel, not with a pad
Check out the options, they allow you to change the Field of Vision. When it's set, you can set activate FoV options to Yes.

I got poor focus and eye sight so I strongly lowered it.

Edit: I just tried a race on the equivalent of Above Average (Difficulty 4) and I kept rewinding 'cause I tried to win (Just like that.) and I was greeted with a +0 EXP and +0 Event gain and +0 VIP Bonus so lookout, people, I'm not sure if they invalidate gains when you do rewind too much and I hope they fix it.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how many people don't read this properly and then immediately jump down their throats.

I saw someone on Facebook complaining they aren't fixing anything and that they aren't listening to people - when in the article they posted they've literally said they were highlighting three particular issues and they happen to be three of the biggest complaints.

They complain when they don't do anything, they complain when they're trying to do something. Seems to be the impossible task.

Can't wait to see how many people don't read this properly and then immediately jump down their throats.

I saw someone on Facebook complaining they aren't fixing anything and that they aren't listening to people - when in the article they posted they've literally said they were highlighting three particular issues and they happen to be three of the biggest complaints.

They complain when they don't do anything, they complain when they're trying to do something. Seems to be the impossible task.
Reminds me of a YouTube channel I was watching in 2014-2015. One of the main cast gets in, the people whine, then when he leaves people want him back. Sometimes there's no way to win.

Last edited:
Check out the options, they allow you to change the Field of Vision. When it's set, you can set activate FoV options to Yes.
Thanks for the tip. I've tried that too, if I set it very far away (to 63-65) then it gets a bit better with the speed feeling. But it's still not as good as in the other games (WRC, F1, ACC PJCars2 or GT7)
Also the view is a bit weird. :scared:

Lovely news from Turn10, please listen to majority.

Get rid of that progression system as it is now, and a lot of people will be back racing, and enjoying collecting cars again.

There aren't any games like Forza Motorsport on the horizon so they can take their time without any immediate competitor taking their user-base.

Since when Forza is behind GT, it's always ahead since PS3/X360 era or maybe before.
Not sure on those laugh reacts 😄 Gran Turismo hasn't been at its best since Gran Turismo 4

Last edited:
Not sure on those laugh reacts 😄 Gran Turismo hasn't been at its best since Gran Turismo 4
Both series peaked at 4

i think not coincidence GIF

Both series peaked at 4
I agree. Not only 4 was the most polished and complete GT, but PD's missteps during the PS3 era also coincided with Forza Motorsport 3 and 4 being far superior than their predecessors.

GT5 Prologue, though obviously lacking in content, was also pretty polished and presented itself as a complete product, while GT5 was all over the place with its presentation, started the trend of poor use of all the content it had and most importantly felt like a chore to play.

Yeeeeaaaa the thing is though is that they should've adjusted the level system much sooner or actually had the foresight of players not liking it and making it easy to adjust just in case. I've raced on La Sarthe so many times since launch

This has a lot to do with personal feelings and expectations (which are rising all the time). The increased effort and possibilities due to the better hardware should also not be ignored.

For me personally, Forza Motorsport 5 is the highlight of the series. With Gran Turismo, I think the new look has done everything right with Sport and the subsequent GT7, both of which share the Gran Turismo throne for me.

Of course, they all had and still have their downsides and could do a lot better. But let's be honest, is there a perfect game that makes everyone 100% happy? impossible!

Lovely news from Turn10, please listen to majority.

Get rid of that progression system as it is now, and a lot of people will be back racing, and enjoying collecting cars again.

There aren't any games like Forza Motorsport on the horizon so they can take their time without any immediate competitor taking their user-base.
Another would be to make every reward car available in the car dealer and as rental cars in Free Play. Not to mention the ability to select manufacturer colors on rental cars and do basic set-up tuning based on their default setups.

While I’m stoked that they have acknowledged community concerns, I’m definitely not holding my breath for great changes. After all we are still talking about the same people who lied about this game in the first place. I’ll believe it when I see it, it’s clear this isn’t the same team that created the FM4 masterpiece.

Thank God GT7 has started getting good and there’s more options out there while we see what happens.

They have responded to the backlash but what they do with it is completly different thing, pd also responded when it launched but they have not quite delivered on all their promises yet, so we have to,see also,what turn 10 does to make those improvments, i personally would like to see a drag mode because that was pretty well done in fm7
A game that has had 2 years worth of updates to get to a reasonable state, that still has glaring issues, is better than a game that just came out that also needs updates? I don't see either one being better than the other with that in mind, other than the fact that I just simply like how GT looks more. One big thing why I feel GT is better for me right now is simply because its a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back