Turn 10 to Address Forza Motorsport Fan Complaints Over Progression, Penalties, & AI

• Thread starter Famine
  • 69 comments
mef
Compared to Forza and other console racers. Do other console racers support 120hz output or high quality VR (2k per eye)? Also bear in mind GT7 has dynamic lighting, no baked shadows. Visual fidelity and FPS are linked, so it’s astonishing that GT7 can run at 120hz despite its fidelity.

Here’s an article about it
Ah I was thinking of their actual locked 60 FPS, something GT has missed that mark more often than not. I had actually forgot that existed, it was nice but the visual degradation just wasn't my cup of tea and 60FPS was just fine in my opinion as the benefits didn't outweigh the cons. Even then with that 120hz refresh rate, you'd still get frame drops coupled with the noted visual degradation. In that regard, the locked 60FPS that Forza has always provided seemed better in my opinion. I'll always prefer locked FPS over something just looking pretty, but it's great if both are achievable. Seems like every other game is falling short on one side of that spectrum.

However, again, it's all a very nice game to look at, but to actually race is where it becomes lackluster.

Last edited:
Anyone who’s actually build a car up irl knows tyre width is not the definitive factor to say if you can or can’t build up a car. You seem to forget that factors such as:
  • Upgraded gearbox and ratios
  • Differential type and it’s ratios
  • Upgraded Suspension, ARB’s
  • Addition of aero
  • Weight reduction
  • Power mods such as Turbos, exhaust, intakes etc.
  • many others
By your own logic it seems like you’ve never built a car theni

Ps you can’t put 245mm tyres on the rear of an e30 m3 to build a replica dtm car, so I guess FM doesn’t have tuning then
Tyrrewidth is THE key if we speak rwd-cars. Ever doubled or tripled the engines output? If you do not upgrade tyrwidth you`ll lose every race.

Yeah you can buy a lot of upgrade-parts in GT7 and do at least some adjusdtments to the suspension but it is still wery limited. Better in FM but they too are simplifying to much.

But, at least I can buy a powerful rwd-car and make it raceready just by picking the optimal tyrewidth. And no snappy oversteer here, cars are at least neat to how I know them.

Edit: About the e30; that`s just one of many cases where turn10 shows us they have no gearheads among them. Like upgrading the frontwheels on a 1st gen Mustang, stock is 195, first(!) upgrade is 245. 245`s on a 1st gen makes it impossible to turn

Last edited:
Tyrrewidth is THE key if we speak rwd-cars. Ever doubled or tripled the engines output? If you do not upgrade tyrwidth you`ll lose every race.

Yeah you can buy a lot of upgrade-parts in GT7 and do at least some adjusdtments to the suspension but it is still wery limited. Better in FM but they too are simplifying to much.

But, at least I can buy a powerful rwd-car and make it raceready just by picking the optimal tyrewidth. And no snappy oversteer here, cars are at least neat to how I know them.
Sounds like you just don’t know how to tune out snap oversteer on GT

When I find a games physics is so far from being realistic, I just leave it be.

Fm is not a full simulstor either, so if you want to go there ac, acc, ams2, is much better options for car physics, and we talking minor differences between gt7 and fm, and from the looks of it, its much more offen s preference than witch is better, i have heard both sides of the argument

Fm is not a full simulstor either, so if you want to go there ac, acc, ams2, is much better options for car physics, and we talking minor differences between gt7 and fm, and from the looks of it, its much more offen s preference than witch is better, i have heard both sides of the argument

From "what did you do.."
Did a tyregrip-test yesterday. Took a -71 Plymouth GTX and did what we do to them irl; 245-tyres in the front and 295`s in the rear. Adjusted tyrepressure, nothing else. Wasn`t expecting too much but to my surprice the car acted wery much like it should do, even if this one has a bit stiff suspension for such skiddy tyres.

Has done the same to several other musclecars and I am pleased with the result. When some cars do understeer my guess is that it has to do with the way too stiff suspensions many cars has got. Buy a racesuspension and it`s set wery stiff, both springs & swaybars.

- I did the same test in GT7 and sold my PS

Back