TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - ENDURO Racing Series - PRACTICE TONIGHT!

I think I ran 1:50.0xx practicing yesterday... might have been 1:51.0xx, but I'll add that it felt a little slow. I won't be surprised to see others driving 1:48s or better tonight.

8167899321_13aab0bcdd_o.jpg

7473352274_3f88fa4b4c_o.jpg

Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series​

Race 17: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Car: Ford GT '06
Laps: 24
Tires: Racing Mediums
Date: November 10, 2012
Prize: Level 24 Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports​
"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

Rules

You are expected to follow The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

Policies

It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. Furthermore, it is inappropriate to take advantage of other drivers doing their part to keep turn 1 incident free.

"Rubbin"

This is a non-contact sport. Let me put it another way, if you are "rubbin", you ain't racing in this league! We will not tolerate individual drivers taking the fun out of racing for everyone.

First Turn

You are not going to win the race on the 1st corner or the 1st lap. The first turn on this track is not as tight as some of the previous tracks. However, you must still hold your position through it. Other drivers may draft past you before the approach to the turn because the straight is so long. Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. In other words, if you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn you may. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. However, if a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in accidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry, so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass him on the low side.

Procedures

Racing begins at 10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific. Divisions 1 and 3 will race together in the TURTLE_Division3 lounge. Divisions 2 and A will race together in the TURTLE_DivisionA lounge. The final results of each division will be separate.

Connection Issues

Please follow the procedures below to help minimize connection issues.

Step 1: Reboot your modem/router before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 2: Reboot your PS3 before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby
Step 3: Clear your GT5 in game System Cache before entering the appropriate Turtle lobby

Pit Stops

Drivers need to be very careful entering the race track when exiting the pit. Please look at your map to see if other drivers are near the pit exit. Drivers exiting the pit need to stay in the pit exit lane until the track is clear of cars on the track. Cars on the track have the right of way.

Penalties

The corner cutting penalty system works very well on this track so we shouldn't have any issues with corner cutting.

Quitting

Drivers are expected to finish races no matter what position they are in. Rage quitting is frowned upon! :grumpy:

Microphones

Although you are welcome to use microphones during the race, they should only be used to communicate your proximity to other drivers in order to avoid an incident. Otherwise, either mute them or make sure any background noise in non-existent.

Reminders

Be sure to break in your car. If you did not get a chance to break it in, you should at least change the oil.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward.

Final Note

Race Clean and Have Fun!

would very much like to join this league. If possible for tonights race at monza. I have a lot of experience with GT5, and other games. I am a very gentlemanly driver and always stop and and wait if i spin another car arond, although that is rare as i always try to leave room for other cars.
PSN : TheMatt90. Not sure about the wheel colours or the number but the coour of the Ford GT is white.

would very much like to join this league. If possible for tonights race at monza. I have a lot of experience with GT5, and other games. I am a very gentlemanly driver and always stop and and wait if i spin another car arond, although that is rare as i always try to leave room for other cars.
PSN : TheMatt90. Not sure about the wheel colours or the number but the coour of the Ford GT is white.

oops sorry division 2 please

Hey ranmat, thank you for your interest in the Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series. Please refer to the drivers list and choose an unused color combination and car number and post it in this thread. Then we can send you the PSN Turtle FR's you will need. Welcome to the Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series! 👍

What kind of lap times are people getting?

I'm tempted to tell my best lap time during solo practice, but I don't really want to jinx my race tonight. I'll just say that I can run between 1 min 50 sec and 51 sec no problem with my tires in good condition. I was able to get a time in the high 1:40's today...

See you all tonight.

I'm tempted to tell my best lap time during solo practice, but I don't really want to jinx my race tonight. I'll just say that I can run between 1 min 50 sec and 51 sec no problem with my tires in good condition. I was able to get a time in the high 1:40's today...

See you all tonight.

Hey "Racing", you drove very well at practice. Just be consistent and you should have a good race! 👍

Thanks. I know I won't be the fastest, or the most experienced, but I'll give it my best!

No, no: you WILL be the fastest.... Congrats on the win! 👍

And to Nash for the almost-win! Don't worry, I saw you get bumped at the end there... :sly:

No, no: you WILL be the fastest.... Congrats on the win! 👍

And to Nash for the almost-win! Don't worry, I saw you get bumped at the end there... :sly:

I didn't think I would have a chance after my post-pit stop mishap, but man alive, after that thrilling four way battle for the lead, that was intense. I don't know what happened to the first and second place guys before I passed them, or even AFTER the pass, but that was fun. Has anyone ever won a race their first time out?

Oh yeah, THANK YOU! (^^)b

i would like to join
psn: Team_Kracker-7
Color-White car , black wheels ,, #07

Hey kracker, thank you for your interest in the Turtle Racing League - Enduro Racing Series. The color combination and car number you have chosen are already being used. Please refer to the drivers list and choose an unused color combination and car number and post it in this thread. Also be sure to read the OP and familiarize yourself with the policies, rules, and regulation of the series. Thanks, and welcome to the Turtle Racing League! 👍

Picture time!

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_0.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_9.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg