Turtle Racing League :: Friday Night Enduro Racing Series : Thanks for the Memories Turtles!!Full 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 709 comments
Thanks @Dylan for taking part in the entire 1st season. It was awesome to see you progress as a driver. After thinking about what you and @Whitetail said about the formats of racing I have to agree with both of you and i may look into editing the S2 Schedule a bit so it's a bit easier for all drivers.

My goal is to challenge all of you to become better racers but I know I may be pushing it a little too much in S2 and plan to work on the S2 Schedule a bit tomorrow.

Again thanks guys.

I'm not sure about future seasons for Turtle on GT6 with my racing schedule heating up along with work and college, I have very little to no time to work on the series. Season 2 will for sure be a full go.

I'm hoping for Season 2 we can just enjoy it and have a great time out there with gt6 dying and most of our lives about to get busy with summer coming up soon.

I'm in for whatever season 2 is. Not here for trophys just having some fun so i dont really care what we do.
Same for me . I just want to race cars..

Got a 30 min run in with the new combo this morning, it'll be big fun. Only issue was if I tried to keep it in the higher rpm range on corner exits ( especially in sector 2) there's a lot of oversteer. But easily fixed by short shifting on exits. And the understeer is not so bad with just some throttle lift..

And stay to the right at the jump and landing won't upset the car.

I will be running a limited schedule in season 2 consisting only of the 6 races during the Shifter Kart Race weekend.

After what was a breakout season for me with a pole, 3 overall wins, and a championship title, I have decided not to commit to another full season of racing in the Friday Night Enduro series for the time being.

The reason for this decision is because I am not willing to commit to the amount of practice that will be required.

It's one thing to practice with a single car that doesn't change over the course of a season. But with multiple cars, (and this season, multiple tracks) each week to have to get accustomed to in order to perform, it's just exhausting.

I want to thank everyone for the fantastic racing over the past weeks and I can't wait to see you guys on track again.

:cheers:

To be honest Dylan, season 1 is the first time we've ever kept track of points over a period of time like that. It was just to mix things up a bit for those who might be interested in a whole season perspective.
Most of us don't pay attention to the seasonal points and we just race on weekends when we want (and can).

The goal of this group is just to race whenever we can and have a good time. Don't worry about the seasonal stuff, just come out and race when you can and are in the mood for a fun night. And whichever events interest you.

That's what most of us do around here :-)

Congrats on a great season 1 though, you were awesome. I had a lot of fun battling with you.

So i'm confused about the gtr triple battle. Why are we forced to buy the same car in 3 liveries and use them all? Why not buy one base model and keep our paint schemes?

I also dislike this, there are 5-6 identical models with assorted liveries. Too much car congestion in my garage.

So i'm confused about the gtr triple battle. Why are we forced to buy the same car in 3 liveries and use them all? Why not buy one base model and keep our paint schemes?
Crap! Yeah Base Models guys. Crap

Editing schedule as I speak

@Whitey093 @AngryEater I Edited the Schedule and decided it will be Base Model Versions and you can choose 1 car for all 3 races or all 3 cars or 2 for 3. Totally up to you guys what car you would like to run

All 3 of those base model. Up to you drivers which base model you want to race
Just a warning, the GT500 class cars are not balanced perfectly. Expect the MR Honda to be one of the better ones. The stock Nissan GTR is just full of understeer. I highly advise the race to be retained to a single car.

4000 posts!

Just a warning, the GT500 class cars are not balanced perfectly. Expect the MR Honda to be one of the better ones. The stock Nissan GTR is just full of understeer. I highly advise the race to be retained to a single car.

4000 posts!
Its only the 3 cars BM

Its only the 3 cars BM
There is a single Nissan GTR base model. Not three; all of the liveried cars are derived from the same base model.

My post above was in response to you telling @Whitey093 that the Lexus and Honda GT500s were also going to used, albeit probably inadvertently.

I also dislike this, there are 5-6 identical models with assorted liveries. Too much car congestion in my garage.

Crap! Yeah Base Models guys. Crap

Editing schedule as I speak

@Whitey093 @AngryEater I Edited the Schedule and decided it will be Base Model Versions and you can choose 1 car for all 3 races or all 3 cars or 2 for 3. Totally up to you guys what car you would like to run

So GTR, Lexus SC and NSX base models or just GTR?

So I bought those three GT-R's FOR NOTHING THEN? And now we're doing three different base models? This is confusing...

Turtle Racing League : Announcement

I have received word from @Ph1sher on Skype that the upcoming race will follow the following format:

Race 1: Honda NSX GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes
Race 2: Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes
Race 3: Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes

Please make sure you have these three machines bought, oiled, and ready to go for the races on Friday night. Hopefully everyone will get this message and we will be ready to go racing for Season 2!

Sorry for the confusion.

Turtle Racing League : Announcement

I have received word from @Ph1sher on Skype that the upcoming race will follow the following format:

Race 1: Honda NSX GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes
Race 2: Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes
Race 3: Nissan GTR GT500 Base Model - RH/RM - 30 Minutes

Please make sure you have these three machines bought, oiled, and ready to go for the races on Friday night. Hopefully everyone will get this message and we will be ready to go racing for Season 2!

Sorry for the confusion.

Its a shame that the IMPOSSIBLE honda nsx has been prefered instead off the hsv

Thank you @Whitetail for updating the clarification for everyone while I was busy working.

We will have an open Practice session tomorrow night (Thursday Night) hope to see you all there to start off another fantastic season of Turtle Racing :)

I might join you guys a little later to see if it'd be worth racing tomorrow evening. I have to be up early to go see the mechanic and find out royally screwed my car is, though.

Back