[Tutorial] How to get ALL the DLC in GT5 (New Method) (Fastest and Easiest Ever!)

I'm still a little confused as to how this happened to you though.
You can look by going to the game data utility on the XMB and then pressing triangle and selecting information on GT5.
Hmmm, my first guess is it's something to do with the framework thing, but I don't know for sure.
This is true, I have used it before and it's very very zealous about certain programs. I'd try disabling it anyways just to see if you have any luck.
Could be.

I'll discuss this with the creator and see what he says. In the meantime, I can edit your save for you if you want me to.
im getting the same thing, all anti virus is disabled, latest version of the .net framework installed (4.8) and when i click on the apllication i says opening and just nothing happens?

Yeah me too, except that I can't even install 4.8 of NET Framework since I haven't got Windows 10. I wonder if the author of the Save Editor is interested in trying to make the program available for non Win10 users. Probably not.

On the other hand, I figured out how to keep Norton from interfering with installing the editor. When Norton blocks the install, there will be a pop up message saying so. I clicked on this message. I think there was an Options option, so I tried clicking on that. Eventually I found a way to tell Norton NOT to block the editor. So now the editor is on my computer without Norton's blocking it, but it just doesn't open (as marco above me says).

Yeah me too, except that I can't even install 4.8 of NET Framework since I haven't got Windows 10. I wonder if the author of the Save Editor is interested in trying to make the program available for non Win10 users. Probably not.

.NET 4.8 supports Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 and 10, it's not exclusive to Windows 10.

Oh snap, I have been forgetting to reply here.
im getting the same thing, all anti virus is disabled, latest version of the .net framework installed (4.8) and when i click on the apllication i says opening and just nothing happens?
Not really sure what to tell you. What version of Windows are you on?

.NET 4.8 supports Windows 7 SP1, 8.1 and 10, it's not exclusive to Windows 10.

It's not working for me on my home computer (8.1), I don't know what else to say. :( Not a huge problem, not the end of the world or anything.

Last edited:
Im on 1909, supposedly most up to date according to my pc, I have installed the most up to date version of the .NET framework, disabled all firewalls and such.

When I open the file for the first time after restarting my pc it come up with the windows protected your pc message, i click run anyway, the little blue loading icon spins for a few seconds and nothing happens, then if i try open it again it just spins for a few seconds and nothing, ive tried the previous versions aswell

Is there a way I could sendyou my game file and you could do it for me? All I really want is spa for my main account and then a fully hacked all cars account?

Sorry for the delay, been forgetting to reply here lately.
Im on 1909, supposedly most up to date according to my pc, I have installed the most up to date version of the .NET framework, disabled all firewalls and such.

When I open the file for the first time after restarting my pc it come up with the windows protected your pc message, i click run anyway, the little blue loading icon spins for a few seconds and nothing happens, then if i try open it again it just spins for a few seconds and nothing, ive tried the previous versions aswell
Not sure what to tell you. I have notified the creator, I'll see what he tells me when he answers.
Is there a way I could sendyou my game file and you could do it for me? All I really want is spa for my main account and then a fully hacked all cars account?
If you have your save game copied to a USB drive, you can just right click it, "Send to" and then click "Compressed (zipped) Folder" and upload it here.

Sorry for the delay, been forgetting to reply here lately.
Not sure what to tell you. I have notified the creator, I'll see what he tells me when he answers.
If you have your save game copied to a USB drive, you can just right click it, "Send to" and then click "Compressed (zipped) Folder" and upload it here.
Here is my current game file, could someone please do this for me, sorry it just wont work on mine, thanks in advanced

Could you duplicate the file and have:
-One file exactly the same with just the dlc tracks and dlc cars only
-Another file with just everything, max level, cash, dlc etc

THANKS!

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    616.4 KB · Views: 32
no I was going to use them on the same profile, just back them up and load on whichever one i want from the usb, do i need to use seperate profiles?
For what you're planning to do, no.

Anyways, here they are.

1 is this:
-One file exactly the same with just the dlc tracks and dlc cars only

2 is this:
-Another file with just everything, max level, cash, dlc etc
2 has tons of cash, secret menu turned on, max level and all the DLC installed.

For future reference, their is GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 that can do pretty much all the things you mentioned except the DLC and it generally has fewer issues running. I recommend checking that out for anything not DLC related. 👍

Attachments

• 1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 2.zip
    634.8 KB · Views: 34
than
For what you're planning to do, no.

Anyways, here they are.

1 is this:

2 is this:

2 has tons of cash, secret menu turned on, max level and all the DLC installed.

For future reference, their is GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 that can do pretty much all the things you mentioned except the DLC and it generally has fewer issues running. I recommend checking that out for anything not DLC related. 👍
thanks so much, ive tested the maxed out account but not the regular one yet, spa with the f2007 is sick and loving the ssrX with the speed test

Something about my main GT5 account prevents me from using this tutorial, it loads up until the game makes the backup data and starts a loop there (Saving data...), and I don't know why or what can be done to stop this besides deleting game data utility.

I created a new save data on another local account on my PS3, used this tutorial and it DID WORK THERE. I had the Speed Test in GT Life, JP X2010, track DLC, and the car packs in Car Delivery.

So, I used the garage editor 1.3.1 to change my main account "Course Available" and "Car Available" numbers to 0, since those relate to DLC and 0 is a save file with no DLC unlocked. Booted the game up, saw i had no access to track DLC or car DLC as expected. So I opened up v0.0.7.3 with this save file, but for some reason the save editor still says "Installation Complete" for DLC I have zero access to in game. I click "Install Again" on DLCs I know I don't have, Save, Eject my USB, copy my data over to the PS3. Boot the game, still a never ending loop of Saving data...

I really don't want to delete my Game Data Utility, but if no one has any other ideas I think I may have to us this last resort

Do you have the GT5Database.db in the same directory as the executable? And once you run the application, does it create error.log-file in that executable directory? If not, when you look at the task manager, does it show the app still running or does it crash?

So, I used the garage editor 1.3.1 to change my main account "Course Available" and "Car Available" numbers to 0, since those relate to DLC and 0 is a save file with no DLC unlocked.

Ymm, why did you do that? And the installation buttons don't affect the Course Available values. Only the persist DLC:s buttton does, so you need to untick and tick it again.

Boot the game, still a never ending loop of Saving data...

"Still a never ending loop of Saving data..." ymm, still? You didn't mention any looping before, just that you had no access to some DLC:s, so which one is it?

Last edited:
Ymm, why did you do that? And the installation buttons don't affect the Course Available values. Only the persist DLC:s buttton does, so you need to untick and tick it again.

"Still a never ending loop of Saving data..." ymm, still? You didn't mention any looping before, just that you had no access to some DLC:s, so which one is it?
I changed the course values because I was just guessing that me having the DLC prior (years ago) then changing the values to be able to use them on Practice/Arcade (again I made this value change years ago). I'll run my back-up and see what happens if I ONLY tick the box and just Save.[15 MINUTES LATER] Nope, still just goes into that Back-Up creation/Saving data... loop, EVEN if I just tick the "Persist DLC" box and then Save. :(

The looping only happened after I used this Save Editor (7.3). The only access to DLCs I had were some tracks that I could unlock by changing the Course Available value, I wanted the proper car packs, not just hex swapped base cars, and the speed test on GT Life from this editor. Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier

Do you have the GT5Database.db in the same directory as the executable? And once you run the application, does it create error.log-file in that executable directory? If not, when you look at the task manager, does it show the app still running or does it crash?
Yes i have GT5Database aswell, it runs in task manager for 5sec and then disapears so I assume it crashed

The looping only happened after I used this Save Editor (7.3). The only access to DLCs I had were some tracks that I could unlock by changing the Course Available value, I wanted the proper car packs, not just hex swapped base cars, and the speed test on GT Life from this editor. Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier

So the backup doesn't have a looping problem but it starts looping after using the editor? Can you send the before edit and after edit files? Can DM if you don't want to send them here.

Yes i have GT5Database aswell, it runs in task manager for 5sec and then disapears so I assume it crashed

Ok, what about the other question, does it create error.log-file?

So the backup doesn't have a looping problem but it starts looping after using the editor? Can you send the before edit and after edit files? Can DM if you don't want to send them here.

Yeah, how do I do that though? In ZIP or...?

Okay thanks Billy Idol. I watched all your videos in high school / 1980s, by the way. :lol: Kidding. Anyway, thanks. I'll see if I can disable Norton.

If not, I tried attaching my save to GTP but that didn't work so I added my email into the PM conversation..

Sorry I didnt reply back havent been online for a while... hahaha lol am a pretty big fan of Billy Idol... lots of good music but ye if you need any more help with anything on here just give me a pm and al defo get back to you

This looks interesting. Will this also mean that I have max level 40?
Well the editor does let you adjust your A-Spec and B-Spec level if you want to and their is another editor that can do this as well. That's beyond the scope of this thread though.

Last edited:
Well the editor does let you adjust your A-Spec and B-Spec level if you want to and their is another editor that can do this as well. That's beyond the scope of this thread though.

Yes, and I can confirm that the DLC packs all worked out. The Speed Test is now on the menu and I can buy all the DLC cars. The tracks are also available on practice mode just like you stated.

If Poliphony were smart they would've just made it so that by the end of the online services, the players would get the DLC for free. They would've still mantained a great amount of profit since it does take years for the online services to shut down (although in GT5 it was actually a short time, less than 4 years...). Don't they know that exists out there tons of players who still play the older games today? So anti-consumer man...

Anyway, I can finally do the challenges I wanted to (without wasting HUNDREDS of hours of boring grind). Only shame is that it's still not possible to get the Online trophies so no Platinum for me.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

There seems to exist a bug with the Red Bull X2010 JaPan Flag car when you pick it in your items. I was picking the DLC cars and as soon as I got to this one, the game crashed (black screen). I restarted the game and it appears I did get the car in my garage but... when I select it to see it's stats the car doesn't show (in the menu/window where you can change your car number/sell it, use it, etc). When I do select to use it and go to a track, as soon as I select and click to start a race or practice, the game, again, crashes with a black screen.

So far it seems to be the only bug. I advise to everyone else, if you don't mind having this special edition Red Bull, just dish it to avoid unnecessary problems. (or wait until the creator of this fixes it).

Also, for some reason, when I gained experience doing the red bull challenges, my level went from 40, back to what it was before (in my case, I was 26, but with the XP from the Challenge I went to 28).
I personally don't mind this since it allowed me to do these challenges, but it seems like there are also some issues with the levels. I'll try with B-Spec as well later with the 24h nurburgring race to see what happens.

I can assure you what you're experiencing is not any issue with the editor, rather it's the game itself. I can be reasonably certain you're on version 2.12 or beyond because everything you posted about is something that has been known to happen in these updates for quite some time now.

1. For instance, the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color was removed after 2.12 and attempting to use it will cause everything you just posted about to happen. (Though, I must confess, I did not know that it froze upon receiving the car) Hence why I said this mid way through the tutorial:
Red Bull Charity C gives the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color, which was removed after 2.12, so you will not be able to use it if you’re on 2.12 and above. (the function does work though)
However, if you downgrade back to 2.11 or below, the car will work then without any issues.
2. Regarding the XP issue, I have seen some posts saying roughly the same thing you said. I am not 100% certain, but I think after 2.12, they did something to make it where your XP will more or less go back to what it was before editing it in the save editor. Which means what you're experiencing is probably normal if you're on 2.12 and beyond like I think you are. You probably won't have this happen on 2.11 or below.

Though it's worth noting GT5 isn't entirely flawless either because I made it to level 40 for both a-spec and b-spec legitimately without save editing, in fact I think I did it before save editing was even a thing in GT5, and despite not being on 2.12 and beyond, I still had my XP go as far back as level 30 after a race even though I had never edited it and was on 2.11, the update before the XP revert was added.

So point is, none of this is the editors fault, rather it's the game itself. I have to ask, what update are you on anyways?

Last edited:
I am on the latest update, so yes, I am at 2.12 or more.

And I can confirm after doing the 24hr Nurburgring race that after I received the XP (about 4 million), my B-Spec level decreased to 32, it was at 25 before I used the save editor, so yeah, it reverted back and the new XP I gained was put on top of the level I was at before (25).

But for me personally, this isn't a problem. Since I can now do the Red Bull challenge anyway without spending so many hours grinding on the same boring races to get to level 30.

I've done it all in the past, back when the game was released, I bought day 1 and after about a year I had platinum, but I lost the account and I also want to record with my new capture card, my feat of achieving gold in what's considered by most, the hardest Gran Turismo challenges in the history of the game (the Red Bull X challenges GT5 ver.).
Grinding to level 40, A-spec was one of the most painfully boring grinding experiences ever. Level 40 B-Spec you could just replay several endurance races without even lifting a finger, but on A-Spec it was just plain boring. By the time I have nearly 100% game completion and I'm not level 40 A-Spec, which means I can't do the 24 hr Nurburgring A-spec race, I'll just use the save editor for that and do the race and end it like that.

Also, another few bugs I had were that a few cars in my garage were not displaying the icon (the car icon profile pic) but I could select them, see them on display when choosing them and use them in practice or races. But still, I decided to remove them and buy them again (they were fortunately only cheap cars) and now their icon appears and all is normal.

Last edited:
Also, another few bugs I had were that a few cars in my garage were not displaying the icon (the car icon profile pic) but I could select them, see them on display when choosing them and use them in practice or races. But still, I decided to remove them and buy them again (they were fortunately only cheap cars) and now their icon appears and all is normal.
That's not any fault of the editor either, this is also the game being weird. Not sure what caused it for you, but sometimes the thumbnails for the cars will not show. Fortunately, the devs seemed to be aware of this flaw happening in the game, so they added a feature to create a new thumbnail for cars if needed. This can be done by pressing triangle with the car in question and then selecting "Create Thumbnail" and once you do that, in a few seconds it will be done.

I should note you may not see it right away after creating it, but just scrolling until the car is off screen and then scrolling back up will make it show then. ;)

Last edited:
Back