[Tutorial] How to get ALL the DLC in GT5 (New Method) (Fastest and Easiest Ever!)

Hey, thank you for the tutorial!
You're welcome! :)
Just a quick question since I'm doubting Garage Editors (have lost my savegame once nearly), can I add Car Tickets safely into the game without destroying my save? And can I add credits safely as well?
Yea you can do all those things without issue. I have done it myself. I have no idea what is going on with the user who posted here recently though, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I'm just really paranoid about this. I backed up my save but I'm still a bit scared to try and add cars/credits. . .
I understand. Save game corruptions can happen with pretty much any save editor, but as long as you keep a backup of your save game before doing this, you'll be fine. ;)

What GT5 update are you on anyways?

Last edited:
You're welcome! :)
Yea you can do all those things without issue. I have done it myself. I have no idea what is going on with the user who posted here recently though, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I understand. Save game corruptions can happen with pretty much any save editor, but as long as you keep a backup of your save game before doing this, you'll be fine. ;)

What GT5 update are you on anyways?
I'm on the newest update. I don't know the exact version. But the newest one definetly.

2.17 then, that's the latest. I can't recall if I tested added credits on this update since I stay on 2.11, but it should update them.

If you have any problems using the editor that aren't DLC related, do talk about them here. 👍

Last edited:
I finaly got it to work. Just one question though. Can i add just one car? For example only an abt audi tt-r touring car 02.

Edit: figured it out. Nice work on this editor!

Last edited:
So I’ve installed the dlcs, however when I go into my garage at the bottom it says “the 2014 corvette stingray final prototype downloadable content is not installed please reinstall it” and it says that for every car. What can I do? Thanks

So I’ve installed the dlcs, however when I go into my garage at the bottom it says “the 2014 corvette stingray final prototype downloadable content is not installed please reinstall it” and it says that for every car. What can I do? Thanks
Did you click “Persist DLC’s without license files (vou)"?

Don’t know about making them look like Stigs, but I am pretty sure the racing gear pack is in there if you want to get it.
The Racing Gear Pack comes with variants of the Stig outfit, presumably with different colour variations. The Save Editor does not enable the content, and in the app itself it says that it doesn't work yet.

The Racing Gear Pack comes with variants of the Stig outfit, presumably with different colour variations. The Save Editor does not enable the content, and in the app itself it says that it doesn't work yet.
Do you mean "Special Racing Gear"? The "Racing Gear Pack" can be installed:
1633364682957.png

Ah, I see. The Racing Gear Pack then has installed, as I have all of those outfits. But still no Stig...
I don't know much about the racing gear pack because I never paid much attention to it, but it's possible it may not even be in the pack at all. If I am wrong though, you could try unchecking the pack, saving, and then enabling it again. It's possible you may have to copy your save back to your console after saving before you can reenable them, but I could be wrong.

Thank you for the easy to understand tutorial! Everything worked with no problem!
I just bought GT5 Academy but codes were already expired so I was kinda bummed out about it. I was very lucky to find it sealed and it was only 6 usd so I was really excited to see all the dlcs. Glad that I didn't call it a day after realizing ps removed every gt5 dlc from their store. Thank you so much my man!

I don't know much about the racing gear pack because I never paid much attention to it, but it's possible it may not even be in the pack at all. If I am wrong though, you could try unchecking the pack, saving, and then enabling it again. It's possible you may have to copy your save back to your console after saving before you can reenable them, but I could be wrong.
Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been on for ages but yes I am pretty sure tbh all the correct gear items are present in XFileFins save editor as when I start a new game using only this save editor it adds like 90 items plus the 10 unique gears which make the hundred... it defintely adds items is what am saying lol in my usual convoluted way.hahaha

I found someone selling a sealed copy of GT5 XL Edition, but I don't want to open it to find out that the code no longer works.

Does someone know the expiry date of these things?

I found someone selling a sealed copy of GT5 XL Edition, but I don't want to open it to find out that the code no longer works.

Does someone know the expiry date of these things?
I don’t know what the expiry dates are, but I can be reasonably certain they’re expired by now. I doubt anything that old could still be valid now.

I don’t know what the expiry dates are, but I can be reasonably certain they’re expired by now. I doubt anything that old could still be valid now.
Oh, what a bummer.

The most complete edition of that game would be the "Academy Edition" (EU only), but here in Brazil there are only three copies I found to buy. GT Sport is ways better, but I did everything on that game so I'm going backwards to enjoy the old ones before GT7 is out.

Oh, what a bummer.

The most complete edition of that game would be the "Academy Edition" (EU only), but here in Brazil there are only three copies I found to buy. GT Sport is ways better, but I did everything on that game so I'm going backwards to enjoy the old ones before GT7 is out.
It's better to just get a normal copy and use the save tools in this thread to unlock the DLC.

Ever wanted the DLC in GT5, but can’t get it due to it being pulled from PSN or maybe you had it once and lost it and have been unable to get it back again? Well, look no further than this tutorial, literally. Thanks to some recent discoveries, it is now possible to get them just by editing your save game. No need to install them into the game data, no need to connect to PSN, and best of all, what you get is the actual DLC cars and not some fake part swap that you’ll most likely lose if you update beyond 2.12. This even includes cars like the XJ13 and Edge Camaro that were only available in certain countries! :eek: That said, this can also be done on the latest update without issue. (good luck finding another tutorial like that)

I’ve been playing GT5 for nearly a decade now and I can honestly say this is the fastest, easiest and best method of getting the DLC I have ever seen. I could not find a better way if I tried. (no joke) With this tutorial, you can get everything from DLC cars, tracks, paints, and gear with ease! Before I begin, I need to address the big elephant in the room here because I feel like this needs to be said:
With all the tutorials on the internet already, why follow this one?
Over the years, I have seen a lot of tutorials on the internet telling you how to get the DLC cars via save editing. Most of which telling you to add a donor car and then swap its parts to what the DLC cars use, this being the most recent one I have seen. Honestly, don’t follow these types of tutorials. I have a lot of problems with them and here’s a list of good reasons why I discourage following them. I’ll use this thread as a point of comparison:
1. They’re not the “real deal”. While they may look and perform as they should, when you change the view in your garage and look at the white text box, you’ll notice it will still display the name of whatever donor car you used. For example, I followed the tutorial I linked above and used the Shelby Cobra as a donor car and then swapped its parts for what the Chromeline used like it said and this is what it says when I change the view in the garage:
View attachment 947782
As you can see, it still displays the name of my donor car (Cobra 427 ‘66), even though I swapped all of its parts, and is therefore not what it should be. Whereas if it was, it would have the car's real name (Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line) and it’d be asking you to reinstall it. Internally, the game still knows you used a donor car for this. This is what I mean by it not being the “real deal”, it’s literally just a series of part swaps and nothing more, you could say it’s “fake”. And no the name changer in GE 1.3.1 will NOT fix what is in the white text box. The name changer alters the car's name elsewhere and not what you see here, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. You’ll most likely lose them if you go to update 2.12 and beyond. Since the game still displays the name of whatever donor car you used and internally still recognizes it as that donor car, it knows you swapped parts to get it. If you update beyond 2.12 and then view the car in the garage, theirs a chance you will lose that car. I say “most likely” because I have had some instances where I didn't lose them, but it’s hit or miss as to how it occurs.
3. You cannot do this on updates 2.12 and beyond. Due to the nature of how updates 2.12 and beyond will reset whatever cars you do part swaps to, you can’t really follow tutorials like the one I linked above as a result. This can be a problem if you updated beyond 2.12, want the DLC, but don’t want to delete your game data since you have stuff you don’t want to lose.
4. They’re kind of time-consuming. Having to add a car ticket, go into the game and redeem it and then load your save game again into a save editor again to swap parts and such can be a little time-consuming depending on how many cars you add.

Note: When I say all this, I am referring to DLC cars and not tracks, paints, or gear-related DLC. I don’t really know what to say about those because I haven’t seen much about them via save editing. I think a method to get some of the tracks exists already, but I don’t know much about it.
So with all these reasons, I have listed not to follow these part swap guides that have been around for years, why should you follow the one I have here? Simply put, you won’t have any of the issues I mentioned above. This tutorial is way easier, way less time-consuming, the cars you get are actually the real deal, you won’t lose them on 2.12 and beyond and you can even get them on the latest update. And that means all the DLC, cars, tracks, paints, gear, everything that was available before can be obtained here and it’ll be as if you actually own it, but with even less inconveniences.

To be fair though, I understand why these part swap guides exist because, for a long time, that was about as much as you could do with save editing. However, it's a flawed and outdated strategy no longer worth following. Since the relevant area to activate the DLC has been found in the save data, unless you can't run this new save editor, theirs absolutely no reason to follow these old guides anymore.
With that out of the way, here’s what you need to get started.

What you’ll need
PS3
GT5 2.11 or above.
(I highly recommend 2.11) (It may work below 2.11, but I have not tested this)
USB flash drive (one in FAT32 format is preferred since the PS3 supports it, most flash drives are FAT32. As long as the PS3 can read it, you should be fine)
GT5 save game with at least one car in the garage (Not the backup save, but the other)
GT5 Save Editor v0.0.7.3

Once you got what you need, let’s get started! While this tutorial is long, my goal with this thread is to help you get all the DLC’s you want and to break it down enough so even those who have never done this sort of thing can do it. It’s really and truly not hard though. I have tested this method on both 2.11 and 2.17 prior to posting this and it works just fine.

For starters, I’d feel better if I showed you how to get the editor just to avoid any potential confusion.
1. Click the hyperlink for the editor I posted above.
View attachment 947792
2. Once it’s up, click “Download as ZIP”.
View attachment 947787
You should see it do it’s thing here.
View attachment 947780
3. Once it’s finished, it will ask you where you want to save it. Just pick where you want it to go, I will be using my desktop.
View attachment 947785
4. Extract the zip file.
View attachment 947788
View attachment 947781
If you done everything right, you should have the editor now. Theirs older versions of the editor within the link, but v0.0.7.3 is what we're using here.
Now here’s where we begin!

1. Plug your USB flash drive into your PS3, go to save data and copy your save game to it. There are two save games, one is the regular save, the other is the backup. We only need the regular one, you can’t copy the back up anyways.

2. Plug your USB flash drive into your computer.

3. Open the save editor you downloaded earlier. You might get this message if you’re on Windows 10:
View attachment 947789
Just click “More info” and then “Run Anyway”. Don’t worry, this program is not malicious or dangerous.

Note: If you can’t get it to open, download the latest version of .Net Framework and it should work then. If that don’t work, you may have to disable your virus protection. (I haven’t had to do this though)

4. Once the save editor is up, click “File” and “Open”
View attachment 947784

5. Now navigate to your USB drive and find your save game. It’s a folder labeled “PS3” and then inside that folder their is another called “savedata” and finally inside the save data folder, theirs your save. Mine is in a folder labeled “BCUS98114-GAME”, but yours might be named differently if you live outside the US. Once you found it, click on it and then click “Select Folder”.

Hint: I recommend copying and pasting your save game somewhere on your computer before opening it in the garage editor, that way if something goes wrong, you have a backup.

6. Once your save has loaded, click the DLC tab.
View attachment 947779
In there, click on “Persist DLC’s without license files (vou). This function tricks the game into think you have the DLC installed and allows you to use it simply by editing your save game.

7. Pick your DLC! Just click on whichever DLC on the list you want and it will come up with this:
View attachment 947783
Just click install and it will give you a message saying it has been installed. Now you don’t have to pick what I chose here, it can be one of them, it can be all of them, you can pick any DLC’s you want here really, the choice is yours. I should note the Stealth cars, Chromelines, and that Edge Camaro are not in the DLC tab, but you can find them in the tickets tab though and they will work just fine if you followed step 6.

Note: The “Special Racing Gear” pack is currently disabled, but it may be available in a future update. Red Bull Charity C gives the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color, which was removed after 2.12, so you will not be able to use it if you’re on 2.12 and above. (the function does work though)

8. Once you picked the DLC you want, click “File” and then “Save”.
View attachment 947786

9. Eject your USB drive.

10. Plug your USB drive back into the PS3 and copy your save data back to your PS3.

And if you did everything here, the following things should happen:
1. If you installed DLC cars, they will be waiting there in “Car Delivery”
2. If you installed DLC tracks, they should show up in “Practice” and Arcade Mode. With the Speed Test DLC, you should see that option show up on the menu in GT Mode.
3. If you installed paint and gear related DLC, it should all be in your “Items” section.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions or concerns let me know! Be sure to read the FAQ's! I must note this tool is a work in progress, so let me know if you have any issues with the program and I'll tell the creator. This program works for me though.

If you have any issues following these steps, please provide the following so I can help you sort it out:
1. Error text. This is generated by the editor itself in the directory you have the editor in and whatever information is on it can be useful to understanding the issue.
2. What GT5 update are you on? This is very important because the editor is designed to work on certain updates and some issues can be easily rectified when I know what you're on.
3. Have you tried running the program as administrator?
4. Are you on the latest .NET Framework? This program relies on this sort of thing to run.

I may have more questions if none of these help, but if all else fails, you can attach your save here and I can look into it.

Note: If you're having issues with the editor that aren't related to obtaining the DLC, please post them here and not in this thread.
Can this be done on the latest update?
Answer: Yes it can, I tested it myself.

Do I need to be connected to PSN?
Answer: Nope! Everything is done via save editing, PSN is not required!

Will I lose the DLC’s if I update to 2.12 and beyond?
Answer: Nope! I have tested this myself and you will not lose it as long as you followed step 6.

Do I need the Family Upgrade?
Answer: No, you don't need the Family Upgrade. Tested it myself without it installed and it works just fine! 👍

Does this install them into the gamedata?
Answer: No. What this tutorial does is it edits the save game and tricks the game into thinking you do have it installed there, even if you don't. So that way you can add them via save editing without having to install them to the gamedata like you would normally do.

Why do I need to have at least one car in my save game?
Answer: Theirs a database in the save game that the tool reads and it needs to have at least one car in there or else the editor will not be able to load it.
Credits to xfileFIN and all the people over at the Discord chat for making this possible! 👍

If I try and download the save file google tells me that the file can harm my computer

Work perfectly thank you so much...
You're welcome! :) Glad it worked for you!
any idea hot to get the Formula Gran turismo car?
The program allows you to add tickets for cars like that one to your save game so you can redeem them in-game, so yes you can do that. However, since it's not related to obtaining the game's DLC, I recommend posting about it here if you have any further questions about it. ;)

Thank you so much for this guide!

It just so happen that my game is on version 2.11 since I last played 10 or so years ago because I was messing with hybrids.

Ever wanted the DLC in GT5, but can’t get it due to it being pulled from PSN or maybe you had it once and lost it and have been unable to get it back again? Well, look no further than this tutorial, literally. Thanks to some recent discoveries, it is now possible to get them just by editing your save game. No need to install them into the game data, no need to connect to PSN, and best of all, what you get is the actual DLC cars and not some fake part swap that you’ll most likely lose if you update beyond 2.12. This even includes cars like the XJ13 and Edge Camaro that were only available in certain countries! :eek: That said, this can also be done on the latest update without issue. (good luck finding another tutorial like that)

I’ve been playing GT5 for nearly a decade now and I can honestly say this is the fastest, easiest and best method of getting the DLC I have ever seen. I could not find a better way if I tried. (no joke) With this tutorial, you can get everything from DLC cars, tracks, paints, and gear with ease! Before I begin, I need to address the big elephant in the room here because I feel like this needs to be said:
With all the tutorials on the internet already, why follow this one?
Over the years, I have seen a lot of tutorials on the internet telling you how to get the DLC cars via save editing. Most of which telling you to add a donor car and then swap its parts to what the DLC cars use, this being the most recent one I have seen. Honestly, don’t follow these types of tutorials. I have a lot of problems with them and here’s a list of good reasons why I discourage following them. I’ll use this thread as a point of comparison:
1. They’re not the “real deal”. While they may look and perform as they should, when you change the view in your garage and look at the white text box, you’ll notice it will still display the name of whatever donor car you used. For example, I followed the tutorial I linked above and used the Shelby Cobra as a donor car and then swapped its parts for what the Chromeline used like it said and this is what it says when I change the view in the garage:
View attachment 947782
As you can see, it still displays the name of my donor car (Cobra 427 ‘66), even though I swapped all of its parts, and is therefore not what it should be. Whereas if it was, it would have the car's real name (Cobra 427 S/C Chrome Line) and it’d be asking you to reinstall it. Internally, the game still knows you used a donor car for this. This is what I mean by it not being the “real deal”, it’s literally just a series of part swaps and nothing more, you could say it’s “fake”. And no the name changer in GE 1.3.1 will NOT fix what is in the white text box. The name changer alters the car's name elsewhere and not what you see here, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. You’ll most likely lose them if you go to update 2.12 and beyond. Since the game still displays the name of whatever donor car you used and internally still recognizes it as that donor car, it knows you swapped parts to get it. If you update beyond 2.12 and then view the car in the garage, theirs a chance you will lose that car. I say “most likely” because I have had some instances where I didn't lose them, but it’s hit or miss as to how it occurs.
3. You cannot do this on updates 2.12 and beyond. Due to the nature of how updates 2.12 and beyond will reset whatever cars you do part swaps to, you can’t really follow tutorials like the one I linked above as a result. This can be a problem if you updated beyond 2.12, want the DLC, but don’t want to delete your game data since you have stuff you don’t want to lose.
4. They’re kind of time-consuming. Having to add a car ticket, go into the game and redeem it and then load your save game again into a save editor again to swap parts and such can be a little time-consuming depending on how many cars you add.

Note: When I say all this, I am referring to DLC cars and not tracks, paints, or gear-related DLC. I don’t really know what to say about those because I haven’t seen much about them via save editing. I think a method to get some of the tracks exists already, but I don’t know much about it.
So with all these reasons, I have listed not to follow these part swap guides that have been around for years, why should you follow the one I have here? Simply put, you won’t have any of the issues I mentioned above. This tutorial is way easier, way less time-consuming, the cars you get are actually the real deal, you won’t lose them on 2.12 and beyond and you can even get them on the latest update. And that means all the DLC, cars, tracks, paints, gear, everything that was available before can be obtained here and it’ll be as if you actually own it, but with even less inconveniences.

To be fair though, I understand why these part swap guides exist because, for a long time, that was about as much as you could do with save editing. However, it's a flawed and outdated strategy no longer worth following. Since the relevant area to activate the DLC has been found in the save data, unless you can't run this new save editor, theirs absolutely no reason to follow these old guides anymore.
With that out of the way, here’s what you need to get started.

What you’ll need
PS3
GT5 2.11 or above.
(I highly recommend 2.11) (It may work below 2.11, but I have not tested this)
USB flash drive (one in FAT32 format is preferred since the PS3 supports it, most flash drives are FAT32. As long as the PS3 can read it, you should be fine)
GT5 save game with at least one car in the garage (Not the backup save, but the other)
GT5 Save Editor v0.0.7.3

Once you got what you need, let’s get started! While this tutorial is long, my goal with this thread is to help you get all the DLC’s you want and to break it down enough so even those who have never done this sort of thing can do it. It’s really and truly not hard though. I have tested this method on both 2.11 and 2.17 prior to posting this and it works just fine.

For starters, I’d feel better if I showed you how to get the editor just to avoid any potential confusion.
1. Click the hyperlink for the editor I posted above.
View attachment 947792
2. Once it’s up, click “Download as ZIP”.
View attachment 947787
You should see it do it’s thing here.
View attachment 947780
3. Once it’s finished, it will ask you where you want to save it. Just pick where you want it to go, I will be using my desktop.
View attachment 947785
4. Extract the zip file.
View attachment 947788
View attachment 947781
If you done everything right, you should have the editor now. Theirs older versions of the editor within the link, but v0.0.7.3 is what we're using here.
Now here’s where we begin!

1. Plug your USB flash drive into your PS3, go to save data and copy your save game to it. There are two save games, one is the regular save, the other is the backup. We only need the regular one, you can’t copy the back up anyways.

2. Plug your USB flash drive into your computer.

3. Open the save editor you downloaded earlier. You might get this message if you’re on Windows 10:
View attachment 947789
Just click “More info” and then “Run Anyway”. Don’t worry, this program is not malicious or dangerous.

Note: If you can’t get it to open, download the latest version of .Net Framework and it should work then. If that don’t work, you may have to disable your virus protection. (I haven’t had to do this though)

4. Once the save editor is up, click “File” and “Open”
View attachment 947784

5. Now navigate to your USB drive and find your save game. It’s a folder labeled “PS3” and then inside that folder their is another called “savedata” and finally inside the save data folder, theirs your save. Mine is in a folder labeled “BCUS98114-GAME”, but yours might be named differently if you live outside the US. Once you found it, click on it and then click “Select Folder”.

Hint: I recommend copying and pasting your save game somewhere on your computer before opening it in the garage editor, that way if something goes wrong, you have a backup.

6. Once your save has loaded, click the DLC tab.
View attachment 947779
In there, click on “Persist DLC’s without license files (vou). This function tricks the game into think you have the DLC installed and allows you to use it simply by editing your save game.

7. Pick your DLC! Just click on whichever DLC on the list you want and it will come up with this:
View attachment 947783
Just click install and it will give you a message saying it has been installed. Now you don’t have to pick what I chose here, it can be one of them, it can be all of them, you can pick any DLC’s you want here really, the choice is yours. I should note the Stealth cars, Chromelines, and that Edge Camaro are not in the DLC tab, but you can find them in the tickets tab though and they will work just fine if you followed step 6.

Note: The “Special Racing Gear” pack is currently disabled, but it may be available in a future update. Red Bull Charity C gives the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color, which was removed after 2.12, so you will not be able to use it if you’re on 2.12 and above. (the function does work though)

8. Once you picked the DLC you want, click “File” and then “Save”.
View attachment 947786

9. Eject your USB drive.

10. Plug your USB drive back into the PS3 and copy your save data back to your PS3.

And if you did everything here, the following things should happen:
1. If you installed DLC cars, they will be waiting there in “Car Delivery”
2. If you installed DLC tracks, they should show up in “Practice” and Arcade Mode. With the Speed Test DLC, you should see that option show up on the menu in GT Mode.
3. If you installed paint and gear related DLC, it should all be in your “Items” section.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions or concerns let me know! Be sure to read the FAQ's! I must note this tool is a work in progress, so let me know if you have any issues with the program and I'll tell the creator. This program works for me though.

If you have any issues following these steps, please provide the following so I can help you sort it out:
1. Error text. This is generated by the editor itself in the directory you have the editor in and whatever information is on it can be useful to understanding the issue.
2. What GT5 update are you on? This is very important because the editor is designed to work on certain updates and some issues can be easily rectified when I know what you're on.
3. Have you tried running the program as administrator?
4. Are you on the latest .NET Framework? This program relies on this sort of thing to run.

I may have more questions if none of these help, but if all else fails, you can attach your save here and I can look into it.

Note: If you're having issues with the editor that aren't related to obtaining the DLC, please post them here and not in this thread.
Can this be done on the latest update?
Answer: Yes it can, I tested it myself.

Do I need to be connected to PSN?
Answer: Nope! Everything is done via save editing, PSN is not required!

Will I lose the DLC’s if I update to 2.12 and beyond?
Answer: Nope! I have tested this myself and you will not lose it as long as you followed step 6.

Do I need the Family Upgrade?
Answer: No, you don't need the Family Upgrade. Tested it myself without it installed and it works just fine! 👍

Does this install them into the gamedata?
Answer: No. What this tutorial does is it edits the save game and tricks the game into thinking you do have it installed there, even if you don't. So that way you can add them via save editing without having to install them to the gamedata like you would normally do.

Why do I need to have at least one car in my save game?
Answer: Theirs a database in the save game that the tool reads and it needs to have at least one car in there or else the editor will not be able to load it.
Credits to xfileFIN and all the people over at the Discord chat for making this possible! 👍
I've done everything as described perfectly, and when I check the flash drive on the computer before ejecting it the saved DLC data is present however my PS3 indicates no data to save-"There are no titles that can be copied". As far as my PS3 is concerned the USB is blank. GT5 version 2.17, 60Gb PS3, software 4.88 help!

Back