[Tutorial] How to get ALL the DLC in GT5 (New Method) (Fastest and Easiest Ever!)

Fellow Gentlemen

Im a 50 years old gamer that JUST downloaded GT 5 XL edition last night
now im dowloading/installing the 27 files for the updates (i didnt had time to check but it is 2.17 ?)

My main question is :

what DLC are NOT included in the XL edition that i should find/install by myself exactly ?

from what i can understand my XL is a US release
and i need to download theses additional DLC :

--Gran Turismo 5 - Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model [US DLC]
--Gran Turismo 5 - NISSAN GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 [US DLC]
--Gran Turismo 5 - Speed Test Pack [the only one i found is marked EUROPE]

Did you know for 100% sure that theses are or are NOT included in the XL edition ?
What else im missing ?

EDIT : Did i make a good thing to install the full/latest patch available on the PSN ?!

Last edited:
what DLC are NOT included in the XL edition that i should find/install by myself exactly ?
If I remember right, the XL Edition comes with a voucher for the DLC, which should be expired by now and is no longer usable.
Did i make a good thing to install the full/latest patch available on the PSN ?!
Well, 2.11 is the update I would recommend being on, but this tutorial can be done on the latest update if you really want to do that. You just won't be able to get the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color from the Red Bull Charity C DLC.

If I remember right, the XL Edition comes with a voucher for the DLC, which should be expired by now and is no longer usable.

Well, 2.11 is the update I would recommend being on, but this tutorial can be done on the latest update if you really want to do that. You just won't be able to get the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color from the Red Bull Charity C DLC.
Hi Sonygamer455,
(1) well I was assuming that a LOTS of the DLC was included on the XL disc itself ...i remember having read this somewhere but again im not 100% certain , it is why i asked the question on this forum

(2) I already installed 2.17 update , please did you know if theses update are all for the multiplayer section (online) ?
or it really correct somes issues on the solo campaign as well ?

(3) You just won't be able to get the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color from the Red Bull Charity C DLC.
why specifically ?

Hi Sonygamer455,
(1) well I was assuming that a LOTS of the DLC was included on the XL disc itself ...i remember having read this somewhere but again im not 100% certain , it is why i asked the question on this forum

(2) I already installed 2.17 update , please did you know if theses update are all for the multiplayer section (online) ?

(3) You just won't be able to get the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color from the Red Bull Charity C DLC.
why specifically ?
The JP Flag Colour car was removed from the game for unknown reasons, but other rare cars such as the Nissan GT-R GT Academy Special or Red Bull 5G weren't. In the save editor you'll be given the option to add all DLC to your game (or maybe all bar one, I'm not sure) so even if it is included on the disc it'll be added anyway.

You can no longer buy DLC on the PlayStation Store. The only way to get them now is with the save editor, and they are considered abandonware.

(Now if only we could have an editor that added all the DLC for Driveclub).

Last edited:
I understand. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the DLC is on disc, but luckily this tutorial will help with that.
Updates 2.12 and onward exist mostly for preventing certain save game edits and removing unused content. While they won't prevent you from following this tutorial, 2.12 and later don't really add anything worthwhile, if anything it mostly takes away from it.
why specifically ?
I already covered this in the OP:
Warning: The Red Bull Charity C gives the Red Bull X2010 JP Flag Color, which was removed after 2.12, so you will not be able to use it if you’re on 2.12 and above. (the function does work though)

Last edited:
I understand. Unfortunately, I don't think any of the DLC is on disc, but luckily this tutorial will help with that.

Updates 2.12 and onward exist mostly for preventing certain save game edits and removing unused content. While they won't prevent you from following this tutorial, 2.12 and later don't really add anything worthwhile, if anything it mostly takes away from it.

I already covered this in the OP:

Thanks for all the explanation
I used the garage edition and been able upgrade level 40 A+B specs & buy a lots of expensive car
but for now my MAIN priority is :

IT is possible to get this car in DLC pkg or via Editor (because I dont find it either options i mentionned)
EDIT : I dowloaded/use the GT5 Garage Editor v1.3.1

Red Bull X2011 Prototype '11

https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Bull_X2011_Prototype_'11

Last edited:
I used the garage edition and been able upgrade level 40 A+B specs & buy a lots of expensive car

IT is possible to get this car in DLC pkg or via Editor (because I dont find it either options i mentionned)

This program is better, here you can get everything that is in the game. You just need to figure out personally how it works and add the necessary machines. The Garage Editor is unstable and there is no add DLC function.

Yes. It is included in the Racing Car Pack DLC and a gift car ticket will be given when you've installed it in the save editor.

Sonygamer455

Is there a future feature planned to get all the gold medals for the License mode and the corresponding machines in the save file?
The garage editor definitely could do this.

I am not too sure what you’re asking here, but this editor does not provide the PKG files for the DLC. With this tutorial, you don’t even need the PKG files for the DLC because the persist feature bypasses the need to use them.
That’s not the editor recommended for this tutorial. The one you need is in the OP.
The Garage Editor is unstable and there is no add DLC function.
GE 1.3.1 is a good editor, but it was not designed to be used as a means of obtaining DLC and it hasn’t been updated in almost 10 years and likely never will.

And I know this because I’ve talked to q-k, one of the creators of that tool, and he has told me this before. He even told me that not even he cares to use his own editor anymore.

Sonygamer455

Is there a future feature planned to get all the gold medals for the License mode and the corresponding machines in the save file?
It’s planned to be in the editor someday, but no idea when though. Worth noting GE 1.3.1 has the ability to do this, but I don’t know if it rewards you with the cars. That’s outside the scope of this thread though.

Last edited:

Sonygamer455

Okay, we'll wait...I need to "save file" the beginning of the game, an open DLC but without cars in the garage, an A86 car and the entire license in gold with prize cars in tickets to start the game without any flaws and, as the creators intended, raise my career and money so that it would be interesting. At the same time, it's a great program, I got all the DLC, added all the cars that you can't get without online and play for fun. Thank you for the information provided.

Sonygamer455

Okay, we'll wait...I need to "save file" the beginning of the game, an open DLC but without cars in the garage, an A86 car and the entire license in gold with prize cars in tickets to start the game without any flaws and, as the creators intended, raise my career and money so that it would be interesting. At the same time, it's a great program, I got all the DLC, added all the cars that you can't get without online and play for fun. Thank you for the information provided.
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked for you!

Just so you know though, you can select "Mark as installed" on the DLC tab if you want to enable the DLC without adding it to your garage. Then you can buy the DLC cars later in the dealership if you want or you can just go to the tickets tab in the editor and add them.

Last edited:
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked for you!

Just so you know though, you can select "Mark as installed" on the DLC tab if you want to enable the DLC without adding it to your garage. Then you can buy the DLC cars later in the dealership if you want or you can just go to the tickets tab in the editor and add them.
Thanks, I'll see it up that way. I will add the prize cars for licenses to the file, and then the gold medals. It would also be nice if you add a separate option to your editor that adds cars that you can't get without online and editing a save file from here - https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Cars and https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5/Car_List

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll see it up that way. I will add the prize cars for licenses to the file, and then the gold medals. It would also be nice if you add a separate option to your editor that adds cars that you can't get without online and editing a save file from here - https://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_5/Cars and https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5/Car_List
For the record, I didn’t make this save editor, I just made the tutorial and if you go to the tickets tab, you should find all the cars you’re looking for there. 👍

For the record, I didn’t make this save editor, I just made the tutorial and if you go to the tickets tab, you should find all the cars you’re looking for there. 👍
@Sonygamer455
I gave this editor a try since everyones say its a better one
I download it , im actually browsing all the tab including the DLC section
but NOWHERE i can find this DLC car :

Please tell me if you are able to add it and how ...
EDIT ok i just found it
I will try to use my pre-manipulated saves that i modified on the other garage editor to see if i can add only this ones

Last edited:
@Sonygamer455
You don't have to tag me, I get notified every time someone quotes me. ;)
I gave this editor a try since everyones say its a better one
I download it , im actually browsing all the tab including the DLC section
but NOWHERE i can find this DLC car :

Please tell me if you are able to add it and how ...
EDIT ok i just found it
I will try to use my pre-manipulated saves that i modified on the other garage editor to see if i can add only this ones
It may not be mentioned by name, but it is in the DLC tab under the Racing Car Pack as a bundle. If you're looking to just add that car alone and not anything else, you can go to the Tickets tab and add that car from there. Make sure you followed step 6 though. ;)

Last edited:
it dont work well
for exemple in the helmets category i select 3x unit per type
when i click back "Return to categories" in blue
and then click helmet section again to verify if the 3x helmets per version are still there
then i only got 36x Hemet (Striker-01) ..... !!?
EDIT : and now im not able to DELETE them....
EDIT 2 : same for suits etc etc

Last edited:
it dont work well
for exemple in the helmets category i select 3x unit per type
when i click back "Return to categories" in blue
and then click helmet section again to verify if the 3x helmets per version are still there
then i only got 36x Hemet (Striker-01) ..... !!?
EDIT : and now im not able to DELETE them....
I am not sure I understand what you're saying, can you explain a little further?

I get the vibe you may be doing something wrong though.

I am not sure I understand what you're saying, can you explain a little further?

I get the vibe you may be doing something wrong though.
Ok...
Try to have QTY 3x Helmet per helmet variation
you will be able , by adding them manually at the bottom.
now click back to return to main menu
...now click on items tab and helmet section

...now you will not have QTY 3x helmet per helmet variation but a total of QTY 36x of the 1st Helmet variation

you understand what i mean ?

Ok...
Try to have QTY 3x Helmet per helmet variation
you will be able , by adding them manually at the bottom.
now click back to return to main menu
...now click on items tab and helmet section

...now you will not have QTY 3x helmet per helmet variation but a total of QTY 36x of the 1st Helmet variation

you understand what i mean ?
I think so. Looking into it, I think you're onto something because it does that for me too, something I never noticed. 🤔 I'm going to look into this a bit further and notify the creator about this. Thanks for sharing!

In the future though, I recommend discussing any non-DLC-related stuff here since this is not the thread for that. ;)

Last edited:
I think so. Looking into it, I think you're onto something because it does that for me too, something I never noticed. 🤔 I'm going to look into this a bit further and notify the creator about this. Thanks for sharing!

In the future though, I recommend discussing any non-DLC-related stuff here since this is not the thread for that. ;)
"...I recommend discussing any non-DLC-related stuff HERE since this is NOT the thread for that."

Im lost
you want us to continue discussing any non-DLC stuff here or not ?

Ok I think we can add all of them in the main menu tab
(Quick Items section)
now i have 957 racing helmets.... lol

you want us to continue discussing any non-DLC stuff here or not ?
Although I didn't think about this earlier, I'm saying that since this discussion isn't related to getting the game DLC, it should go in that thread I linked instead of here. We'll finish up the discussion here for now, but anything else not related to getting the DLC that comes up in the future should be discussed there.

Although I didn't think about this earlier, I'm saying that since this discussion isn't related to getting the game DLC, it should go in that thread I linked instead of here. We'll finish up the discussion here for now, but anything else not related to getting the DLC that comes up in the future should be discussed there.
Ok understood

Last Question for today
when i save i see 3 options
if i select save (decrypted) i assume i will be able to install in in any PS3 consoles and the save will be read correctly ?
save-png.947786

Last edited:
Ok I think we can add all of them in the main menu tab
(Quick Items section)
now i have 957 racing helmets.... lol
Yea that function will give you any helmets you don't already have.
if i select save (decrypted) i assume i will be able to install in in any PS3 consoles and the save will be read correctly ?
Nah, the PS3 cannot read decrypted save games, they have to be encrypted in order for it to read them.

Wait, in that case what's the point of the three options?
Because they all have a certain purpose. Some people will use decrypted saves if they their experimenting with something.
And what's the difference between Save and Save (Encrypted)?
Save I think will just save it as whatever it was imported as. Like if it was imported as encrypted, it will save it as encrypted and if it was imported as decrypted, it will save it as decrypted.
even the CFW PS3 (jailbroken ones) ?
Yes.

Back