TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting' started by Droptop_Chick, Jun 6, 2005.

1. doggy doo

doggy doo

ooooo, ok thank you so much.

2. doggy doo

doggy doo

ok i know what my problem is now, the auto-connect is on. therefore i couldn't configurate the settings and add on my ip.

3. Spiffy

Spiffy

Well, Saturday I was able to connect and raced a few times. When I tried Sunday, my PS2 couldn't configure. I kept all the settings the same, and I change absolutely nothing. Anyone know what might be the cause or how I could fix it?

4. Suzuki

Suzuki

get on xlink for a few and well chat about it. i have a room up in america.

5. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

OK, so I'm doing a last checking before I'm going to get my netwerk adaptor and start this whole procedure:

I'm sitting right in front of my computer, which is fitted with wireless internet and has a speed of 2 Mbps. There is a CAT 5- Ethernet cable plugged into my PC, leading to the other end which is plugged in into a router. There is a second CAT 5- Ethernet cable plugged into the router, leading to the netwerk adaptor in my PS2.

Is this correct?

6. Suzuki

Suzuki

that is correct. first set everything to auto and see if kai will detect your ps2.

7. jeffdskater

jeffdskater

Im lost i dont know were to start can someone please help me from start to finish if you have time. pm me please thank you.

8. X 4 Zeta

X 4 Zeta

Skip the PS3, I'm going to get the XLink instead. Thanks, DTC! Yay.

9. Luwee

Luwee

heyy umm ive been scoping out this thread for stuff about wireless connections and have not found any;;;;

my home network is compromised of a main compy with a wireless router connected to it(this is connected directly to the internet). up in my room i have a wireless card and a ethernet pci thing....is it possible to just connect my ps2 to the computer not directly connected to the internet?

10. dking

dking

you can but your pc must be wired.

11. Luwee

Luwee

wired to the ps2 right?

12. dking

dking

BOTH PC AND PS2/3 SHOULD BE HARD WIRED....XLINK DOES NOT LIKE ANY WIRELESS SETUP...

*sigh*...If only people actually read the thread...

13. Jah Yute

Jah Yute

hey wsup. I downloaded Kai from the site just now to try GT4 using Windows Vista but the pogram doesn't work. The program was downloaded but after i tried opening the program it just said extracting and that was it. odracir_183@hotmail.com

14. dking

dking

This sounds like a xlink problem...Try finding help on the xlink forums.

15. aphneo

aphneo

apparently my ps2 doesn't show a mac adress, what should I do?

16. Suzuki

Suzuki

Please read...

17. aphneo

aphneo

sorry, missed that part.

Will try once I figure out what's wrong with this router :scared:

18. GT DK

GT DK

Hey
    I've tried this and it partly works for me:
    I end up with "sony playstation 2 configured successfully", but then I get the message "you are unreachable" and the program shuts down.
    That means that it's the connection between my PC and the server there's a problem with.
    My connection between the PC and the router is wireless and I've chosen a "Kai Port" and opened the port in port forwarding in my router.
    I simply can't understand what is wrong.
    Please help

19. dking

dking

Hardline your pc to the router and you should be fine.

20. Tilemaxx

Tilemaxx

anyone from greece to play gt4 via xlink?

21. lildomplaya

lildomplaya

Is it possible that anyone here owns a mac & play GT4 on xlink? I really need help with it. I used a video from youtube of how to install it, & over here, the Network settings is right on GT4 menu. Nothing happens tho.

22. dking

dking

make sure you are trying to connect with someone...otherwise u will be a loner scratching your head.

23. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

I just start playing xlink today. Boy, this is so much fun. Hit me up if anyone want to drift/race.

Ryosuke_Gunma

24. Red_Line

Red_Line

True... I have not been on Xlink for a while but I will probably try and get on some more, get on TS Ryo.

25. Suzuki

Suzuki

Wow, talk about brought up from the dead! Man this thread is SO old.

26. montoya6k

montoya6k

----

27. montoya6k

montoya6k

Hi
    Im a first timer to use get online on a game haven't tried anything else,until i realize its pretty useful,
    im having trouble about connecting such equipment,

i have DSL MODEM but i don't have router? do i need to buy a router or is their anyother way to deal with it? thx!

28. lildomplaya

lildomplaya

I tried like a month ago but still nothing. I still do have Xlink by the way & try to use it. I told some GT4 people there what is supposed to show up in the bottom of "waiting connection". I only have dash lines. When they play, i don't go in...

29. bergauk

bergauk

Why isn't this stickied, its quite useful looking. In the future I'm going to try to get Xlink up and running for myself, I think I have all the equipment needed to run it.

30. Ambiguity

Ambiguity

Does anyone still play this online? I looked at the arena list and it always says there is no one under ps2.