TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

Anyone know if i can do this WITHOUT a router? I mean, I have a crossover cable wire i would like to use for direct pc to console connection.

where have the pics gone?
it says that he's been inactive for 90 days, don't you need the pictures to make xLink work?

Vista

Hello people, recently I wanted to play Gran Turismo 4 online with XLink Kai. But the problem is, the picture is (maybe) removed. Nah, I found an URL for the exact same settings in the first post, but with images as well!

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:ps2_manual_config

maybe useful for you :)

(maybe my post is a little bit outdated?)

Oh yeah, and I want to ask:

" (F) Exit out of the Options Menu and SAVE YOUR GAME!!! Re-start your PS2, and again make sure your CAT-5 cable is connected to both your PS2 network adapter and your router. "

What is this means? It means that my PS2 must connected to the Computer? or the Router?

Thanks,
Lukemorron

Last edited:
That means connect the CAT5 cable from your PS2 to your router.

Does this work with a wireless laptop instead of a wired PC? Also is there any reason why this is in the drifting forum? Shouldn't it be in the main forum?

Hoo I see, thanks Thiele :) !

Err I think it works on wireless pc, I read about it in the Team XLink's site. Maybe a lot of people use Xlink Kai for drifting, because drifting is much fun when you do it in LAN / Online?

Gosh may someone please hop on with me ? I was able to host Timesplitters 2 , guy all the way out in UK joined me , default config so I don't think I have a problem with GT4 ..

Come see me join the PS2 Online Gaming Discord https://discord.gg/cjDrA4y

So in Kai Xlink supposed to use private arena er what ? The host has to go to WFC screen lastly ?

I even had it work in XBSLink (far more complex) but guy was so far out the game was a slideshow

I also made Xlink work much better recently ! I didn't realize that:

Public Port should be specified , entered in the config page !

And unblocked in your gateway IP page (just for good measure) . Joined two New Zealanders in Timesplitters 2 effortlessly

I wish to see the same for Gran Turismo 4 !!!

EDIT: Don't, tweaking xlink ought not be necessary, config-free

Last edited:
So I see that GT4 is a special case , not just default net config , you should dedicate a net config for it , from it

EDIT: Wow . Just enable Use DHCP in the configurator

Primary DNS will be 192.168.0.1 (should it matter)

Finally run kaiEngine.exe I guess making private arena in the GT4 arena can help

The host may go to waiting for connection screen first , did this numerous times

In the GT4 options Host Yes Players 2 Traffic Light , head to LAN>waiting for connection screen then tell your buddy to head there too , the menu should proceed then must not press anything

PROFIT =} I even got to host for two others who were far far

Last edited:
lol don't call me no emulator ! Only the real thing for me

Anyone else reading this who'd rather emulate it's harder really

Full on six player yawl should be fairly close . The further out the more slowdown the more need for speed

WELL NOW! This not necessary, the online beta SCUS 97436 is live! 1UP madman play on his DNS

There's no replay but this absolute knock out

Back