TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

ALPINE told me about xlink but i'm behind a router:indiff:

i'm going to try this guide

edit: i need another cable

I'm having problems :(

I keep getting
"An error has occurred opening the adapter microsoft tv/video connection. Kai will not use this adapter."

any idea on how to get past this :(

ALPINE told me about xlink but i'm behind a router:indiff:

i'm going to try this guide

edit: i need another cable

You can still get Xlink to work... most of us who play are behind a router, we just use different settings :sly: (you dont even have to forward any ports)

Just PM if you want to know the settings (and yes I'm behind a router and a hub)👍

I want to play...
but my ps2 doesnt have the MAC address, in version.:confused:
ive put everything like it says except that i couldnt find the MAC address.
so i just used my normal network configuration for the ps2(which works for online games)
and it still says "Sony Playstation 2, failed to configure."

PLEASE TRY AUTO DNS SETTINGS AND AUTO IP so you DO NOT HAVE TO PUT IN VALUES FIRST! This guide is for those ps2's that do not configure with auto settings.....good luck hope to see you on kai

My xlink will work half way then it will say lost connection with router i need to do a port forward or something along that line.So I was wondering if you guys know what should I do?

To dg5drifter I am not too sure how to....but www.portforward.com should give you some info on how to port forward...you can also try the kai forums on information on how to portforward.. Also it might help to go into kai config and LOCK your network card instead of having kai autodetect....I hope that helps you out a little...Once all this is figured out (and you don't mind a little lag ((pings 100)) or better yet pings around 50-60) Kai is fun and enjoyable...don't give up your almost there! OO almost forgot kai's port forward # is 30000

Okay, I've done everything correctly. Xlink recognizes my PS2, BUT it's in red instead of blue.
Heres a picture, I've checked EVERYTHING.

how is your setup? If you are wireless try to get everything wired...If you are wired did you try the auto dns auto ip?

I have been fairly lucky with xlink...I have it set on auto settings and fully wired through a router. Don't give up your almost there!

ONCE your configured look at this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88728

that will tell you the nitty gritty you need to know to connect with someone

how is your setup? If you are wireless try to get everything wired...If you are wired did you try the auto dns auto ip?

I have been fairly lucky with xlink...I have it set on auto settings and fully wired through a router. Don't give up your almost there!

ONCE your configured look at this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88728

that will tell you the nitty gritty you need to know to connect with someone

It's is 100% wired, but what part of the configuration do I do the Auto bit.
Inside GT4 or on Xlink. Or in my router?
Thanks for the reply so far :)
-Brent

It's is 100% wired, but what part of the configuration do I do the Auto bit.
Inside GT4 or on Xlink. Or in my router?
Thanks for the reply so far :)
-Brent

in gt4 under connection settings....which would be in Arcade< multilan< connection settings.

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try today, but I left all my settings overnight and had my PC turned off. When I booted up my computer this morning, the MAC thingo was taking over my default as network and internet somehow, so I had to remove Xlink and the MAC thing under Network connections. I couldnt do anything to make my network card the default, thats why I had to delete the MAC one. Do you know why this happened?
Hope that all made sense.
-Brent.

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try today, but I left all my settings overnight and had my PC turned off. When I booted up my computer this morning, the MAC thingo was taking over my default as network and internet somehow, so I had to remove Xlink and the MAC thing under Network connections. I couldnt do anything to make my network card the default, thats why I had to delete the MAC one. Do you know why this happened?
Hope that all made sense.
-Brent.

IN xlink kai go to KAI CONFIG and select and lock the netcard you are using. It should be selected as autolock as default. Try selecting your card manualy. Hope you can get it working.

Can someone please tell me why my screen never goes to Waiting For Connection it just stays on the first gray screen that say connecting.... this is quite annoying and ive looked at every tutorial possible. Please Help!!!!!

Can someone please tell me why my screen never goes to Waiting For Connection it just stays on the first gray screen that say connecting.... this is quite annoying and ive looked at every tutorial possible. Please Help!!!!!

This usually happens when your ps2 doesnt have an internet connection, can your ps2 go online with other games???

Hmm, i did everything the tutorial said, but my Xlink kai engine doesnt detect my PS2... First i did with the MAC adress (Are the IP adress and sub-net numbers the same? Cause i only got one number series from the calculator) And then with the "Use DHCP" on "No". Doesnt work... I have wire from my router to my PS2 and wireless to my PC.

Edit: Treid with wire to both PS2 and PC, nope doesnt detect the PS2 still.

Edit2: WOOOT WOOT WORKS! I went to the ALKn connection rules, or something like that and changed the "auto-connect" to "yes". works now!

Edit3: Ok i got everything set up, my PS2 is detected blah blah, But what do i do next?!?! I joined some rooms on xlink and... nothing my PS2 was in the Waiting for connection screen and nothing happened. What am i supposed to do now?!?!

can you post a picture of what a cat-5 ethernet cable and a router looks like? i am really bad with computer stuff and have no clue to what these things are, but a picture of it can help me begin the process of downloading the xlink to my ps2. thank you.

can you post a picture of what a cat-5 ethernet cable and a router looks like? i am really bad with computer stuff and have no clue to what these things are, but a picture of it can help me begin the process of downloading the xlink to my ps2. thank you.

http://www.gearboxhost.com/images/CBL-CAT5E-25-BLU/CBL-CAT5E-25-BLU_06.jpg
Theres a pic, and you mean your downloading xlink to your computer right? the cat-5 ethernet cable is just to establish an internet connection to the ps2

http://www.gearboxhost.com/images/CBL-CAT5E-25-BLU/CBL-CAT5E-25-BLU_06.jpg
Theres a pic, and you mean your downloading xlink to your computer right? the cat-5 ethernet cable is just to establish an internet connection to the ps2

thank you so much, i have that cable. ok i downloaded the kai enginge thingy, but how do i get it to my ps2? i have an internet modem with an internet wire connecting for my ps2 and an internet wire to the computer. but somehow when i clicked on multi-lan race, there is no xlink on the screen. please help.

Hmmm, have been reading through the tutorial a couple of times but I'm stuck with two questions:

- Is it possible to hook up the PS2 on Xlink while you have a computer which is on Wireless internet? My PC is upstairs and my internet modem downstairs...

- If so, should connection parts be connected otherwise?

And third now I think about it...

So, you have to connect the router with your PC via a CAT-5 ethenret cable then grab a second CAT-5 ethernet cable and hook that one up between the router and PS2?

thank you so much, i have that cable. ok i downloaded the kai enginge thingy, but how do i get it to my ps2? i have an internet modem with an internet wire connecting for my ps2 and an internet wire to the computer. but somehow when i clicked on multi-lan race, there is no xlink on the screen. please help.

you DO NOT need to get xlink on your ps2, only your computer. This is how it works:

(PS2)---Ethernet Cable-----(Router/or directly to computer) The xlink on your computer acts as server for gt4 through gt4's LAN mode. And the ethernet cable connects your ps2 to your computer's internet connection.

Hmmm, have been reading through the tutorial a couple of times but I'm stuck with two questions:

- Is it possible to hook up the PS2 on Xlink while you have a computer which is on Wireless internet? My PC is upstairs and my internet modem downstairs...

- If so, should connection parts be connected otherwise?

And third now I think about it...

So, you have to connect the router with your PC via a CAT-5 ethenret cable then grab a second CAT-5 ethernet cable and hook that one up between the router and PS2?

With wireless the game tends to lag a bit more...and connections become disconnected...so yes please use cat 5 from router to pc, and ps2 to router for best results

Latest Posts

Back