TVR&FF's Automotive Events and Motorsport photos - Updated: 24th September

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 401 comments
Just ordered one from Dabs.com, and here is a link to the page and the price:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx...94959512,50584

Now I just need to find a good price for a 1GB SD Secure Digital Ultra 2 or even these versions of SD:

1GB Secure Digital Card 133x
1GB 60x Secure Digital

Hopfully I can sell my old Xbox 1 in time, to rise some money maybe for the 2GB version.

I have decided to delay my new D50 for 2 months now, my reason is so i can save up for a new HiDef TV first. But if I did not delay my D50 for 2 months, then it would take 3-4 months to order my HiDef a month after Feb 06.

But if I delay my D50 for 2 months after i get my HiDef TV next month, then it would take around about a month or 2 months to get my D50. Anyway I have to look on the bright side, at least i'll get my D50 before FOS06 is around guys.

Not long till the British Superbikes is on at Thruxton, also my Big bro's next company car is a Dodge Caliber. So I be sure to get some photos of that.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Just to let the people who love watching DTM racing, well there is a Brands Hatch rnd in the DTM this year. Which I may go to, since i have never been to Brands Hatch before.

And the last time my Dad went to Brands was when he was a teenager or a child folks.

Great viewing and photo oppotunities at Brands, especially if its just the 'indy' circuit, you can generally see 90% of the circuit from most vantage points and you are much closer to the track than most venues 👍

TheCracker
Great viewing and photo oppotunities at Brands, especially if its just the 'indy' circuit, you can generally see 90% of the circuit from most vantage points and you are much closer to the track than most venues 👍
I was wondering when i would see you again Cracker.

Oh man here is the list of some of the cars to be at Goodwood FOS 06:

The Sunday Times ‘Driving’ Supercar Run promises the latest supercars from all the key manufacturers. Heading up the entry will be the unrivalled Bugatti Veyron, together with the UK unveiling of the new Ferrari 599GTB. In fact, Ferrari is planning to have quite a broad range of cars in action, including 612 Scaglietti and the sensational FXX. Audi is hoping to have its new R8 road supercar at the Festival, based on the Le Mans car – while Porsche will exercise the new 997 Turbo, to say nothing of the incredible Cayenne Turbo S. Peugeot are promising their amazing V12 907, too. More extraordinary cars from bespoke manufacturers, such as the 200 mph Freestream T1, are also expected, even in pre-production form. The amazing Freestream – designed, developed and built by a squad of ex-McLaren engineers – is not due in production until later in the year. Joining it will be Prodrive’s one-off P2 concept car, designed and built entirely in-house at Prodrive in under nine months, just to show what they can do! Based on Subaru STi running gear, it’s a 2-litre turbocharged well-equipped two-seater sports car.

While more mainstream high performance products like the new BMW Z4M coupe will be on show, so too will large manufacturers’ technology-leading concepts. Nissan is planning to bring its Urge – a radical, lightweight two-seat, motorcycle-inspired concept designed and built by Nissan in California as a market tester from sub 350Z. It will be joined by other high-technology models, including, we hope, the incredible Acabion motorcycle based eco-sports car from Switzerland.

“The inclusion of very high-efficiency, cutting edge technology vehicles in the Sunday Time Supercar Run and elsewhere at the Festival of Speed is very important to us,” explains Lord March, founder and host of the Goodwood Festival of Speed. “It is a hugely exciting area and one we are very keen to promote, not only with our larger industry partners, but also for smaller manufacturers. Such clever and interesting small sports cars contrast appropriately with the established ‘big bangers’ that we know and love. There’s room for it all at the Festival of Speed and there is an important educational and aspirational job to be done.”

In all, nearly 50 great supercars will be in action on the Hill. From the new Mercedes-Benz CL to the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 and Maserati GranSport MC Victory, it will certainly be a true feast for the senses.

The course car for the Supercar Run this year with be the sensational new Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST with full Stormer pack – the radical options pack allowing the Range Rover Sport customer to drive the closest thing there is to the Range Stormer – the company’s first ever concept vehicle shown at the Detroit Show
in January 2004.

These are the events I am most likey going too, and also hoping to go too.

BTCC - Thruxton
Brit F3 - Thruxton
Brit GT - Brands Hatch (Hoping I can go to this)
DTM - Brands Hatch
Dunlop Festival (Cars) & Trucks Race Meeting - Thruxton
London Motorshow
MPH 06 - London
Top Gear - Being in the crowd when it is filmed at Top Gears home

I am hoping to vist some local dealships aswell to get some photos, such as Audi's dealership. Ferrari dealership near New Forest, and other ones.

One day me and my Dad would like to go to the LeMans 24h, but not yet. Maybe in the future buds.

Bad news it looks like I am not going to the Thruxton rnd of BSB now guys, because well my Dad does not want to go.

I would go on my own, but I think there are no close train stations to Thruxton, i could stay in a hotel over night.

And well that would cost more money; hopfully my Dad will change his mind and go on either a Sunday or a Monday guys.

Good news, now National Rail are showing the train times for 8th and 9th of July 06. I can now ask my work if i am allowed a Friday night off, which means i can order my tickets for FOS 06 this week or next week guys.

Ok just got back from Thruxton, after watching most of the races at the BARC Club racing meeting. And here are the first bunch of shots croped.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I am hoping to vist some local dealships aswell to get some photos, such as Audi's dealership. Ferrari dealership near New Forest, and other ones.

Just so you know, there's a Bentley dealership in Pangbourne (just north-west of Reading) with a range of Arnages, Continental GTs and Flying Spurs, and a TVR and Jaguar dealerships in Farnham. In case you ever happen to be up that way.

Can't wait to see the Freestream at Goodwood.

Here are 2 more photos from that racing day at Thruxton:

But I be posting up more later on guys.

@Roo Thanxs for the heads up Roo, hopfully I be offering prints of my photos on DeviantArt. But I am just glad I have the Friday off before FOS 06, so can get plenty of sleep.

Wouldn't it be a much smarter idea to put them in one post, rather than 3? They're not in any particular order, so i really can't see a point in it.

Nice pictures, though (apart from the Capri :P)

Jon.
Wouldn't it be a much smarter idea to put them in one post, rather than 3? They're not in any particular order, so i really can't see a point in it.

Nice pictures, though (apart from the Capri :P)
Theres more then 3 in 2 updates out of 3. And I would not post them all up in one go, since there are so many to post up.

Roo
Erm... not to put too fine a point on it, I got 79 photo thumbnails in this post:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1775730&postcount=55

The 12 you've posted so far would fit in one post more than 6 times over. Try posting everything in one mega-post, rather than lots of little pointless ones.
The reason I do not want to do that is one 56kers have to fight with the stop button, and 2 it takes work when both uploading and editing my photos.

I was about to order my ticket for FOS 06 on a Saturday 8th July 06, but well it seems the ordering is not going to plan. Everytime I try to order, it just dumps me out for some strange reason.

While saying order cannot be complete, but I hope its just a server error. Or is just my card, because I hope the tickets are not sold out.

Later on I should get an email back from Goodwood FOS 06 booking support team, telling me weather the tickets are sold out or not.

Good news guys my Goodwood FOS 06 ticket arrived through the post yesterday. Anyway here is the next 5 from that BARC club racing meeting.

Ok guys the BTCC is on Thruxton next weekend, what cars at BTCC would people like me to get photos of the most. Also I will have my own digicam arriving by post during the week, but I will not be able to use the full 9 mega pixels right away.

Since I got to borrow my Dad's spare XD cards, which should allow me to get 2/3 shots on those 2/3 cards. When I have 5-7 mega pixels selected on the cameras menu, but I am investing in a 2GB or 4GB card next month guys.

Which will allow me to take 200 shots in 9 mega pixels on a 2GB card, and I think its 400 shots on a 4GB card.

It runs from 7th July - 9th July 06, but I am going on the 8th July. And if you go on the 8th July 06, then we may see each other.

Its going to be crazy trying to find the correct settings in time for shaded and non shaded places. Once FOS 06 comes around, I am at the moment trying to get good settings for use in shaded and non shaded places.

While sunny days or non sunny days happen. Anyway here is the first 10 shots from the BTCC race day at Thruxton:

When I took these, I was still testing out different settings and shutter speeds buds.

Hmm, this thread doesn't get much love for some reason. I'm a big fan of photography and obviously of cars and motorsport. You can't beat a combination of both, so I always enjoy checking out this thread. Keep it up. 👍

Thanxs, and I am not worried if many people don't reply after I post any updates up dougiemeats. Anyway I was reading through the manual of the S9500, and some of the shots came out dark.

Because I did not get the right amount of light on the CCD folks.

Cars I have seen of late with use of no lens filters:

With a 58mm Hoya Circular polarizer filter

But all these shots had some editing done with them.

Ok here is the 1st part of my Goodwood FOS 06 photos, but I did take over 500 photos at Goodwood FOS.

Back