TwinTurboCH's drift rooms for regular drift practice.

TwinTurboCH
Myself and some other real world drifters have been running drift only rooms most evenings on GT5 and I/we have had quite a lot of people messaging us to ask where and when the rooms are open, and when we're practicing, so here is where I will be posting them.

Firstly, a few rules, nothing too complex:
1) FR cars only (none of this 4wd drifting rubbish LOL)
2) Comfort or Sport tyres only (comfort is preferred)
3) these rooms are practice only, but twinning is encouraged :)

We only use tracks which are fun to drift, so you don't have to worry about coming in to find that we're on Daytona or something.

I don't care whether you are the best in the world or just a newb looking for hints and tips, everyone drifty is welcome.

It's fairly simple, check the last post for the latest room numbers and come skid :)

Thanks guys. :)

First room number, which will be online for the next few hours:
1471-6118-4130-9222-6855 - we will be starting on Grand Valley and seeing where we go from there. :)

New one - 1472-6399-8451-1924-9496 on Tsukuba :)

Edit: cause I'm a dumb ass and didn't put the right room number.

Last edited:
Cool I'll be sure to come drift my Sil80 with you guys since I've got a lot to learn, will you be updating the topic each time you create a room?

I do find the rooms that are advertised in that thread get a little crazy sometimes, with 10 car drift trains 3 abreast round corners and stuff. This should be more chilled out and realistic, as it's rooms made up real life drifters :)

Also, as the OP stated, you also get lots of people in 4WD car, which I'm not a huge fan of either.

Last edited:
Just have to shoot to pick my Mrs up, but the room is open. I'm just messagin the other drifters to let them know it's open so should be a few people in there shortly :)

Alot of people dont appreciate my style of cars (american muscle), you guys dont discriminate right? And the guys running the rooms, can you send me a friend request on PSO, or give me your tag and ill add you. 👍

I've seen it, and the first pic on that thread should give you an idea of why i run my own rooms. :)

Then its just a friendly reminder, I do not want so many people opening up threads just for their own rooms that will only run for a day.

Then its just a friendly reminder, I do not want so many people opening up threads just for their own rooms that will only run for a day.

Fair enough, but it's one thread open for every room we're going to run. If you want, shut it and I'll keep my knowledge to myself.

Not a problem, not everyone is a D1 star immediately. :) It's a practice room for a reason, we all need to get better.

Room will be online in about half an hour :)

Fair enough, but it's one thread open for every room we're going to run. If you want, shut it and I'll keep my knowledge to myself.

I will be watching it , I appreciate that you give a lobby for people who want to drift for fun.

what if it's 4WD set to 10/90 Front/Rear distribution? i use a Nissan Stagea from time to time when it's not the Carbon R or Yellowhat Supra

i really like the idea of this. can i join as well? i'm still new it all since i haven't touched or drifted in GT4, even forgot all my settings i did for my previous cars in those games. i plan to toss out some practicing in my skyline sedan tonight. you guys will toss in tips?

Sorry about today guys, got called into work last minute due to someone else calling in sick, literally just got home :( Will definately be up all day tomorrow from arround 10:30am for two hours, then again in the afternoon.

On the stagea subject, my feelings are that the answer is determined by whether or not it drifts at the same pace as a RWD. If it pulls out of the corners faster than RWD, then it makes leading/follwing difficult for others, and therefore I'm not keen. The idea of this room is that people can follow one another while drifting in order to help everyone learn lines/speeds etc. If one person is in a car that drives differently from everyone else, it will cause nothing but problems.

Please don't think I am trying to be a RWD-nazi, and I'm definately not trying to offend anyone, but I want these rooms to be fun, and for that to happen, everyone has to be on the same page so to speak.

Bryant: of course you are welcome, and yes I and the others (when they are out) are happy to give tips, I've got (and use) a mic, so it makes things a lot easier :) If I don't have it turned on, just ask me :)

On the 4WD note, has anyone tried opening up the centre diff completely? I'm not even sure if it's possible, but then 100% of the power would go backwards surely? I'm gonna investigate this tomorrow!

It's not possible, max is 90%.

Indeed, was so gutted as really wanted to build a gt5 version of my drift car which is a rwd 32 with 550bhp gtr engine, but the torque converter's limits make it impossible :( Guess I'll have to make do with the one i built in my mates Forza (gaaay lol). :(

Right, I'm half way through smashing the Gran Turismo All Stars, as soon as I'm finished, I'll be setting up a drift room, so if anyone wants to come play, check back here in 25-30 mins :)
Thanks

Edit: if anyone has any track suggestions, feel free to mention them :)

Back