Two New Wheels come from Logitech - Lets predict!;)

• Thread starter Krassi
  • 172 comments
Bulgaria
Sofia
Hi, guys
Inside info was shared with me that Logitech cleans G29/ G920 stock and two new wheels will replace them... Lets predict what come and after release the thread will be renamed with their models:)

P.S.
The info shared with me was not marked as secret, otherwise I will not post it in public!:)

It will be very interesting which path they will choose. I dont think they will target Fanatec, more LOGIcal is to look to Thrustmaster like competitor.
After confirmation that XB1 and PS4 gaming peripherals will be compatible with next gen consoles, they dont need to wait until 2020 Holiday, but who knows...Obvious G29/920 wasnt new models, so this time I really want to see like @super_gt something more 2019-ish!;)
Btw, which G number is free for the models? Any sugestions?:) Or maybe D?:) LoL

This seems to surface right when my DFGT kicks the bucket. Coincidence? I think so! :lol:
I hope they container of red rotatiing DFGT knobs are depleted...LoL...now I am concerned that some Saitek* leftovers will be used!;)

*Logitech aquired Saitek after its bankupcy!

I have not seen such confirmation for PS5.
I saw it in article for the PSVR - that will be supported like other peripherals to the next gen PS....and to be honest after MS statement I think they dont have many options:) for the regular console controller I am not so confident...but for Wheels, VR , Arcade sticks etc - dont see problem... infact even in PS4 you can use arcade stick from PS3 with Street Fighter, you know T500RS works and to be honest Fanatec DD PS4 F1 package for me confirms that!:)

I saw it in article for the PSVR - that will be supported like other peripherals to the next gen PS....and to be honest after MS statement I think they dont have many options:) for the regular console controller I am not so confident...but for Wheels, VR , Arcade sticks etc - dont see problem... infact even in PS4 you can use arcade stick from PS3 with Street Fighter, you know T500RS works and to be honest Fanatec DD PS4 F1 package for me confirms that!:)
I hope you're right.:)

I am sure it will be a belt drive and no more! Logitech era has passed long ago but successful.
Belt drive is the common sence for Logi, but I hope this time we will see something really good...I hope removable/interchangable rims?!? What about the pedals - it gotta be with loadcell?? I think that they learned from TM and Fanatec that ecosystems sell more;)

Last edited:
I still hope for a simple DD wheel. :P

If Logitech is going to release two new wheels they should have:

• Belt drive
  • No toy looking rims
  • QR system maybe
  • Pedals with a load cell or a simple hydraulic system and magnetic HAL sensors instead of pot meters
  • A more mainstream wheel and a more expensive hardcore wheel

I think we'd see a DD from Thrustmaster long before Logitech.
Logitech is so spread out with what they produce such as pc peripherals, remote controls, security cameras, mice, keyboards, webcams, computer speakers etc they really cater to the affordable market.
They also just purchased MadCatz a few years back from the old Swiss company Saitek, I don't really know what that did for them innovation wise as Madcatz just put out cheap plastic toys.

I hope it's 6-7nm and belt driven as you guys are saying.

I hope they take after Fanatec and Thrustmaster and go for a more modular, but still with Logitech refined design, approach.

At least make it detachable and sell the base separately. Also would love them to make the new wheel backwards compatible so people can use the G27/29 pedals.

Belt drive is for sure a must and a larger wheel diameter too.

I think they should make a beefier flagship wheel that's a successor to the 29 series but also a more compact and cheaper entry level wheel that is about as good as the 29 series but with a lower price, maybe newer pedal set that's more compact but still solid like the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals.

Looking forward to what they come up with. With all the sponsorship in F1, esports, and so on, I hope they take a clue.

As a rule, they should do something interesting very popular. But I do not expect a price of 200$ 300 $ I think it will be that about 450-500 $. The pedals is already going to do new and possibly go from the pontiometers and puts the Lada Sell. But the wheellapse I think they will not be able to make a decent fanatoke and the cumik release. I think it will not be! It will not be a removable steering wheel. Such as I will not do what you can do another does not like a trust and fanathec. We also do not need! Weeky is another, and the feeling is the same Well it's not good. It should be raised :)))

I have written down my wishes for these new Logitech wheels but the reality is probably going to be different.
Logitech is a mass production company and I think Logitech is not going to produce a wheel that is aimed at the high-end customer's market. But I do believe that Logitech is going to develop at least one wheel that is more high-end than all the previous wheels.

Let us hope for the best and we will see a simple – low torque motor – Logitech DD wheel with a load cell brake pedal and very precise throttle. :D

I do not believe they are changing their models. Fixing some reliability issues, renaming, advertising as all new improved, but the same old g25 with new clothes once again.

They won't change the funny line of code they name software they have right now either.

I also am pretty sure that the shifter will be even more downgraded to continue their tradition. It probably won't have reverse, lol.

Seriously, this company is a joke concerning their steering wheel evolution. G25 was a great wheel, g27 was the same, and g29 once again the same.

When can we expect official new about these two new wheels?
Hard to say when..alot factors have impact on their announcement or release....first we gotta have announcement and after that the release...I will not be amased if this is in 2020, but is possible sooner...really hope they dont plan to wait for the new gen consoles!;) I dont plan to use their wheels, just curious what they did this time!:)

Hard to say when..alot factors have impact on their announcement or release....first we gotta have announcement and after that the release...I will not be amased if this is in 2020, but is possible sooner...really hope they dont plan to wait for the new gen consoles!;) I dont plan to use their wheels, just curious what they did this time!:)
I like that; sooner. :D

Latest Posts

Back