Tyre choice issues

• Thread starter smilerftm
  • 66 comments
giphy.gif

What a load of self-righteous nonsense.

Pot - Kettle - Black.

So we cannot engage in an intelligent debate then. OK FLX have it your way.

^ I'm not ignoring that you're a customer. Complaining about the game is fine, and it's even better to take it to the place where support is given when you're so passionate about something. That is not saying you can't discuss here, of course. And I'm not making efforts to make you the bad person. However I'm reacting to several accounts of what looks like attempting to paint WMD members as bad persons though, it's all around these days, and it's misplaced (your last posting also comes across as patronising and insulting).

At some point I choose to stand up against the "WMD member lies and hypes and are incompetent and..." that is making forums visits less enjoyable lately - it just happened to be on this occasion. We should all show our fellow forumites a little respect, that's all.

To quote another forum member "somewhere buried in here is a really good game" and between the bugs, the crashes, the cheating and the abysmal online I do actually enjoy it. Having said that I am just about at my limit with it as well and you will probably see my frustration surfacing in some of my posts.

I do not wish to join the official forum for the reasons given. I do read it from time to time and have seen all the issues I encounter have already been reported, so again, what is the point of more "whinging". Also the site is so PC-centric it is a joke and PS4 users are told that the PC game and the console one is identical (which I do not believe) so all the PC users seem to denigrate the PS4 users and discount their concerns.

So why would I chose to have more conflict in my life? It will be easier to just stop coming here and cease playing the game (which I am on the verge of anyway).

The original advertising hype for PCARS was "Made by racers for racers" and WMD have been testing it for over two years. My legitimate question was "what have you all been doing for the past two years?" This elicited a very bad response.

So I assume either it wasn't tested very well or SMS ignored all of the WMD input. I would genuinely like to understand the mechanism at work here because many people are unhappy with the final result. Especially PS4 users who make up the lion's share of the purchased games and are not, in my opinion, being looked after very well at all.

This very thread about tyres just demonstrates a small fraction of the confusion about the game and how decisions in the planning stage were wrongly made.

Arm chair quarterbacks need not respond.
PS4 Ver. 2.0
3 fan cooler with dual charging dock.
The cooler stand solved a bunch of graphic issues.

Read this tread and most of it is just crap related to make this sim better.
This tyre issue well I have done a lot of races and I got a good feeling there is a bug in the automatic on weather selection. These races were done in solo mode, 100 to 200 laps race on all the tracks and from GT3 and up. You set the weather to sunny hazy but no rain, select hard slick then in pit crew select hard and your fuel everything is fine for the race even if you change driver for the race.
Now that's where the bug shows up, select sunny and then rain then sunny then rain, everything is fine as long as you choose what to do in the pit but that is when you get the red hot tyres when set to automatic on weather in the tune section. Now do this with AI driver nice and sunny and start to rain the ai will pit to change tyres now that is where the bug shows up, after changing tyres for the rain every second or third sometimes fourth lap he pull in the pit to change tyres and will do this for the remainder of the race. So the automatic on weather function has a bug. My guess the automatic on weather in the tune section as a bug result red tyres and ai pitting all the time. If anybody wants to try what I have done to see if I am right would be appreciated.
As far as tyres selection I have no problem deciding what to choose, I just wish folks would stop referring to GT6 because P Cars is not GT6.

PS This post need some :lol: scroll down to the 7 th post a long read but worth it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ble-reliable-drivers-needed-ps4.331103/page-8

Last edited:
From the patch 3.0 release notes:

* Reworked the naming of several tyre compounds to make the names more indicative of their purpose, and to ensure that front and rear compound names match when set to the same compound.

From the patch 3.0 release notes:

* Reworked the naming of several tyre compounds to make the names more indicative of their purpose, and to ensure that front and rear compound names match when set to the same compound.

FLX doesn't that sound great :-) I will have to drop by and check it out.

Did it mention showing what compound is currently fitted to your car and wear indication?

Cheers

Back