UEFA Euro 2021 But Yet Somehow Still Euro 2020 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 651 comments
Jaw Drop What GIF

Fantastic result for Switzerland!! An amazing night of football.

And it's 15 minutes to 1am there too...

That miss was written in the stars for Mbappe... he's missed several chances tonight, and just hasn't looked good in the whole tournament.

That miss was written in the stars for Mbappe... he's missed several chances tonight, and just hasn't looked good in the whole tournament.
And he missed many penalties recently, i was almost in panic when i see him shoot at the position with the most pression on shoulders (pressure? i don't know at this point).

Portugal, Netherlands, Croatia and France haven't even reached the Quarter-Finals, and one of England and Germany is also joining that quartet. This is already a crazy tournament.

The reigning European champions, plus the reigning World champions and World finalists all out in the last 24 hours.

Madness.

What the heck just happened today? 12 goals in two matches in regular time alone? Both Spain and France winning 3-1 past the 80th minute, and manage to let 2 goals in in the last 10 minutes? I'm getting 2014 WC vibes, with all the big teams underperforming, and in the end, Germany wins.

Yesterday was probably the best day of knockout football I've ever seen at one of these tournaments, utterly unbelievable. One of the big guns had to be put out but I never would have guessed France would go out over Spain, especially considering Croatia usually have a knack for these knockout tournies too so always had a chance in theory. Well played Switzerland!

I can't think of a better day of back-to-back games. Completely enthralling drama from minute one of Spain vs Croatia all the way through to Sommer's brilliant penalty save.

Is there a game on tonight? :P

I remember watching Euro 96 vividly, though the memory of England v Scotland has kind of dominated my memory, and I forgot just how close England came to beating Germany that night.

Very difficult game to call tonight - both teams are more than capable of playing well, but Germany have been more convincing thus far, and England have been timid in contrast. Hopefully they can 'do a Scotland' and raise their game to match their greatest adversaries.

England will have to watch Gosens - Portugal didn't and they paid dearly for it. That said, Germany have been a bit slack at times too, and they don't have any properly talismanic player as they have had many times in the past. Unfortunately, neither do England - Kane just doesn't do it for me and he has had a poor tournament, but maybe he can find something extra tonight. My money is on Sterling being the main headache and creating chances, but it remains to close to call.

I am assuming it will go to penalties... again! :nervous:

Good luck England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Three at the back for England to match the Germans.

The amount of talent on the England bench is staggering. Foden, Mount, Bellingham, Grealish, Rashford, Sancho!

Three at the back for England to match the Germans.

The amount of talent on the England bench is staggering. Foden, Mount, Bellingham, Grealish, Rashford, Sancho!
Thanks to the new rules on subs, England could end up with all of these players having been on the field at one point!

Still all to play for... not a great game yet, but a couple of chances for both sides.

Sterling is by far the best player up front for England - I seriously think that Southgate needs to pull the plug on Kane, he's had far more than a fair shake, and he's done nothing. Foden for Kane at 65 mins, if not at half time... please!!

Rice was lucky not to give away a penalty and/or be sent off and ruin the match for England, even though Germany definitely made the most of it. Fortunately, the free kick itself was utterly pathetic.

On balance, I would say England are just about edging it, more chances but Germany have had the best chance so far.

Rice and Kane should be subbed ASAP, IMO.

Back