UEFA Euro 2021 But Yet Somehow Still Euro 2020 Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 651 comments
Netherlands 0-2 Czech Republic.

A goal-less first half but an eventful second half made up for it, De Ligt was sent off for a stupid deliberate hand ball which was a moment of madness from him being the captain. And then Czech's took advantage of the extra man with Holes and Shick scoring.

Disappointing from the Netherlands after their impressive displays in the group stage and they didn't do a lot here, Czech Republic were great and deserve to through.

A frantic finish to Belgium v Portugal and a great game, though it did nearly boil over near the end...

Portugal just couldn't find a way through but Courtois pulled off an amazing save before being saved by the post, so Belgium were lucky that it didn't go to extra time.

De Bruyne and E. Hazard both out injured, and that could be a worry for them. Ronaldo wasn't firing on all cylinders and has definitely lost his touch at free kicks, but otherwise was a threat. Pepe once again proving what a useless and despicable thug he really is, so I'm glad to see him out of the tournament and hopefully gone from international football for good now too.

Oh no, Portugal is out. Anyway.

If Belgium are that bad again, Italy have a nice semi-final to look forward to against France/Switzerland/Croatia/Spain.

Thorgan Hazard did exactly the same thing as Pepe, and didn't get a yellow card. This is what annoys me, this double standard.

Anyway, lucky win for Belgium, one shot on target, one goal. Doubt that team goes past France.

Fantastic goal by Thorgan Hazard, Portugal weren't clinical enough up front which is strange considering the attacking talent that they had.

Some big injury worries for Belgium with De Bruyne and big brother Hazard going off, I wonder what's next for Ronaldo....should he retire from Internationals??

I wonder what's next for Ronaldo....should he retire from Internationals??
Thomas Vermaelen.

Sorry, I meant no... with the World Cup just 18 months away, Ronaldo will still 'only' be 37 and Portugal are likely to qualify, so I can't see why he would/should retire just yet. He is still Portugal's driving force.

Euro 2024 is a bit of a stretch (but we never know with him), but the WC is possible as long as he stays fit and Portugal goes through.

Deary. Me.

Spain miss two sitters (Koke has a point blank shot saved, Morata missed an easy header) and then score the most ridiculous own goal I've seen in international football. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
That was pretty much the worst thing that could happen for the match. Please don't let that be the decider.

That was pretty much the worst thing that could happen for the match. Please don't let that be the decider.
Normally a lucky goal for the team being dominated would spur the dominant team into action, but ironically it seems to have had the opposite effect and Croatia are now getting into the game more.

It would be a horrible way to decide the game, but Morata's miss is equally to blame for the current scoreline - he's been absolutely mince so far....

Spain conceded that comedy own goal very early in the game. If this match finishes 1-0, Spain can only blame themselves because they'll have had plenty of time to score in the correct goal. 88th minute decided? Yes, that'd be a shame, but this early in the match they can only blame themselves.

Normally a lucky goal for the team being dominated would spur the dominant team into action, but ironically it seems to have had the opposite effect and Croatia are now getting into the game more.
The curse of my signature strikes again!

How can Morata be this bad?

He's already missed a sitter, and now he's somehow managed to be a mile offside when everyone else was at the six yard line. Incredible.

I joked with my Spanish mate this morning that if Spain get desperate for a goal, they can always sub Morata off.

Lmao the defender was busy throwing a water bottle out of the pitch. they had ****ing two minutes to drink water as well

Back