UEFA Europa League

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 96 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeeh. Why Twente! Why!

The first half went so well. The second half sucked.

Ahwell, we still have AZ in the race.

Oh, what's happening for them, know they were 2-1 down at one stage, what's changed ?

Ended 3-2 with a narrow miss from Joe Hart at the end. City out on away goals.

Also Birmingham City have won more games this season in Europe than Manchester United :lol:

Oh, what's happening for them, know they were 2-1 down at one stage, what's changed ?

There were 3-0 down on aggregate, scored 3 in the last twenty minutes, then Joe Hart almost won it with a header, with the last touch of the game.

Oh so both Manchester sides out then, and Chelsea the sole representative in Europe. Not a good season to demonstrate the quality of English football. Interesting fact about Birmingham, they did rather well.

Sporting almost choked! I saw the last 30min. I heard from the folks at the bar I went to that soon as Sporting took out Capel they just went flat. Hart almost pinged a header in at the last attempt!!

Good luck Sporting from advancing through, good for Portuguese soccer as it always gets overlooked by the big clubs in big leagues

TRapo+Bielsa.jpg

"A man with new ideas is a madman until his ideas succeed."

eltiempotedaralarazon.jpg

"Bielsa, time will give you the reason."

And it already has. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

AZ - Valencia
Schalke 04 - Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Lissabon - Metalist Charkov
Atletico Madrid - Hannover 96

3 Spanish teams with the last 8. Hmm.

My picks:

Valencia
Athletic Bilbao
Sporting
Atletico Madrid

Then Valencia sees Atletico Madrid in the final.

AZ - Valencia
Got to say Valencia as they're probably the best team in the Europa League.

Schalke 04 - Athletic Bilbao
If Athletic Bilbao can beat Manchester United, then they should beat Schalke.

Sporting - Metalist
I'l say Sporting but this can go either way.

Atletico Madrid - Hannover 96
I fancy Hannover for this, maybe just because I'm fed up of the Spanish dominance.

To be honest, none of these games have a heavy favourite and it'd be complete luck if these predictions were right.

Semifinals:

Valencia vs Athletic

Sporting vs Atlético Madrid

Final:

Athletic Bilbao vs Sporting

I have faith in you, Bielsa.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Llorente scores against Schalke. :D

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Raul scores against Bilbao.

Well, 2-2 now, 2 each for Raul and Llorente. Bilbao should not be on terms, Schalke have been the better team, Bilbao not playing well but still in it. Suspect they might walk it at home on a nice pitch.

EDIT: Well Bilbao are now winning, they've come alive since the second goal, bit lucky but they've started to play football now. Schalke have it all to do both in the last 5 minutes and at Bilbao next week.

EDIT2: Games over and it's 4-2, smash and grab on the break with Munian finishing after Schalke have thrown men forward. Both Huntelaar and Raul had good chances to score in the final couple of minutes. That second goal for Bilbao completely changed the game.

Last edited:
Athletic Club is tying 2-2 with Schalke. Everything is going according to plan.

EDIT: Athletic to semi-finals! :D End game 2-2 (6-4 agg.).

Last edited:
All Iberian semifinal, YET AGAIN!!

Last year it was 3 Portuguese clubs and 1 Spanish club. This year it's flip flopped, 3 Spanish clubs and 1 Portuguese club.

Atletico Madrid smashed Valencia 4-1 with my boy Falcao scoring 2 goals.
And Sporting!!! come from behind win 2-1 over Atletico Bilbao!! I thought Sporting wouldn't have a chance but it seems they can actually go into the final!!!

I'm predicting Atletico Madrid X Sporting Lisbon final with Atletico Madrid winning it, but I'll be hoping Sporting takes it for back to back Portuguese teams winning the Europa League!

Atletico Madrid smashed Valencia 4-1 with my boy Falcao scoring 2 goals.

Your boy? You mean mine. :sly:

falkao2.jpg

I hope Atlético get through to the semi-finals, along with Bilbao, though the latter is rather difficult.

Your boy? You mean mine. :sly:

falkao2.jpg

I hope Atlético get through to the semi-finals, along with Bilbao, though the latter is rather difficult.

We can share him... no homo :P

My Porto seriously misses his scoring abilities up top, that's for sure!!! I heard a lot about him and saw quite a lot of highlights before he even went to Europe. Was really glad he came and had such an epic season last year by helping Porto win everything possible, go undefeated in the league and clinching the league title at rivals Benfica stadium!

RICKY VAN WOLFSWINKEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal! Goal!

1-1 now at Athletico-Sporting. 2-3 overall. 2-1 now, not a minute passed.

Too bad I couldn't see Bielsa's match, since I had work to do for tomorrow (and I still haven't finished it). But I'm very glad for him! :D

Bielsa, all the River Plate fans are with you! :cheers:

Shame Sporting got knocked out. I thought they would pull it off and go to the final, but another year and they win nothing yet again! lol

All atletico/spanish final. My money's on Atletico Madrid.. for obvious reasons

So, we are four hours away from the 2012 UEFA Europa League Final. I won't be able to see it because I will be gone from home at that time. I thought it would be important to bring this thread back up, in case anyone forgot about the final.

6 mins gone, and a superb goal from Falcao... shaping up to be a great final 👍

And another from Falcao... brilliantly taken 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back