Ultimate Edition playable on Sept 10 at 13:01 UTC, check your time difference and get more anxious!

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 297 comments
I was mainly going by the 8 laps in the Nurburgring, I checked the lap times for Daytona Road Course and at 1:40 per lap it would take around 2 and a half hours to complete which sounds long but doesn't seem like a real Endurance race. Four, hours sounds more like it. So yeah a casual gamer could do two and a half hours but could get scared with a 24 hour race although it sounds impractical to do on a console. I am a casual gamer anyway so all good but I was warming up to the idea of longer races. Six hours would have been great to do once in a blue moon.

T10 did say the races would have a couple stints. It's pretty much what happens in 300km races. Sure there are those that want 12/24Hours. F1 do about 2 stints on tyres. GT races about 2 stints with Codriver. So as one driver doing your driver /co-driver duties, maybe 2 stints are enough to keep things moving in the Career.

Just experienced Superfriends for myself on Long Beach. When I reviewed fastest laps, there were 13 seconds between me and 3rd place, and one of you (can't remember exactly who) had a solid 4 seconds on me.

Just experienced Superfriends for myself on Long Beach. When I reviewed fastest laps, there were 13 seconds between me and 3rd place, and one of you (can't remember exactly who) had a solid 4 seconds on me.

Do you remember the driver level of whoever it was?

I just ran into this issue in the final season of the second volume. I was in the GT350R at Monza, and an SLK55 walked away from the field. I bumped the Drivatar difficulty all the way down to "Experienced", and it still posted a time that would have put it 15th on the leaderboards! Just nuts.

Oddly enough, it cooled down for the later races, before another car took up the mantle of rabbit for the final race at Prague. This is very strange, hopefully T10 are aware.

I recreated my favorite SLS AMG GT3 livery.

Evex5KVcsr_YEp5Lcjb0GJzjfjC8dRNKjE9T9emp6yVqxiq06mcuDZXXHX_O_rxJffbupR_JwXMxUqKOKrXMqh_Drc4eWqD_5TgNiu7iEM-MuwLvTqpPvbobmPRUCdftFHdViBai-IiGQ021ekRiIsDWdxE7N1BOxzdFBlx1gem17sgVYhfIBeZteeMjI0hwwggX-OXivxf538WTpbdMhkQBs8NbMqzNGzUOIsPA4NRr_CsShUhy5cW9MImLAI3z6Szq979BF--4HjtfPJvX4hKoRA9hmaExLXCbZRwJaxEMpMHSwQ-r3z3FZggHi60JWn8PVdqeND3uM3NlDq-YPiLApW5LF6uQOEpsoa63T4tauiWo6WLq8jsDB_EkaFhg66D5jGTPiPkg58uQHMFr9kVamcJaR5xhcpX1yATi0SY8vNaJFGMSX4XbbRHt73JSDm-Fr4WxF5rF0zegYU6SjZt9bz6tXjG82lRw-ZHfYM1fq2o5PF6dEmui6Gtco4aW0YuM-aZJZ1KXFnkzmUXAPKJJZCRE4g7HfyaVxmO3hgE=w1197-h673-no

sls_wc.jpg

Not perfect, but good enough for me.

What is "superfriends"? :confused:
Discussed at length on the previous page. A drivatar from your friends list pulls away from the pack and posts ridiculously fast lap times.

I just ran into this issue in the final season of the second volume. I was in the GT350R at Monza, and an SLK55 walked away from the field. I bumped the Drivatar difficulty all the way down to "Experienced", and it still posted a time that would have put it 15th on the leaderboards! Just nuts.

Oddly enough, it cooled down for the later races, before another car took up the mantle of rabbit for the final race at Prague. This is very strange, hopefully T10 are aware.
I've also found on numerous occasions that I'll be chasing third position and the AI will drive very fast and I can't catch yet if I restart and manage to get ahead in the first few corners the same AI will then drive much slower once behind. It's as if the AI are instructed to drive at different speeds if ahead or behind. I've also noticed AI speed varies depending on the number of laps. More laps they are quicker and it takes longer to catch them, shorter races and they are not as quick. It's as if they are programmed so that if you drive well enough you'll have a chance on the final lap.

IMO there are some pretty major problems with the AI and I don't see it being an easy fix. I also think the difficulty levels have been designed with mods in mind. I was going to largely ignore the mod system as I don't think it has a place in a sim game but I'm coming to the conclusion that in order to finish 1st on unbeatable it's going to be necessary to use them.

I've also found on numerous occasions that I'll be chasing third position and the AI will drive very fast and I can't catch yet if I restart and manage to get ahead in the first few corners the same AI will then drive much slower once behind. It's as if the AI are instructed to drive at different speeds if ahead or behind. I've also noticed AI speed varies depending on the number of laps. More laps they are quicker and it takes longer to catch them, shorter races and they are not as quick. It's as if they are programmed so that if you drive well enough you'll have a chance on the final lap.

IMO there are some pretty major problems with the AI and I don't see it being an easy fix. I also think the difficulty levels have been designed with mods in mind. I was going to largely ignore the mod system as I don't think it has a place in a sim game but I'm coming to the conclusion that in order to finish 1st on unbeatable it's going to be necessary to use them.

T10 are aware of the drivatar issue and are looking into it, Brian the community manager replied to a thread about it over at FM.Net.

Hopefully they'll tweak there consistency, thats my biggest issue at the moment.

T10 are aware of the drivatar issue and are looking into it, Brian the community manager replied to a thread about it over at FM.Net.

Hopefully they'll tweak there consistency, thats my biggest issue at the moment.

This was also discussed back when FM5 released, there was a few discussions on the old forza forums about it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...hread/6318406.aspx+&cd=39&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

I cant find much information, as those web pages are very hard to find now. But an old Forza Forum Mod called Don ent did an investigation into the matter I believe. I think they found that the Drivatars that where running faster, where only doing so once they cleared the pack. Which is the same as a player is capable of doing.

Personally, I race set to unbeatable when against the drivatars. And I have not noticed this issue so far, but then I didn't back in FM5 also. That is not to say something odd may be happening however, just I have not personally come across it.

Do you win against them? I get absolutely toasted why I try it :lol:

I am usually past them all before the end of the first lap/start of the second lap. I don't have any footage of FM6 atm, but I do have a couple of replays from FM5. As I said in my last post, this exact same issue was discussed for FM5 when it first released also. So I will share a couple of my SP race replays from FM5.

Obviously there are more cars on the track in FM6, so that will play a part that was not in FM5. But it is still relevant to a point.

I think some of the issues come in to play because of the way the auto upgrade system and drivatars work in general. The auto upgrade system heavily favors speed builds, so they will generally have a high top speed, and not so many handling upgrades. On tracks such a Bathurst and le'mans for example, those cars will be very quick in a straight line.
The drivatars do not use our own tunes, so I would speculate they are using the auto upgrade system for their cars. Hence why not all of them are at the full PI range for a particular class you are racing in. Most players tend to favor handling based builds, with more of an emphasis on handling over speed. And can often tend to stick with just the one build for all tracks. Basically, a good all rounder. On faster tracks with long straights however, they run the risk of getting stomped by the Drivatars.

Player skill also comes into it as well, but don't take this as me saying that the people having issues are rubbish at forza. That would be just dumb on my part. What I mean is, is how consistent a person is. Which is a skill all on its own from been able to drive quick. If you can not put down almost identical laptimes, then that allows other drivers a chance to catch up. Doesn't matter if it is AI or a real person.

There is the fact though that through T10's tweaking of the drivatar system, they could have inadvertently created an anomaly in FM6. So this could be a genuine issue in this particular iteration of the game. T10 are looking into it, so that is a good sign that if there is a problem with the game and the drivatar system, that they will find it and fix it.

personally though, I find the drivatars slow in the corners. They brake way to early, they brake mid corner, they even sometimes brake on a straight. It can make it an awkward experience when racing against them. This issue was also in previous forza games, and I think it is something that got carried over. The drivatar system as always been in use in Forza, and was a big selling point of FM1. They have just dressed it up a little for FM5+, and allowed us to download other peoples drivatar data from the cloud. In FM1, this was also possible. But you had to have your friend either send you their drivatar data over the internet, or they had to physically bring it over to your house. Though you could only race their drivatars in one mode in the game. You could also have your drivatar race for you if you wanted, though you got less credits then you would if you raced yourself. The latter feature was also present in FM2 and FM3. I am not so sure about FM4 though, I would have to set up my 360 to check if AI could race for you in that iteration.

Confirmed he is my nemesis too! Absolutely destroying me in races :lol:
Yeah, I will admit I am glad it is someone from my friends list and gtplanet but man, right when I think I am taking the podium......here comes bibblefish, lol.

Not sure how active he is here anymore though, would love to hear who his nemesis is.....if there is one.

@dice1998 has now started to become an interesting drivatar, he is a tad faster at times but also has that magnet upgrade where once I'm passing......he decides he wants to be in that spot BAAM!

The car in front is a drAIvatar, it gets an extra boost from the pack. Nothing new to me. :dopey:
If you get close enough behind, if you release the gas/throttle as you enter a turn, there's a slight chance that the drAIvatar gets even more boost that will make it drive off course/track. I've seen it happen many times. :boggled:

I think they found that the Drivatars that where running faster, where only doing so once they cleared the pack. Which is the same as a player is capable of doing.

I thought this may have been the case, but if a drivatar on some of the lower difficulty settings pumps out top times then there seems to be something slightly off.

Do you win against them? I get absolutely toasted why I try it :lol:

Haven't yet played FM6, but for FM5 it was really inconsistent for me. On certain tracks (possibly with certain cars/tunes) I win on unbeatable 90% of the time, on other tracks I get absolutely toasted by "superfriends" on Average difficulty.

The grip mod I've sneakily employed seems to beacting as kryptonite for my PZR Crazy superfriend on about half the tracks at Pro difficulty. I can only assume the drivatars are employing similar buffs in order to challenge and/or frustrate us.

Back