Ultimate Edition playable on Sept 10 at 13:01 UTC, check your time difference and get more anxious!

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 297 comments
The 360 versions. There was a button to move between three levels of zoom, but holding the left stick in has been the fine-tuning option since at least FM3.

But I suppose it's far easier to complain about isolated issues and overload on the emoticons.
Some people don't seem to have a good word to say about the game. Oh well, it's their money.

I can't get enough of it. It is so absolutely awesome.

I'm loving the showcase events, decided I will attack them all on the 2 hardest difficulties, they are genuinely challenging, the 1 on 1 with the stig races are very hard indeed.

Yes, they've really beefed up the drivatar difficulty. I was unbeatable in Horizon 2 but have been busted back down to Expert in FM6. Fantastic, gives us room to improve.

Yes, they've really beefed up the drivatar difficulty. I was unbeatable in Horizon 2 but have been busted back down to Expert in FM6. Fantastic, gives us room to improve.
The only problem I've found so far with it is, on unbeatable the 1st place driver quite often bolts ands builds up a big lead over the next two or three cars and you have to really get your elbows out early doors to get past the group of cars from 5th to 9th to have a chance of catching but then the next level down it's pretty easy to get 1st. At the end of the day though it's AI it's never going to be as good as racing against a bunch of guys you know and trust. It is markedly better then FM5 though.

The Drivatars are now fully showing their potential after a serious fine tuning of their basic parameters, and all I can tell you is, "I told ya".

They are not only incredibly skilled AIs which will show, at the highest difficulties, some amazing racing drivership (with uncanny overtake and collision avoidance skills that often left me mouth agape after being overtaken effortlessly by a divebombing Drivatar); but they also seem to be picking up the quirks of their corresponding human.

Also, they will make good on their promise to humiliate you if you set the difficulty to "Unbeatable". Which should read as "the computer will be a cheating bastard".

The only problem I've found so far with it is, on unbeatable the 1st place driver quite often bolts ands builds up a big lead over the next two or three cars and you have to really get your elbows out early doors to get past the group of cars from 5th to 9th to have a chance of catching but then the next level down it's pretty easy to get 1st. At the end of the day though it's AI it's never going to be as good as racing against a bunch of guys you know and trust. It is markedly better then FM5 though.
Yes, it often turns into a game of kill the wabbit unfortunately. I gotta settle for second place a lot of the time unless like you I bump the difficulty down. :ouch:

Race stints. Low long are they?
The races I've done have been between two and six laps dependent on length of track. The Indy Brickyard showcase was about five or six laps and I'm not sure how long the endurances go on for. Failing that there's always free play.

So, far everything I'm reading is positive. I'm not put off by some inaccurate sounds from the V8 Supercars. I'm seriously thrilled I/we don't have to "pretend" anymore.

Alright so "endurance" then. Are they afraid that they will scare casual gamers away?
It's a possibility to say that. I raced the 8 laps on Nurburgring last night and that was a lot of fun, even though I had to pit every 2 laps for fuel.

It's a possibility to say that. I raced the 8 laps on Nurburgring last night and that was a lot of fun, even though I had to pit every 2 laps for fuel.

Now that I think about it maybe it is due to not having dynamic time/ weather. I mean if they go with 4 hour races or more and light doesn't change one bit it will look funny, right? Oh well "endurance" will have to be. It's a great game though, maybe for Forza 8 on the Xbox Two.

I don't have the attention span for long races. 10 laps on a mid sized track is about all I can handle

8 laps of the Nurburgring? Don't like the sound of that :eek::lol: And 84 laps of anywhere :yuck:

Since when was 84 laps of daytona road course considered casual?

I was mainly going by the 8 laps in the Nurburgring, I checked the lap times for Daytona Road Course and at 1:40 per lap it would take around 2 and a half hours to complete which sounds long but doesn't seem like a real Endurance race. Four, hours sounds more like it. So yeah a casual gamer could do two and a half hours but could get scared with a 24 hour race although it sounds impractical to do on a console. I am a casual gamer anyway so all good but I was warming up to the idea of longer races. Six hours would have been great to do once in a blue moon.

My wife would no doubt call me something else again. Before I was RacerPaul (old PSN name) I called myself PaulFast

As you can imagine, people used that to take the proverbial out of me every time I didn't win, which was often

'Hahahaaa, Paul not so Fast!' :lol:

I'm a slow racer as well, we should set up an online race sometime. Eight laps at Lime Rock so you don't get bored. :)

I was mainly going by the 8 laps in the Nurburgring, I checked the lap times for Daytona Road Course and at 1:40 per lap it would take around 2 and a half hours to complete which sounds long but doesn't seem like a real Endurance race. Four, hours sounds more like it. So yeah a casual gamer could do two and a half hours but could get scared with a 24 hour race although it sounds impractical to do on a console. I am a casual gamer anyway so all good but I was warming up to the idea of longer races. Six hours would have been great to do once in a blue moon.
I was running 8:52.xxx at Nurburgring and my total race time was at around 1 hour and 7 minutes.

My wife would no doubt call me something else again. Before I was RacerPaul (old PSN name) I called myself PaulFast

As you can imagine, people used that to take the proverbial out of me every time I didn't win, which was often

'Hahahaaa, Paul not so Fast!' :lol:
Yeah people tend to put to much into ones username :)

I'm never going to get to play. I was in New York City yesterday with a flight back home to Detroit around 3pm. The flight was cancelled at the very last minute, and they weren't going to be able to get me on a flight back until 3pm today. My coworker had to get home before that (she's flying out of the country today), so we ended up cancelling our flights back, rented a car, invited a stranger who was also on our flight back with us, and drove 12 hours back home, getting in at 5am this morning. I fire FM6 up this morning only to find out it never fully installed because I ran out of room on my hard drive!

So the wait begins. Again.

I'm never going to get to play. I was in New York City yesterday with a flight back home to Detroit around 3pm. The flight was cancelled at the very last minute, and they weren't going to be able to get me on a flight back until 3pm today. My coworker had to get home before that (she's flying out of the country today), so we ended up cancelling our flights back, rented a car, invited a stranger who was also on our flight back with us, and drove 12 hours back home, getting in at 5am this morning. I fire FM6 up this morning only to find out it never fully installed because I ran out of room on my hard drive!

So the wait begins. Again.
That sucks! But it will be worth the wait ;)

Back