Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
I just want to know who's the new Stig. Or perhaps it's still Perry McCarthy, only dressed in white?

It is probably someone different. I don't think they would have killed off the original for no reason. He may have left or something. And the air craft carrier was just some dramatic stunt.

I thought I would revive my old thread, deep from the archives, for the new Top Gear series.

What a great episode! The car-football was amazing and the RR sport was another great example of the fun the Army like to have 👍

ExigeExcel
I liked all the reverse 180 handbrake turns and some of the intercepts. Bet that little stunt caost them a fair bit.
the 10 cars only cost 80.000 pounds and even if they were only worth half of it afterwards that would not be that much for the guys wo drop jags off airplanes. :D

(i would also not at all be surprised if toyota gave them the 10 aygos for free, as the football game was a damn good advertisement for those cars.

vladimir
(i would also not at all be surprised if toyota gave them the 10 aygos for free, as the football game was a damn good advertisement for those cars.

That was the conclusion I came to at first. I mean, how better to show off your agility than a big football match. However, they then went on to say "Buy the Citroen C1". :lol:

Okay then, even if the cars didn't cost much, how much was the insurance?

"Hello churchill insurance"
"Hi, I'm Jeremy Clarkson. I'm going to have 10 guys purposley crash 10 Toyota Aygos into eachother. Can you help?"
*Call centre hangs up*

But also I think alot of the military stunts are partly sponsored/funded by the MoD, it's blatant recruitment advertising.

911_Carrera
That was the conclusion I came to at first. I mean, how better to show off your agility than a big football match. However, they then went on to say "Buy the Citroen C1". :lol:
there was a C1 in the studio? i bet 80% of the audience won't even remember that there was a C1...but nobody will forget about the aygo football match, thats for sure.

I won't forget.

Citroen is 2nd in my top ten fave car amunfacturers :D

Another great episode!

For once James won! Well he did, except Clarkson pulled out his ace again. The Maserati was good but how much did the destroyed one cost!?!?!?!?

ExigeExcel
I'm pretty sure it is Perry still.

Tuff Nedell presents a rival show, 5th Gear, on Channel 5. :rolleyes:

Maybe thats why he wears a helmet :lol:

seriously your probably right though

I missed it because I was hosting a BBQ :(

I was told that it was repeated on Tuesday though. Is this true?

It's not Perry, he's been doing other things recently and wouldn't have been able to be at places at once. He did hint that trhe new Stig may be female.

ExigeExcel
It definetly is repeated sometime in the week. When I'm not sure.

I think its gonna be late maybe 11.00 or 11.30 ish at night

live4speed
It's not Perry, he's been doing other things recently and wouldn't have been able to be at places at once. He did hint that trhe new Stig may be female.

Oooo that would be good :dopey:

live4speed
So it wasn't ever Stig Blomquist then? I almost thought I'd made a nearly-clever discovery there. :P

I wonder if Penny Mallory has been in London recently, she hasn't done any work since Driven has she?

Back