Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
It's not Perry, he's been doing other things recently and wouldn't have been able to be at places at once. He did hint that trhe new Stig may be female.
I'm sure he can spend half an hour a week. :D Doesn't he drive in the Carrera cup?

And if it has changed I will be outraged. It will no longer be a fair test :P

It has changed, Perry's not doing it anymore, it was his decision as well not the BBC's. Besdes that he'd need to spare a hell of a lot more than half an hour a week to take the part of the Stig. As for it being a fair test or not, it's not a definition of whats faster, it's a rough idea of whats faster. The times that are close like the MC12 and Enzo could easilly be turned around with different drivers and with different track temperatures ect so the driver isn't the one thing to make the test fair. If it was fair the weather would be exactley the same every time and the driver would be the same and in the exact same state of mind every time.

that stig thing is the only thing i dislike about top gear...it has become pretty boring and i would rather like to see a charismatic race driver driving the laps than that stig with its music.

These guys must really like Land Rover. 2 of the best segments they've ever had, IMO, were on Land Rovers. There was the one where Jeremy drove up that mountain in one, and then there was the one on the last episode where he tried outrunning that tank! Incredible stuff! 👍

live4speed
If it was fair the weather would be exactley the same every time and the driver would be the same and in the exact same state of mind every time.
But they are, within reason, uncontrollable variables. And they do make note of weather, if not track temp.

ExigeExcel
But they are, within reason, uncontrollable variables. And they do make note of weather, if not track temp.
So was Perry saying, thats it I'm done as the Stig. That was his desicion not the BBC's or TopGears. At least they let us know they had a new one rather than just sticking the new guy in the old suit and keeping it quiet.

did anyone notice that the mc12 has no stereo?
Its almost a fuly blown race car. Who needs one with that engine note anyway.

I don't remember him mentioning a new stig, but I suppose they weren't looking for a new Aircraft carrier incident.

Just wondering why ferrari would ever want to make a car under the maseratti name to DIRECTLY compete with there own enzo......?

Robin 2223
Just wondering why ferrari would ever want to make a car under the maseratti name to DIRECTLY compete with there own enzo......?

Put simply...to race!

The engine for the Enzo must have been expensive, so if they can use it in a sister car then they can spread the cost. If the MC12 brings in some gold then they'd be happy, although they said that Maserati aren't under Ferrari any more on Sunday...

maybe they wanted to advertise maserati a little bit with the mc12 racecar and a very fast roadcar. the development of the mc12 was probably not very expensive when its practically an enzo underneath and the enzo isn't built anymore.

if any of you jeremy clarkson fans have ever met him youll know wot a idiot he is hes regularly rude to some one i know. oh and the 1st stig was damon hill and the current is johnny herbert. im pretty shure on hill because i asked him at goodwood last year and he just looked at me and smiled and said "maybe" but johny herberts a gess

if any of you jeremy clarkson fans have ever met him youll know wot a idiot he is hes regularly rude to some one i know.
Well I'm sorry you feel that way. We all know he is rude and kind of obnoxious but the fact is he is entertaining, to most.
oh and the 1st stig was damon hill and the current is johnny herbert. im pretty shure on hill because i asked him at goodwood last year and he just looked at me and smiled and said "maybe" but johny herberts a gess
We are pretty sure perry is the original. His autogbioraphy was even named so.

r34jse
if any of you jeremy clarkson fans have ever met him youll know wot a idiot he is hes regularly rude to some one i know. oh and the 1st stig was damon hill and the current is johnny herbert. im pretty shure on hill because i asked him at goodwood last year and he just looked at me and smiled and said "maybe" but johny herberts a gess
I've met him, once at the motor show in 2000, he seemed alright, he's got a wicked sense of humour though and I know people have taken abuse at that but he certainly isn't an idiot, eitherway I don't really care, he's a good presenter and I don't know him personally so all I care about is his presenting. The first Stig was Perry, not Hill. Damon Hill's a nice bloke, I've met him twice and he might do that even though he wasn't the Stig. Johnny Herbert, hmmm, isn't he testing at the moment? Interesting guess, not too sure, but Perry did hint that his replacment might be a woman.

r34jse

He's not rude - he just doesn't have much time for people. If he DID, he wouldn't have any time for himself. Unfortunate, but true.

And it wasn't, as pointed out many times since, Damon Hill.

den brakke
That is harsh (the URL)!

He's not rude - he just doesn't have much time for people. If he DID, he wouldn't have any time for himself. Unfortunate, but true.
Well said.

I have been insulted by his comments in the past. I holiday most years in a caravan with my family and I do enjoy seeing caravans blown up but 1 time he got too personal about it. I was angry about it, but he's good entertainment. It's like hating a director or actor for one bad movie.

That was fun!

Though the royce thing seemed too fake the rest was really good.

N.B Ithought they used a disused airfield, can someone explain how there was a 747 there :eek:

I watched it. I didn't find it as good as the other two though but it was still good. 👍

ExigeExcel
N.B Ithought they used a disused airfield, can someone explain how there was a 747 there :eek:

Seem to have missed the 747, nice find, though! When did you spot it?

I found it to be a very enjoyable episode! It's always a beautiful show, but it could use more driving like in the good old days.

I actually enjoyed it because it wasn't a recycled episode. The last two have all worked off a tried and proven idea. Use the army, or bargain challenge.

I really do hope that rolls royce thing was fake........ther is no way you could do that to people in real life!

Im glad clarkson has finally got his Ford GT

Was thats clarksons real home garage when he was repairing the rolls?

Where is the ignition and inner door handle on a tuscan out of interest?

oh.......and I didnt see the 747 either!

I thought the Weisman was quite ugly first but the black one totally changed my opinion. The white DEFINITELY doesnt work for that car.

I liked Clarksons DIY skills.
And that thing he said about the Stig (Look down)

There was no 747 there, unless he thought that was the Batmobile!!!
(Batmobile = ugly mofo)

There was definatley a 747 in the background. I think you can see it from teh camera at gambon, but only certain angles. And now you mention it perhaps it delivered the batmobile..I doubt it is road worthy.

Back