Un-official GTPlanet BBC Topgear UK ThreadTV 

• Thread starter ExigeEvan
  • 10,125 comments
The #Peugeot RCZ R, generating 270bhp from the world’s most powerful 1.6 litre production engine #TopGear

The #Peugeot 308 GT, the sportier model of the award-winning 308, usually seen briefly in the outside lane #TopGear

The Pikes Peak record-breaking #Peugeot 208 T16 (no mini roundabouts in sight). #TopGear

The #Peugeot 208 GTi 30th, not available in beige. #TopGear

All from Peugeot's UK's account/ salt.jpg

anyway I want a 205 GTi

So not only are Ferrari causing accidents on the racing circuit the world over they are now being incomplete and utter 🤬 about getting their 🤬 kicked. My respect for the brand has been on the decline for a while now but this is just too much.

So not only are Ferrari causing accidents on the racing circuit the world over they are now being incomplete and utter 🤬 about getting their 🤬 kicked. My respect for the brand has been on the decline for a while now but this is just too much.
Not to add insult to injury, but those are hardly news. Ferrari has supposedly been sending "specificly prepared" cars to road tests for years.

I bet someone at McLaren's PR department is fully aware of that and just got a lot of mileage out of it :lol:

Decent episode, up until Olly Murs. He was a bit irritating. Then the Peugeot bit came on, it all seemed relatively sensible up until the 'Har har French accents and silly moustaches' bit. After which I just sat and cringed. And cringed. And then cringed some more...

And I was expecting some sort of mention about how Peugeot are getting back to making decent cars. Nope. Some silly 'They're making cows because the silly French can't make their minds up!' joke... :rolleyes:

I'm watching the 5th episode now and yup; Clarkson is already talking nonsense. He says no Corvette has ever matched what Europe's cars can do, despite the fact the C6 vettes have proven to be faster around the nurburgring than most of the Euro supercars in the same class. *facepalm*

I'm watching the 5th episode now and yup; Clarkson is already talking nonsense. He says no Corvette has ever matched what Europe's cars can do, despite the fact the C6 vettes have proven to be faster around the nurburgring than most of the Euro supercars in the same class. *facepalm*
I think he is talking about the overall package not just handling and speed.

C6 Corvette was made with More Plastic then a Childrens play toy.

I really enjoyed the most recent episode. I found it sort of amusing that they tested the C7 and GTS when there's more a Z06 and a GT4. I enjoyed the news this time. Hammond's continual reference to the Fiesta was funny at first. I enjoyed the Ferrari bit. Too bad Ferrari is too afraid to just lend anyone a stock Ferrari for testing. It also seemed like this bit was directed by Michael Bay. The Peugeot bit was funny but it was really obvious it was scripted.

I think he is talking about the overall package not just handling and speed.

C6 Corvette was made with More Plastic then a Childrens play toy.
...oh yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

--------

As for the corvette review itself and the rest of the episode; I loved it. It was a great episode and I liked the part where they were talking about Peugeot. I'm also glad that they brought up the 405 mi16. :D

Almost forget... Was anyone else gobsmacked that a "mere" Corvette was quicker than the mighty Porsche Carrera GT?

Not too much, it's just the wonders of automotive progress. :D

The Carrera GT was quite gnarly to drive when it came out and only a few years ago did Porsche give it Michelin Pilot Super Sports tyres to improve it's handling.

What did surprise me was how close the Huracan was to the time set by the Sesto Elemento, a 1.8 second gap. 👍

Not bad considering the huge weight difference and more road legal ride hight and tyres.

E28
Decent episode, up until Olly Murs. He was a bit irritating. Then the Peugeot bit came on, it all seemed relatively sensible up until the 'Har har French accents and silly moustaches' bit. After which I just sat and cringed. And cringed. And then cringed some more...

And I was expecting some sort of mention about how Peugeot are getting back to making decent cars. Nope. Some silly 'They're making cows because the silly French can't make their minds up!' joke... :rolleyes:

Ditto. I enjoyed the episode - the Ferrari bit was great, and I liked the way Clarkson handled the situation - I can understand that McLaren, Ferrari and Porsche might be a little precious about their flagship models, but as if it's going to make an ounce of difference.

The Peugeot bit was amusing, but I was really struggling to see why they need such a long segment to make a point - a point that Hammond made in 5 seconds after the segment that probably would have sufficed... it smacked of a show struggling to fill in the time slot to be honest.

L5dcbpg.jpg

The #Peugeot RCZ R, generating 270bhp from the world’s most powerful 1.6 litre production engine #TopGear

The #Peugeot 308 GT, the sportier model of the award-winning 308, usually seen briefly in the outside lane #TopGear

The Pikes Peak record-breaking #Peugeot 208 T16 (no mini roundabouts in sight). #TopGear

The #Peugeot 208 GTi 30th, not available in beige. #TopGear

All from Peugeot's UK's account/ salt.jpg

anyway I want a 205 GTi

These are all well and good but their brand is still getting somewhat tarnished by idiots driving 206s while texting and others doing 40mph in the outside lane in a 307 convertible because they think it's a sports car.

Way off topic but why i have this feeling that Top Gear during the news will talk about that white & beige vs Blue & black Dress and mention the BMW i8 they've tested earlier?

Way off topic but why i have this feeling that Top Gear during the news will talk about that white & beige vs Blue & black Dress and mention the BMW i8 they've tested earlier?

Unless they filmed the studio segment late Thursday or Friday (which is highly unlikely), then no.

Latest Posts

Back