underrated drift cars?

• Thread starter zedfonsie
  • 78 comments
The Stratos rally car is a brilliant drifting machine. Every dab of power and she's sideways. Makes a load of smoke but absolutely rips through tires when online. I managed 3 laps of Nurburgring GP before the backs were gone

For fun I like to use MR's the Dome Zero is fun to use along with the MR2. Didn't like the Stratos much but I guess it could be because I was using the road version.

Peugeot 205 Evo Rally Car: Easy to control

Renault Maxi Turbo Rally Car: If you like the yellowbird this car is for you.

Is neatly sliding around the turns of a race track drifting? Or is drifting strictly traveling the length of the straight sideways?

I guess the car I just got for drifting is pretty underrated even though it drifts like a dream stock. This car is of course the McLaren MP4-12C.

The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP :sly:. LOL very easy to get sideways, and suprisingly easy to hold it. I was driving around a custom toscana track one day and the tail started getting sideways so I drifted for 10 minutes or so. Has a nice "Speed Racer" feel to it.

picture.php

2 Wheel Drift!! :)

a raised euronus with a stupid spoiler and a carbon hood with gold rims been kicked twice due to that fact that i creates to much smoke and drifts at about 15mph on all corners except for the last sweeping bend as it runs out of steam half way round and ends up in the pits or a 390bhp civic

nissan 300zx (from the dealership)

not sure why people don't use it. I think it's mostly because it's either ugly or heavy...i happen to think it's a sexy machine and it drifts amazing at around 450hp ;)

if you are one of the people who thinks it's ugly, throw some gun metal gray paint on it and some hot pink rims and your mind will change :D

That car looks, and drifts like a charm. My parents have a 96. When I get the licence, that car is mine. But in GT5, I use the S13, 300ZX, and the Concept-1 BMW. (Rare drift car.) All three are wonderful machines. I'm learning the Honda S2000. The one thats slightly tuned.

I've recently discovered the Merc SL55 to be pretty good through the corners. Needs a bit of camber in the rear to keep it from sliding out, but it's plenty quick.

That car looks, and drifts like a charm. My parents have a 96. When I get the licence, that car is mine. But in GT5, I use the S13, 300ZX, and the Concept-1 BMW. (Rare drift car.) All three are wonderful machines. I'm learning the Honda S2000. The one thats slightly tuned.

cant u buy the bmw from the dealership? or are u saying rarely ppl drift wit it?

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65

It is very lightweight and fun to flick around the bends with a proper setup.

It is.

Nonetheless I think that the Acura NSX RM is a drifting car no one uses, I suppose it's because it has no lower end torque.

My favorite drifter is no doubt the 300ZX, but I manage to drift a Honda Odyssey minivan. Sure it isn't that great a drifter, but when I turned off driving aids, I was surprised to slide it stock around 95% of a turn

Back