Understeer in chase cam?

• Thread starter ornery
  • 8 comments
I haven't noticed this. Is there any videos you (the Op) can provide to demonstrate this understeer effect? I'm curious about it since I've been using chase cam a bit more lately.

I experimented with this. Much easier to turn in using the view where you can see the hood/bonnet and headlights compared with chase-cam.

Not sure if it's a perception thing (think I drive differently using the hood view) or an actual phenomenon.

i've been using chase cam view from the very beginning of time i played racing games.
i also noticed that i turn a bit more precise when on hood o bumper view.
specifically when i did gold the NSX at suzuka hairpin license test, bumper view made the test a lot easier.

i've been using chase cam view from the very beginning of time i played racing games.
i also noticed that i turn a bit more precise when on hood o bumper view.
specifically when i did gold the NSX at suzuka hairpin license test, bumper view made the test a lot easier.

Yeah 100%. Can't be sure whether it's actually some sort of glitch or that I just drive the views differently.

The Lambo Diablo is so much more easier to drive on hood-view compared with chase cam. Like chalk and cheese.

I experimented with this. Much easier to turn in using the view where you can see the hood/bonnet and headlights compared with chase-cam.

Not sure if it's a perception thing (think I drive differently using the hood view) or an actual phenomenon.
It's a perception thing.
The car width is roughly the same as the screen, so you can be far more precise with steering. You also have a sense where you are exactly putting the wheels, that you don't have using Dash or Bumper views.
Also, being on a level closer to the ground, you can be more accurate on the braking points than with the higher, tilted chase view.
Realised that on GT4, being using hood view since than because of that. Not a new thing or a hidden driving aid on this view.
Bummed because they took away the rear view mirror on this view on GT7, BTW.

It's a perception thing.
The car width is roughly the same as the screen, so you can be far more precise with steering. You also have a sense where you are exactly putting the wheels, that you don't have using Dash or Bumper views.
Also, being on a level closer to the ground, you can be more accurate on the braking points than with the higher, tilted chase view.
Realised that on GT4, being using hood view since than because of that. Not a new thing or a hidden driving aid on this view.
Bummed because they took away the rear view mirror on this view on GT7, BTW.

Yes I did think so TBH because I could tell that I was driving slightly different on bumper view, as already mentioned earlier. I think you get a better sense of the braking points because it feels like you can gauge the distances better. It's more natural, more intuitive because it feels like you stop when you need to as opposed to where you think you have to.

Can't explain it. I think it's basically more in touch with reactions to situations like driving a real car. You just tend to know when to brake and turn in when controlling the car yourself which bumper view simulates better than chase cam.

Back