Unfair market value

• Thread starter Ramit5100
  • 60 comments

$1 million car is worth only $300,000 when sold 30 minutes after purchase. Is this fair value?

• No

Votes: 48 56.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 37 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's almost no reason to buy 90% of the cars here, especially Group X.

To play the game you just need to do your daily and some of the single player events and you should have all the cars you need to compete.

There will be exceptions... ie. I never got a car for Nostalgia 79 so I saved for the Daytona. You may need an x2014, W08 and F1500 for those rounds.

There's absolutely no reason at all to buy any the VGTs, unless you flat out didnt get any and need to complete the VGT and VGT+ rounds.

I would also say that a million dollars isnt nothing in this game, if you play conventionally so you're better off seeing some youtube reviews of cars before you spend.

Do you need the Zagato Fittipaldi Mini Subaru Daihatsu VGTs? Stay away.

Sadly at this point theres' also no need for the Group C cars or the 2008 Super GT cars. They're not competetive in the rounds their lumped in.

To play the game you just need to do your daily and some of the single player events and you should have all the cars you need to compete.

There will be exceptions... ie. I never got a car for Nostalgia 79 so I saved for the Daytona. You may need an x2014, W08 and F1500 for those rounds.

There's absolutely no reason at all to buy any the VGTs, unless you flat out didnt get any and need to complete the VGT and VGT+ rounds.

I would also say that a million dollars isnt nothing in this game, if you play conventionally so you're better off seeing some youtube reviews of cars before you spend.

Sadly at this point theres' also no need for the Group C cars or the 2008 Super GT cars. They're not competetive in the rounds their lumped in.
Ok, good advice. Thx Tony. :)

Its a videogame do you expect it to follow logic.

I think the value should be half price since you bought it and it counts as second hand.

It should 500,000 but what you expect its a game afterall.

DAmNAGSXYAEyVGm.jpg

There's absolutely no reason at all to buy any the VGTs, unless you flat out didnt get any and need to complete the VGT and VGT+ rounds. Do you need the Zagato Fittipaldi Mini Subaru Daihatsu VGTs? Stay away.
Actually 3 of the Mission / School set races do rewards you VGT cars. One random, one basic low end VGT class (Mitsubishi, Subaru, Daihatsu, etc), and one high end (Dodge Tomahawk, Honda, McLaren, etc).

Either cars sold should be worth what you paid, or maybe half value at the very least or they should just allow you to sell gift cars. It makes no sense cars are worth so little to sell, especially when you can not sell the gift cars. This is supposed to be a game and not real life. :)

Oh and before anyone starts with the "but Gran Turismo has always been like this" stuff, that does not make it a good idea. :P

So yes I think it's unfair. :gtpflag:

The game economy requires a certain amount of credits to be drained every now and then. Otherwise your assets would just keep inflating and soon enough the credits (and the cars) would have very little value. That is the sense behind the system.

I agree with the point about selling gift cars though. And test drives would be nice, especially when you’re thinking about buying something expensive.

The game economy requires a certain amount of credits to be drained every now and then. Otherwise your assets would just keep inflating and soon enough the credits (and the cars) would have very little value. That is the sense behind the system.

I agree with the point about selling gift cars though. And test drives would be nice, especially when you’re thinking about buying something expensive.

So what, if everyone owns everything it's not a big deal and that won't happen anyway since there are cars priced at 20 million and loads of people won't even own one of them, even at this point in the game, so soon enough will actually be never for most people. The only people who own all of them and most (maybe all) cars in the game are the ones who spend endless time grinding for credits or even setting up a system that runs for them, that shows just how silly this system is.

This isn't a marketplace dependent game, what someone else owns does not effect your game in the slightest once you own the most Op Gr1/2/3/4 cars and they are easy enough to get. It's also not real life so there is no need to maintain a stable economy on that count either. Maybe if this was the last GT ever to be released and new content would come forever then it would make sense but this isn't the case. It's not like PD benefit from this system either, if you could buy the 20 million cars for real money or you could shortcut the grinding by buying credits for real money, then again I could understand why it was like this but as it is you can only buy the more easily attainable (both by credits and by winning) cars for actual money anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

The only thing that tops this for silliness is the levelling up system, this wasn't even needed and to get to level 50, playing what I'd would describe as normal amounts over a week, it would take a number of years worth of play and for what, a meaningless (to me anyway) PSN trophy. It's no wonder people looked for shortcuts to achieve this and these shortcuts helped spoil the game at multiple points of it's lifetime too.

So what, if everyone owns everything it's not a big deal and that won't happen anyway since there are cars priced at 20 million and loads of people won't even own one of them, even at this point in the game, so soon enough will actually be never for most people. The only people who own all of them and most (maybe all) cars in the game are the ones who spend endless time grinding for credits or even setting up a system that runs for them, that shows just how silly this system is.

This isn't a marketplace dependent game, what someone else owns does not effect your game in the slightest once you own the most Op Gr1/2/3/4 cars and they are easy enough to get. It's also not real life so there is no need to maintain a stable economy on that count either. Maybe if this was the last GT ever to be released and new content would come forever then it would make sense but this isn't the case. It's not like PD benefit from this system either, if you could buy the 20 million cars for real money or you could shortcut the grinding by buying credits for real money, then again I could understand why it was like this but as it is you can only buy the more easily attainable (both by credits and by winning) cars for actual money anyway so it seems kind of pointless.

The only thing that tops this for silliness is the levelling up system, this wasn't even needed and to get to level 50, playing what I'd would describe as normal amounts over a week, it would take a number of years worth of play and for what, a meaningless (to me anyway) PSN trophy. It's no wonder people looked for shortcuts to achieve this and these shortcuts helped spoil the game at multiple points of it's lifetime too.
Good morning ASH32*. Perhaps it only appears on my screen, but a few times when buying a car on GTs, I actually have the option to purchase with in-game credots or go to the PSN store and spend a small amount of real-world currency! Even the moderator of this sight seemed surprised that I had a value with the depreciation effect, inferring that I was over reacting as if I had spent real money. Most folks on line either don't see the issue, don't care or prefer not to express any opinion that might rock the boat! Lol...I do see the issue, I do care and I have my own boat, so I couldn't care less about who agrees with me or doesn't. Having said all this, those people who spend more real money for ingame purchases with no resale value, no test-drive options should be uncomfortable with the underlying economical-mechanics at work in most online operations. Even most of those players who used a credit card to buy their ps4, their tv, this game or the chair their sitting in, are so out of touch the issue of my OP. But if they had a job, they would expect someone to give a value to their time invested at work. Here, however, their time spent grinding credits, only has its true value revealed at the time they seek a refund...30% of what they were told. Spend a real $1.50 on an item in this game and return it 1 hour later, in excellent condition, only to get $0.50 back, and multiply that transaction by 500,000 players/daily, world wide and someone is making a very good profit off the ignorance of others. If the ignorant prefer to remain ignorant tho...well then, carry-on! Mostly, the respondants on this forum seem to have their eyes wide open and see the issue I floored at the beginning of this thread however, the seriousness of it varies from one individual to another.

Being a VGT you'd have to think somewhere in the back of your mind that it may be terrible.

@Ramit5100 You are correct in that you can buy in game cars with actual money these days and that wasn't even the case when the game launched and you can only buy ones up to a certain value, you can not buy any of the really expensive cars (the ones most would want to buy) from the PS Store. Also as far as I know you can win all of the cars you can buy for real money too.

What I was saying is this isn't the reason for the grinding nature of the game. If it was I could actually understand it then because at least Sony/PD would make a good amount of money out of it.

@Ramit5100 You are correct in that you can buy in game cars with actual money these days and that wasn't even the case when the game launched and you can only buy ones up to a certain value, you can not buy any of the really expensive cars (the ones most would want to buy) from the PS Store. Also as far as I know you can win all of the cars you can buy for real money too.

What I was saying is this isn't the reason for the grinding nature of the game. If it was I could actually understand it then because at least Sony/PD would make a good amount of money out of it.
I agree with you ASH32, but I was also touching up on some remarks from other posts in the same reply that I made to you. I should have seperated them. Np.
Btw, what is up with these AI drivers and their incessant desire to 'brake-check' in corners? Lol...by far the worst drivers in the game that I have seen to date!

That would be B Spec, I really miss B Spec. My driver “Buddy” and I had some good times back then. :cheers:

That's ironic, my B-spec drivers name was "hey Pal" as in hey Pal, let's pick up the pace before we get lapped!!

I am guessing anyone here complaining about the resale value of used racecars here doesnt know how much it costs to build a new racecar and how little it is then worth at resale time. PD actually has it pretty close at around $.30 on the dollar unfortunately.

Rookie mistake. What i do if i want to test a car is to go into the dealership, turn off your wifi on the PS4, then buy a car. Then test drive it. If you like it,turn on the wifi and save, if not exit the game, turn on wifi then reenter the game.

Rookie mistake. What i do if i want to test a car is to go into the dealership, turn off your wifi on the PS4, then buy a car. Then test drive it. If you like it,turn on the wifi and save, if not exit the game, turn on wifi then reenter the game.

Great Idea!! TYVM. :)

It is a big deal if you want to make a game that uses some kind of currency.

The 20 million cr cars are probably intended to be difficult to obtain, I don’t think they simply forgot that it takes time to earn credits. If no credits were drained they would probably be even more expensive to account for the inflation.

Being a VGT you'd have to think somewhere in the back of your mind that it may be terrible.

What's the connection between being a VGT and being terrible? Plenty of the VGT's are great to drive, and plenty of the real cars are awful.

The 20 million cr cars are probably intended to be difficult to obtain

I think at this point that is 100% the intention.

What's the connection between being a VGT and being terrible? Plenty of the VGT's are great to drive, and plenty of the real cars are awful.

I think at this point that is 100% the intention.
I'm sure there isn't one, that is just my train of thought. It's a nice surprise if something you assume is awful turns out to be pretty good. It doesn't work the other way round

I'm sure there isn't one, that is just my train of thought. It's a nice surprise if something you assume is awful turns out to be pretty good. It doesn't work the other way round
You're right about that. That Infinity supercar that I bought, was I thought, going to be quite impressive. It was not impressive at all. Straight line speed was decent but get the power to the road from a rolling start was delicate. I ran a couple laps on Seaside track, first curve I went in tight on riser and the car broke lose...then braking for the left turn the car was loose all kinds. Feathered my way thru chicane and could not get the power to the road as I wanted to. The car was nasty and fought me all the way around the track on both laps. All cars were the same car as mine in AI race. I don't mind a car with attitude but at some point if I can't tame it then it goes back to storage!

It was not impressive at all. Straight line speed was decent but get the power to the road from a rolling start was delicate. I ran a couple laps on Seaside track, first curve I went in tight on riser and the car broke lose...then braking for the left turn the car was loose all kinds. Feathered my way thru chicane and could not get the power to the road as I wanted to.

The clue to this is in its stats. Top speed is 8.0, cornering is 2.9, stability is only 4.0, I get it if you don't like it, but the information is there for you to be able manage your expectations.

You're right about that. That Infinity supercar that I bought, was I thought, going to be quite impressive. It was not impressive at all. Straight line speed was decent but get the power to the road from a rolling start was delicate. I ran a couple laps on Seaside track, first curve I went in tight on riser and the car broke lose...then braking for the left turn the car was loose all kinds. Feathered my way thru chicane and could not get the power to the road as I wanted to. The car was nasty and fought me all the way around the track on both laps. All cars were the same car as mine in AI race. I don't mind a car with attitude but at some point if I can't tame it then it goes back to storage!

Checking the stats does give a good indication.

If you want to look before you buy, a good place to use is www.kudosprime.com

Actually, most of the GT Sport VGT additions have been good to drive, Audi, Fittipaldi, McLaren I enjoy driving. The Zagato isn't bad either.

As for the resale value, 30% is low compared with real life but most players would presumably know about that by now. Plus, with the wheel of (mis)fortune there are a lot of cars which you don't need to buy at all. So you only really have to spend money on those cars you don't already have (probably 4 or 5 times knowing how the wheel works :lol:)

I disagree about group c but only if you drive in lobbies a decent amount. I bought 4 group c cars when i got my wheel. Its one of the most fun classes with a wheel clutch and shifter. The sauber mercedes is one of my favourite cars in the game now. Obviously for sport races group c is always lumped in with lmp1 hybrids that are the meta.

The market value of non-existent cars are unfair! I learned something new today. This game does not make it difficult to earn credits at all and you can EASILY earn back the credits in a few races.

*If you want do the same couple of races with horrendous AI for hours on end.

I and many others prefer racing actual competitive real people in Sport mode from which you get a pittance.

"Oh but stop whining, you can just put an elastic band round your DS4 and leave your PS4 on all night"

Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

Latest Posts

Back