Unfair market value

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Ramit5100, Jun 12, 2019 at 1:00 PM.

?

$1 million car is worth only $300,000 when sold 30 minutes after purchase. Is this fair value?

This poll will close on Jan 12, 2020 at 12:00 PM.
  1. No

48 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Yes

37 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

Just bought the Infinity super car. Piece of junk, handling is ridiculous. Drove it 2 laps and decided to sell it. Paid $1 million for the crap and sold it for $300,000, 30 minutes later! That...is nothing short of robbery...digital theivery! Anyone else find this to be far from logical and fair?

2. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

'digital thievery' lmao

3. watto79

watto79

Just like buying a new car in real life. The initial depreciation is huge :lol:

4. StuntmanRich

StuntmanRich

At least you can test drive a car before you part with your money though.

phil_75, CallawaySS, VBR and 3 others like this.
  5. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

You're right. Here, there is no test-drive offered and no info about resale value. This game is a joke and we all got lured into the foolishness of it. The game converts miles driven into points/rewards. I just drove the Infinity car 2 laps around DragonTrail Seaside.. that's 6.48 miles total. That equates to $108,024 per mile to find out that car was not for me. Way to go GTsport.

phil_75, CallawaySS and banckzy like this.
  6. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

I‘d say it’s the games way teaching you to not make stupid purchases. You must be very new to the game and have obviously not done your homework when it comes to research.

fastone371, Pigems and Canucks_9419 like this.
  7. daan

daan Moderator

You sound like you paid real money for it. You can get more than your original 1 million credits back in about half an hour.

8. ASH32

ASH32

Either cars sold should be worth what you paid, or maybe half value at the very least or they should just allow you to sell gift cars. It makes no sense cars are worth so little to sell, especially when you can not sell the gift cars. This is supposed to be a game and not real life. :)

Oh and before anyone starts with the "but Gran Turismo has always been like this" stuff, that does not make it a good idea. :p

So yes I think it's unfair. :gtpflag:

phil_75 and MOPARbarrett5 like this.
  9. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

I thought the Golden Rule in the second-hand market was to buy at a third, sell at two thirds. So I guess if we had an older GT version it would appear in the used car showroom for Cr. 600,000 :cheers:

EDIT - I do realise the maths isn't spot-on!

sirjim73 likes this.
  10. breeminator

breeminator

I bought an F40 yesterday, and very shortly after, my daily workout reward was..... an F40. It was like the game was trolling me. Sold the one I'd just bought for a huge loss.

GTMajarcus and fastone371 like this.
  11. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

This hurts my reputation as a gamer. /s

fastone371 and VeeDoubleU like this.
  12. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

You had 450,000 Cr. and no F40,
    When you bought it, you had an F40 and no Credits,
    You now have an F40 and what ever it's resale value is in Credits.

Effectively you're still up on where you started. If it hadn't trolled you, and had given you a Renault Clio Duplicate (for example) you couldn't sell, you'd be worse off.

13. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

Blah blah blah blah blah! Next time try to understand the OP before you hastily spew out your silliness!

14. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

'everyone who disagrees or in any way criticises this post is silly and doesn't understand blah blah blah!'

15. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

Earn 1 million credits in 30 minutes? Not sure how that works really.

16. breeminator

breeminator

Gr.1 Monza in Campaign mode with clean race bonus. It's pretty dull, though, to keep doing it over and over again, you're better off just leaving the game running overnight with something like this around Blue Moon Bay:

gts_creditfarmjig.jpg

17. watto79

watto79

Checkout this thread do get your stolen digital $'s back. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/comprehensive-money-earning-guide.387680/

Some examples of the bigger earners:

Race 8: Nostalgic 1979 Series - Circuit de la Sarthe (Chicaneless)
    Difficulty: Easy
    Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Shelby Cobra Daytona or Aston Martin DB3S
    Reward: 240k per Clean Race
    Time: under 7-8 minutes

This is the option two. Roughly the same as Monza in terms of strategy: 330/Xj13/Mark 4 can win stock (but should be upgraded to cut down lap times), Daytona and DB3S with upgrades, not sure about 250 GTO, Alfa and Gordini are useless

Race 9: La Festa Cavallino - Willow Springs Circuit (Big Willow)
    Difficulty: Easy-Medium
    Car: Ferrari Dino at N200
    Reward: 342k per Clean Race
    Time: under 11 minutes

This race can be won relatively easy with a specifically tuned Ferrari Dino: put the power at N200 max, reduce the weight to minimum, Sports Soft tyres, set up the custom gearbox so the car maxes out at roughly 250 km/h and make the suspension a bit stiffer. You can adjust the differential as well if you feel like the car is too oversteery for you, but i personally kept the diff stock, the car is manageable enough to be driven comfortably at high speeds.

Pigems and Ramit5100 like this.
  18. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

Not neccessarily...I appreciate open debate of my opinions, how boring a world it would be if everyone agreed with me. My original point is however true and valid and the only 'research' available regarding cars on GTs is to drive it. With no test-drive options, and unable to steal it for a joyride, buying it is the only solution.

Thx!

Lol...that's too funny!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019 at 6:19 PM
    phil_75 and Pigems like this.
  19. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

First PD screw us over with a rigged lottery giving us crap free stuff when they dont have to give us anything free at all. Now they hit us with exaggerated depreciation on fake cars with fake credits that dont take that long to earn.

I have had enough. I am calling the serious fraud office in Scotland Yard as Im typing this!!!

20. Majorwolf72

Majorwolf72

Dude, worse, we got „lured into this foolishness“! I‘d say MI5 will have to have a look into this preposterous charade!!

fastone371, BigJimmy and Pigems like this.
  21. daan

daan Moderator

Hi, you are currently on the world's largest GT information resource.

22. Blitz24

Blitz24 Premium

The market value of non-existent cars are unfair! I learned something new today. This game does not make it difficult to earn credits at all and you can EASILY earn back the credits in a few races.

23. talhaONE

talhaONE

Is infinity really that bad as the OP says?

24. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

I see that. Great to receive such a wealth of info from folks who know the concern I had and are willing to offer up appropriate solutions. Seems I have actually stumbled upon a site worth saving for future issues and or to help anyone else who might have some concerns about the game. Such a friendly crowd on here. I will recommend this site instantly. Thanks to everyone who helped me thru this highly discouraging traumatic resale experience!

It's a straight line car....all movements of the wheel felt like I was on black ice! That's my experience in it. Got rid of it asap.

If any of you folks want to join me sometime for some laps together, just send me a friend request and it would be my pleasure to run with any of you, no exclusions. Im in Tanks and Warships quite a bit (since 2014) but with this game, since the weekend, I am putting alot of time into it. See you out there!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019 at 11:49 PM
    sirjim73, fastone371 and Pigems like this.
  25. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

What you should have done in the first place before you brought that car, is place a post on here saying is this type of car worth buying.
    Ok you brought a car worth 1 million credits and sold it for 300,000 credits, but it does not take you long to get them credits you lost back buy winning races.
    A Test Drive before you buy a car would be good if it was really expensive, but it is only a game.

Pigems likes this.
  26. TexRex

TexRex Premium

33bunz.jpg

sirjim73 and Pigems like this.
  27. Hoopzah

Hoopzah

I don't know about y'all, but I miss the maintenance requirements. Oil changes, car washes.. all that for my digital garage. Sigh...

banckzy, Pigems and Ramit5100 like this.
  28. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

What this game could have, that would make great sense( to me anyway), is allow a player to rent an unowned vehicle...something like 10% of the vehicles purchase price for a period of 2hrs. The 10% is non-refundable and the vehicle returns automatically after the 2 hours have expired! No more situations like this one I experienced today. Yes, I could ask someone else their opinion on a car but in the end only me driving it will help me form my own opinion about it!

sirjim73, banckzy, fastone371 and 2 others like this.
  29. 05XR8

05XR8

If you haven't done the Circuit experiences, they offer on average, 37000 Cr. per sector. If you picked 20 random sectors out of all the tracks, at say 20-30 seconds each, you've got your 1mil back. Without having to circle a track at boredom. :tup:

30. Ramit5100

Ramit5100

Yep..I remember that! Plus we could let our driver run by himself and guide him, as a crew chief, thru the race. That was amusing!

fastone371 and Pigems like this.