Unlikely drift machine

• Thread starter Gee-dub-ya
  • 155 comments
Gee-dub-ya
found out i owned one last night mid race:idea:
, ended up having a great time with it, going to get some proper practice with it today.

Audi A3 3.2 quatrro,(413bhp) anyone else use anything outside the "norm"??

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_2.jpg

used to drift the JAAAAAG in prologue, haven't got it in gt5 yet but that might be a project for today

I got the '88 Volvo 240 Estate drifting quite well. Took a lot of money in upgrades, but it's definitely different.

Here's my weapon of choice :)

AutumnRingMini.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_1.jpg

Only 200bhp but 960kg! Some much more fun than my 700bhp Alfa 8C and so much more rewarding linking up the whole of the Autumn Ring Mini!

Ahh yes, your old school Mitsubishi. The tandem we did yesterday at autumn ring was awesome! BTW, I was the guy with the yellow '67 skyline and yellow volvo wagon.

may i suggest trying something RWD especially if you plan entering championships and whatever else pops up here as many/all of them will most likely be for RWD only just a idea but its a game so enjoy it and do what you like

may i suggest trying something RWD especially if you plan entering championships and whatever else pops up here as many/all of them will most likely be for RWD only just a idea but its a game so enjoy it and do what you like

won't be entering any competitions just having a laugh messing around.:cool:

Ahh yes, your old school Mitsubishi. The tandem we did yesterday at autumn ring was awesome! BTW, I was the guy with the yellow '67 skyline and yellow volvo wagon.

Ahh, I didn't realise you were on here. Yeah, it was a really fun session! I didn't see your Volvo but I loved the skyline!

Just got the JAG up and running, tuned it on norwand n then ran it round tsukuba for an hour, it'll do 10k+ on a sectored drift there quite happily :)
Gonna post the setup over on the settings board in a bit
5226498014_b267597374.jpg

Yes, correct. I just going to post a video of a single drift run. Unless you want to do another run later today!

Ahhh, I see :) I was getting a little egocentric!
Ermm, I'd love to, but I have exams in January that I haven't properly started learning for, let alone revising! So I'm gnna have to limited my GT play time to weekends for the time being. I'll probably be on all Saturday evening (afternoon for you) if you're up for it?

Here's my weapon of choice :) Only 200bhp but 960kg! Some much more fun than my 700bhp Alfa 8C and so much more rewarding linking up the whole of the Autumn Ring Mini!

That's what I'm talkin about, my exact car of choice as well :P I thought I was the only one! The balance on that machine is phenomenal, I love it. Good to see it's not one of the hideous standards.

Unfortunately it WILL NOT POP UP IN MY USED LOT, I've been waiting to get my hands on it to start focussing on drifting in GT5 but it's taking so long. If anyone can gift me one I'd be extremely grateful.

Back on topic, I've always liked the idea of drifting wagons just for the novelty of it. Looks so cool

That's what I'm talkin about, my exact car of choice as well :P I thought I was the only one! The balance on that machine is phenomenal, I love it. Good to see it's not one of the hideous standards.

Unfortunately it WILL NOT POP UP IN MY USED LOT, I've been waiting to get my hands on it to start focussing on drifting in GT5 but it's taking so long. If anyone can gift me one I'd be extremely grateful.

Back on topic, I've always liked the idea of drifting wagons just for the novelty of it. Looks so cool

now there's an idea, i've got a fully tuned RS4 in the garage :)

Ahhh, I see :) I was getting a little egocentric!
Ermm, I'd love to, but I have exams in January that I haven't properly started learning for, let alone revising! So I'm gnna have to limited my GT play time to weekends for the time being. I'll probably be on all Saturday evening (afternoon for you) if you're up for it?

I shall be on. It's going down!

the lotus elan! bought for that 'old car race' or whatever it was. just threw a turbo and stuff on it, bumping it to 140bhp and was pleasently surprised by its drifting abilities

Here's a quick replay of the wagon to show you guys how it is in action. Still pretty heavy, even though all the weight reduction possible has been done on it. I love it though!

EDIT: Here's a link to the video, because I can't seem to get the vid up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWHmynDRi4

Last edited:
Just got the JAG up and running, tuned it on norwand n then ran it round tsukuba for an hour, it'll do 10k+ on a sectored drift there quite happily :)
Gonna post the setup over on the settings board in a bit
5226498014_b267597374.jpg
You should have saved a up a bit more for the XKR,its awsome for drifting,especially with its Mechanically locking limited slip diff and its 5.0L
500+ hp V8:)

Here's a quick replay of the wagon to show you guys how it is in action. Still pretty heavy, even though all the weight reduction possible has been done on it. I love it though!

EDIT: Here's a link to the video, because I can't seem to get the vid up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWHmynDRi4

That thing drifting is so wrong...yet so right :D, cool video clip. Seeing all these random cars going sideways makes me excited to try some of those quirky "less desired" cars.

Back