Unmodified cars

• Thread starter nemosan
  • 13 comments
Can anyone help me with a list of things that you CAN do to still keep your car as an unmodified car.....

I never really found out...

I hope some one has the answer :-)

In GT4, unmodified doesn't mean unmodified.

It means that you can't enter the race with a race car or a concept. It has to be a production car. And as far as I'm aware, you can modify them in any way.

Daan is on the correct way, but you cant do anything to add HP, but every other mod is fine.

Can's:

Brakes & Controller
Suspension
Transmission
Clutch
Flywheel
LSD
Propshaft
Tires (unless otherwise stated)
AYC
Weight Reduction
Rollcage
VCD
Wing
Wheels
Oil

Cant:

Exhaust
NA Tune
Port polish
Engine Balance
Displacement
ECU
NOS
Turbo
Super Charger
Intercoolers

Dont think Ive missed anything.

Interesting interpretation, Sprite.

My experience has been somewhat different in that for the "Unmodified" series, all I've had to avoid was adding a Wing. All other modifications seemed allowed (altho' I can't be completely sure as aiming for higher A-Spec values meant not using such things as weight reduction etc).

Here's an extract from my 'diary' notes for the Premium Sports Lounge as an example:

EXTREME HALL

Premium Sports Lounge

Entry Requirements:

Unmodified Cars Only (from a restricted list)
Normal or Sports Tyres
International B Licence Required

Prize Money: 12,000cr/race
Prize Car: Ford GT '05 (Value 31,849cr)

Code:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Start Type Circuit                    Laps[/COLOR]

Rolling    Cote D'Azur                4

Rolling    Opera Paris                5

Rolling    Hong Kong Reverse          5

Grid       High Speed Ring Reverse    4

Rolling    New York Reverse           3
My first run at this was in a fairly highly tuned Aston Martin DB9. The A-Spec values reflected that.

{edit out lots of race specific notes}

Not so long ago, I re-ran the series trying for more A-Spec points. I used an Aston Martin Vanquish with the following hardware modifications:

S3 Tyres
Semi Race Exhaust and racing Chip
Brake Balancer
Semi Race Suspension
3-Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Prop Shaft, Custom LSD

{clip off about three pages of further information not relevant here :embarrassed:}.

Essentially, it appears to boil down to that you can use any production car in these races as long as you don't have adjustable downforce.

There's a strange Concept to unmodified cars in GT4.

The Buick Special is 'modified' for some reason
All Rufs exept the BTR are 'modified'

Cladilac Ciens are 'modified' despite the fact you can race against them in the Supercar Cup, which is 'unmodified cars only'

RUFs are modified, because they are tuned Porches, only they are built from the ground up from the beginning, rather than tweaked post-assembly like most other tuner cars.

sukerkin
Interesting interpretation, Sprite.

My experience has been somewhat different in that for the "Unmodified" series, all I've had to avoid was adding a Wing. All other modifications seemed allowed (altho' I can't be completely sure as aiming for higher A-Spec values meant not using such things as weight reduction etc).

Here's an extract from my 'diary' notes for the Premium Sports Lounge as an example:

EXTREME HALL

Premium Sports Lounge

Entry Requirements:

Unmodified Cars Only (from a restricted list)
Normal or Sports Tyres
International B Licence Required

Prize Money: 12,000cr/race
Prize Car: Ford GT '05 (Value 31,849cr)

Start Type ----- Circuit ----------- Laps

Rolling ------ Cote D'Azur ---------- 4

Rolling ------ Opera Paris ---------- 5

Rolling ------ Hong Kong (R) -------- 5

Grid -------- High Speed Ring (R) -- 4

Rolling ------ New York (R) -------- 3

My first run at this was in a fairly highly tuned Aston Martin DB9. The A-Spec values reflected that.

{edit out lots of race specific notes}

Not so long ago, I re-ran the series trying for more A-Spec points. I used an Aston Martin Vanquish with the following hardware modifications:

S3 Tyres
Semi Race Exhaust and racing Chip
Brake Balancer
Semi Race Suspension
3-Plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Carbon Prop Shaft, Custom LSD

{clip off about three pages of further information not relevant here :embarrassed:}.

Essentially, it appears to boil down to that you can use any production car in these races as long as you don't have adjustable downforce.

Strange, could this be a difference between regions? Every time I do a race and it says to use an unmodified car, I can do all of the stuff I posted in that list, and if I do any of the stuff in the cant section it wont let me race! everything else tho is fine.

The Buick Special is based on a modified/tuned model from real life, which won 'Best In Show' at the Gran Turismo Awards at the SEMA Show in 2003. The award was judged by Kazunori Yamauchi (GT creator), and part of the prize was to be featured in Gran Turismo 4. That's why it shows as a modified car in the game. :)

Sorry about the html mess before, gentlemen. I'd forgotten that GTP doesn't handle it according to normal conventions (no table structures etc).

As to the question in hand, I'm a little bemused as I'm from the same region as Sprite (assuming there isn't another Yorkshire in the world :D) and have a very different experience as to what the game considers 'unmodified'.

Maybe it's the cars we were using?

sukerkin
Sorry about the html mess before, gentlemen. I'd forgotten that GTP doesn't handle it according to normal conventions (no table structures etc).

As to the question in hand, I'm a little bemused as I'm from the same region as Sprite (assuming there isn't another Yorkshire in the world :D) and have a very different experience as to what the game considers 'unmodified'.

Maybe it's the cars we were using?

blumin heck another Yorkshire lad :)

We are talking about the same thing? Races that say you have to use an Un-modified car? This is a very strange thing indeed, Im going to che right now, just in case im wrong and have totally miss read or been just a dumb ass, But im fairly shure what I said stands (in my case anyway)

Ok I purchased an "Alpha Romeo 147 GTA '02" and im going to enter the "La Fiesta Italiano" in the "European Hall"

The Restrictions are as follows:

Game Mode - Singe Race
Range Of Modifications - Unmodified Cars Only
Tyre Type - Normal or Sports
Nationality Limit - Italian Car Only
Cars - All Cars Permited
Licences Required - A-Spec: Itonational "B" Licence

Ok Just added a wing and Its let me race.

Just added Weight reduction 1, Full Transmission, Triple Clutch, Racing Flywheel & 1.5 LSD. and it let me race.

Ok now Ive added the racing suspention and it let me race.

Now Ive just added Racing Brakes and Controller and it let me race.

I just added a racing Exhaust and... (hiding behind hands) it let me race. :embarrassed:

Ok last time now, Added all the engine mods inc. NOS and would you adam and eve it, Its let me race with a fully modded car :embarrassed: :odd: So why the hell did i think otherwise? what made me come to this idea of selected mods?

Could the problem be with the actual races or car selection, because it is letting me race with a fully tuned car with every mod in the book, but yet its a no modification race, ok now i will try and see if it will let me race with a pre-tuned car, if there are any italian one around.

[edit #2]

Just tried with the Zonda LM Race car, but it wouldnt let me due to tyres and it being modified, so I tried the second most HP Italian Car ive got, the Cizeta V16T '94 and it let me use this car.

Eh up, duck! I fear I may have mislead you with my phrasing and my choice of the word 'region' there, Sprite :embarrassed:.

Altho' I would be proud to claim Yorkshire as my point of origin, I'm actually from a touch further South (or more Midlands if you prefer :)) in that my county of birth is Staffordshire.

What I meant by 'region' was that we were both from the glorious PAL-land and thus were likely to be working with the same game version.

Excellent research tho', my friend 👍. It now seems that, for some 'Un-modified' races at least, you can add all the bells and whistles to your car as long as it doesn't fall into the 'proscribed' list (which is, of course, generally hidden ... cheers PD!).

sukerkin
Eh up, duck! I fear I may have mislead you with my phrasing and my choice of the word 'region' there, Sprite :embarrassed:.

Altho' I would be proud to claim Yorkshire as my point of origin, I'm actually from a touch further South (or more Midlands if you prefer :)) in that my county of birth is Staffordshire.

What I meant by 'region' was that we were both from the glorious PAL-land and thus were likely to be working with the same game version.

Excellent research tho', my friend 👍. It now seems that, for some 'Un-modified' races at least, you can add all the bells and whistles to your car as long as it doesn't fall into the 'proscribed' list (which is, of course, generally hidden ... cheers PD!).

No worrys :D There are loads of Yorkshire lads on here I was suprised to see another, but alas your not :( ahh well never mind. I agree I think that maybe the parts allowed may differ from race to race, Im going to have agander and make a list of every race that is an Unmodified Race and then check parts allowed for each and every race, obviously this may differ from car to car too (not sure) but checking each part on every car on in each race would take ages.

I will get back with the lists.

Back