Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,713 comments
Where a vehicle that's under warranty is concerned, I'd rather have an automatic than a manual.

I'd rather have an automatic than a DSG/DCT.

AWD is useless below approximately 300hp, and remains a questionable option until into the 400+ range.

It seems that most post are "over hated or boring" over here, makes me feel ashamed of myself for having car interests, probably because you guys sounds like some casual guys.

I like the current generation Toyota Avalon.
Similarly I like the current Camry and I prefer it over the previous ones.
LaFerrari is one of the worst names that a car has been given. LaFerrari Aperta is even worse. Ferrari The Ferrari Open? No thanks.
I thought everyone hated the name? But yeah I agree.
German reliability is a myth
I believe the same towards Japanese cars...

:irked: Don't look at me that way, our Toyota cars (especially Rav4 and Cressida) had to be repaired every few weeks. It still works but every then and now an issue happens. Ether that or we treated them badly.
---
I never understood why car enthusiasts hate Prius in general, it's just a boring car like every other common Toyota. I hate the 4th Gen tho but that's for being ugly. 2nd and 3rd is acceptable for me.

I believe cars like Nissan Skyline GTR's should stay stock considering being old and rare but I don't really mind people modify it.

I am doubting if I should hate cars like Spyker because of it's leather unless we have a choice to pick interiors with less or no leathers. Saying that, animals should be used as little as possible today in industry. No I'm not one of those "you're not vegan you deserve hell" people
You shouldn't hate any car for having a leather interior, especially when there will no doubt be a cloth interior option.

F Type will and should get a version that would eat all 911s in instant. Bare, road going track car with huge weight reduction and V8 with over 600bhp, also a manual or some crazy racing transmissions. Also Jaguar should avoid copying German cars.

Not when it is below freezing temps and you have places to go.

I love carburetors myself, but injection is better in most any real world scenario.

I'm nostalgic, most of the vehicles ( cars and motorcycle ) that I drove or rode when young were carby :) I never been in the situation of below zero and have to start up carby engine :)

LaFerrari is one of the worst names that a car has been given. LaFerrari Aperta is even worse. Ferrari The Ferrari Open? No thanks.

I never understood this at all. They're foreign words and are never pronounced in English. LaFerrari signifies it is the Ferrari, which makes sense because it's their flagship. Aperta sounds exotic plus it's representative.

I never hear hate for Quattroporte despite it being an Italian translation for a dull word. Or Quattro. Or Mirai. etc...

SVX
I never understood this at all. They're foreign words and are never pronounced in English. LaFerrari signifies it is the Ferrari, which makes sense because it's their flagship. Aperta sounds exotic plus it's representative.

I never hear hate for Quattroporte despite it being an Italian translation for a dull word. Or Quattro. Or Mirai. etc...
I think it's since they use the word "Ferrari" twice in the name that makes it worse.

The Citroen C4 Cactus looks quirky and I like it.
Speaking of which, compact crossovers (HR-V, CX-3, C-HR etc.) are generally okay in my books.
The thought of owning a Volvo does not appeal to me, I perceive it as brand which appeals to old people.
Modern automatic gearboxes are showing manual gearboxes are a dated concept in performance cars.
Premium superminis (Minis, 500s, DS3s etc.) are my guilty pleasure.
Cars with 12 or more cylinders are unnecessary in the real world.
I just saw one for the first time about a month ago, never knew they existed before that.

I ****ing love them. My brother things they look cheap, but they are in my opinion the best looking Honda since... I don't even know lol. My new favorite looking Honda.

It's a load bull, isn't it? I can't understand why Ferrari would do that. Should've called it the F70 because it's technically an Enzo (F60) replacement. This is by no means an unpopular opinion @TS040.

AWD is useless below approximately 300hp, and remains a questionable option until into the 400+ range.
Perhaps for performance cars being driven on asphalt/tarmac, but what about just plain driving into the mountains to ski?

-Any cars other than basic transport are excessive and not necessary

I keep editing this because my ideas for unpopular opinions are terrible.

Last edited:
  • Races cars are cool
  • Most modern day cars are overdone in terms of design
  • Muscle cars with American Thrust rims are stupid
  • The Dodge Aries is not the worst car ever built

Last edited:
I never went skiing, but I found my '89 BMW 325ix (168 hp when it was brand new) extremely useful in the snow. It was quite fun actually.

Absolutely.

But 2WD and snow tires gets the same job done without all the other assorted penalties of AWD.

Back