Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,713 comments
Mazda deserves more customers than they get a year in the US. They're such a good car company, but they're seriously overshadowed by Honda, Toyota and the like.
The price mainly I suspect.

At least in Alberta Mazda 3's cost at least $3k over their rivals (Elantra, Corolla, etc) in comparable specs.

Or at least they did a year ago.

The price mainly I suspect.

At least in Alberta Mazda 3's cost at least $3k over their rivals (Elantra, Corolla, etc) in comparable specs.

Or at least they did a year ago.
Here in the US, a base Mazda 3 manual is $18k while the auto is $19k. They're cheaper than the Scion Toyota Corolla iM with a higher level of quality in the car.

Here in the US, a base Mazda 3 manual is $18k while the auto is $19k. They're cheaper than the Scion Toyota Corolla iM with a higher level of quality in the car.
If we are talking about the hatchback version of the Mazda 3, then in my opinion it is considerably better looking than them as well.

If we are talking about the hatchback version of the Mazda 3, then in my opinion it is considerably better looking than them as well.
The hatch is the one I'm referring to. The sedan is $17k.

F40 isn't even close to being the prettiest IMO. It's either XKSS, Miura or 250 GTO, if we're talking about classics.

Rovers from 90s are my guilty pleasure.

They charge more for a rebadged Mazda 2 than they do for a Mazda 3?

Nevermind, was thinking of the iA.

I agree. The F40 looks far better.
I love the look of the F40 but I personally wouldn't call it beautiful.

Unpopular opinion: I prefer the C3 Corvette to the C2. Also, I think the C4 Corvette is the best of them all, followed by the C6.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a massive argument with a friend of mine, and according to him this is unpopular:
-You can be a petrolhead and like electric cars.

Now there are a couple of really unpopular:
-I hate diesel cars. They have Lots of good things, but I don't them

Yesterday I had a massive argument with a friend of mine, and according to him this is unpopular:
-You can be a petrolhead and like electric cars.

Now there are a couple of really unpopular:
-I hate diesel cars. They have Lots of good things, but I don't them
I despise diesel vehicles. The ****ing fumes make me feel sick whenever there drive by or are in front of me.

My opinions (which it seems are unpopular).

-Vauxhalls aren't the worst cars ever.

-Volkswagens aren't the best cars ever.

-The Volvo P1800 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

-Suzuki make some brilliant cars these days.

6 cylinder engines sound better than 8 cylinder engines.

Turbos make engines feel agricultural or industrial.

Front wheel drive is fun.

British cars are almost universally poorly detailed. Nearly everything made before 2000 (and many after) look like sloppy kit cars.

I love the look of the F40 but I personally wouldn't call it beautiful.

Unpopular opinion: I prefer the C3 Corvette to the C2. Also, I think the C4 Corvette is the best of them all, followed by the C6.

Personally I like the 1962, which is technically a C1. I'm not a huge fan of the C2 either.

I like the BMW X6.

I still prefer the BMW Z3 to any roadster, including the MX-5.

I also would prefer the Reliant Robin over the Austin Mini/Mini Cooper.

F Type is cute to me. It's more cute than sexy IMO

F40 isn't even close to being the prettiest IMO. It's either XKSS, Miura or 250 GTO, if we're talking about classics.

Rovers from 90s are my guilty pleasure.

I prefer the E36 and E46 M3s over the E30.

I like the E36 as much as the E30. I prefer the E92 over the E46

Golf MK2>Miata
None of these are actually opinions, let alone unpopular ones. They're just preferences. Several of you have even used the word "prefer" in your posts...

This is becoming less the "unpopular opinions" thread and more a "make a random car-related statement" thread.
Turbos make engines feel agricultural or industrial.
This is an opinion (though I'm not sure whether it's an unpopular one so much as one that few even consider), however it's one I'm not sure I understand.

What is it about turbocharging that makes an engine feel agricultural/industrial? I've driven some that do, but then I've driven plenty of naturally-aspirated engines that feel agricultural too. Surely such a feeling is inherent to the engine itself, more than it is the aspiration?

If what I said is not an opinion, I'd like all my comments deleted in this thread because I don't know how to contribute to the thread unfortunately. I know jack **** about cars.

I'm out.

Opinion - Fords are crap and have the worst build quality of any modern car brand, with the exception of Chinese manufacturers. Seriously, I drove a Focus SE and it felt like garbage compared to its competitors.

Opinion - Fords are crap and have the worst build quality of any modern car brand, with the exception of Chinese manufacturers. Seriously, I drove a Focus SE and it felt like garbage compared to its competitors.
Having driven a new Ford Focus for driving school, Im still left wondering how something so awful in everyday traffic was actually produced by a major manufacturer.

You should try driving a Subaru. :lol:

Back