Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Keep playing it more and you will improve bit by bit. I actually like those kind of game-modes more than DM/TDM, because they require some kind of thinking. You can't just run around like a maniac, because you know you will respawn 5 seconds later if you die. You have to move around carefully and have to "scan" your surroundings constantly. I quite like that. I feel like it sharpens your wits, too (could be complete BS tho). I also like the kind of "pressure" you get in those game-modes. Everytime you mess up, you will hurt your team. I think this really motivates you to play even better.
Uh huh, I am aware of that, but I wasn't talking about Team Deathmatch. I was referring to "Search and Destroy" and for that mode; I am also completely aware of what I'm supposed to be doing to avoid certain death, but I just don't care. I don't see fun in sneaking around in an online game for a while and then waiting for the other players to finish the game when I'm sitting in limbo after death; it's just boring in my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Unpopular Opinion

The handle on a coffee/tea mug should never be used for drinking what is inside.

If it is too hot to hold the mug, it is too hot to drink.

Mugs can still be hot even after the liquid has cooled off to drinkable temps though.

Anyways, is there any particular reason for this opinion or is it just one of those weird things that drives you crazy?

Mugs can still be hot even after the liquid has cooled off to drinkable temps though.

Anyways, is there any particular reason for this opinion or is it just one of those weird things that drives you crazy?
You grab the mug and take a swig real quick before you have to put it down. :P But no, that never happens to me. Maybe it is just a personal thing, but 99 percent of the time if I cannot hold the mug, I cannot drink it.

Well, sure, there is a logical reason behind it: Grasping the handle does not give you as much control over it rather than firmly being able to grasp the mug itself. I would suppose some mugs have a more user-friendly handle than others, but for the most part I would say it is always a little bit more safe to just grab the mug rather than the handle.

Besides the logical reasoning, it literally drives me crazy! Whether I see somebody using the handle, or even if I happen to try it myself. It doesn't matter. I do not know why this came about, or what, but it has always bothered me. I know the handles provide enough control, but I am always just sitting on the edge of my seat when I see it happen afraid that it is going to be spilled. So I guess that's why, but still I find it odd that I have this sort of "fear."

I am probably all alone on this one. :P

All multiplayer games are awful because no one that plays them plays them in a way to make it fun. GTA Online is the worst online gaming experience I think I've ever had and Rockstar keeps pumping out trash instead of making a solid expansion for single player.

I'm so happy SWTOR made it so you can play and enjoy the whole game without ever having to rely on anyone else to complete the missions. Best thing any multiplayer game ever did.

I am excited for the new NASCAR format. :)

Same here. It's only been a few hours after the announcement and people are losing their damn mind. Give it a chance. They somewhat listened and are making it to where every race matters. Give NASCAR a little credit at least. I do agree that they need to stop changing things every year though and just leave stuff alone for awhile. Right now NASCAR is SOMEWHAT in a turnaround stage for the good. New title sponsor that should bring a lot of new eye's to the sport, possibly being able to add a road course this season (Charlotte road course layout), a great rookie class and also a lot of young talent in the lower divisions, the lower down force package and so much more. Yes it's a lot of negatives that still gotta be addressed but it's a lot of positive things happening as well.

I'm pro gay rights, I'm pro gay marriage and I have nothing against gay people whatsoever.

HOWEVER, and now comes the unpopular opinion: I'm against gay couples raising children through adoption or other means.

WHAAAT????!!

Yes, and I have a very good reason for that, I find that a good childhood needs a mother and a father, the qualities of a male and a female parent. I grew up without a father, in a household full of women and that definitely had a negative impact on my development as a child.
All things in life need balance, and so do children.

I really don't think having 2 mothers, 2 fathers or living with people of one gender is the problem. I live with my mother and her girlfriend and I don't think any negative impact has happened to me.

I understand the importance of a mother-figure for young girls, however that doesn't necessarily mean you need an actual mother to do that.

Why do select few people on GTP use different fonts and colours for all of the posts they make? Some of them aren't even moderators. Some times I scroll around the neat text that extends down the page, and then suddenly Boom! My eyeballs cringe at a giant wall of orange or purple on white text written in the fancy cursive-like font in all bold.

Why do select few people on GTP use different fonts and colours for all of the posts they make? Some of them aren't even moderators. Some times I scroll around the neat text that extends down the page, and then suddenly Boom! My eyeballs cringe at a giant wall of orange or purple on white text written in the fancy cursive-like font in all bold.

Why should it be a privilege retained only for moderators?

---

It's okay to listen to Christmas music at any time of the year. You don't listen to love songs only on Valentine's Day or your anniversary; you're listening to it for the sound of the music and not necessarily the content.

- Cricket sucks (I'm currently in India, it's a very unpopular opinion here).
I don't mind 20/20 Cricket especially since it does get exciting at the end.

However one day and test cricket go on for way too long IMO :lol:

I find it's like an avatar in a way. If I see a certain text style other than default I know it's Daniel, Famine, T12, etc, automatically without having to read the username. It does make reading through many posts a bit easier sometimes.

I like it.

All multiplayer games are awful because no one that plays them plays them in a way to make it fun. GTA Online is the worst online gaming experience I think I've ever had and Rockstar keeps pumping out trash instead of making a solid expansion for single player.

I'm so happy SWTOR made it so you can play and enjoy the whole game without ever having to rely on anyone else to complete the missions. Best thing any multiplayer game ever did.

Well that and the fact it hat the biggest mass exodus of an mmo to date...but we'll leave that part alone.

Surely online play is just the same as Facebook - if you have the right group of friends it can be a blast. It is what you make it.

That's why so many people on this site form leagues and clubs so they can avoid the idiots and play with likeminded people.

I haven't played online for years so I can't say too much, but I know that a lot of gaming is geared to online play at the detriment to single player but online seems to be the natural progression of gaming.

Up until I left my PS3 I had great fun playing local multiplayer games but the downside was sharing a screen. Not too bad on a 10x8ft projection though.

Well that and the fact it hat the biggest mass exodus of an mmo to date...but we'll leave that part alone.

Oh for sure, it was awful when it first came out and only got worse. I've been playing it on and off since release day and it's come a really long way.

Surely online play is just the same as Facebook - if you have the right group of friends it can be a blast. It is what you make it.

That's why so many people on this site form leagues and clubs so they can avoid the idiots and play with likeminded people.

I haven't played online for years so I can't say too much, but I know that a lot of gaming is geared to online play at the detriment to single player but online seems to be the natural progression of gaming.

Up until I left my PS3 I had great fun playing local multiplayer games but the downside was sharing a screen. Not too bad on a 10x8ft projection though.

Most of my friends don't play online games so I typically have to rely on strangers. The few I have played with friends, we always just end up doing LAN in someone's basement. It's way more fun when you're all in the same room.

As for the league's and clubs here on GTP, I've tried them and personally can't stand them. If you bump anyone then it becomes a huge deal and you're not racing fair. I can't respect not wanting massive pile ups and people purposely crashing into people, but bumping and rubbing is part of racing. When people take gaming too seriously it becomes less fun.

Oh for sure, it was awful when it first came out and only got worse. I've been playing it on and off since release day and it's come a really long way.

Same, I stopped playing it about a year ago though had too many game I was playing at once and too much work load.

Commercials made for the Super Bowl are just like any other television advertisment, only outlandishly expensive versus any other television advertisment. The fact that the advertisment is made to promote the product or service makes it so.

Back