Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Carbonox, Jul 17, 2016.

1. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

I guess I'll go.

1. Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

2. Muhammad Ali wasn't "The Greateat", Rocky Marciano and Joe Louis were far better.

3. Muscle cars for the most part are unappealing.

4. Nutella is terrible.

5. (Probably my most unpopular) Even if Donald Trump didn't win the Republican nomination, there would still be mass protests from leftists, accusing that candidate of racism, sexism etc.

WeThePeople, haitch40 and Ken like this.
  2. Lizard

Lizard Premium

Agree.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  3. R5

R5 (Banned)

Is that really unpopular? I thought that was just general opinion.

4. Michael88

Michael88

Unpopular onion....I mean opinion #1: I think most women look more attractive with short(er) hair.

I like how neat and clean short hair is, I like practicality, most women have long hair which means standing out of the crowd a little bit and short hair can really compliment a beautiful face.

Yes, and now let the verbal beatings and and comments about how short hair makes women look mannish and butch commence.

ASSCVCCS, DK, phillkillv2 and 4 others like this.
  5. Ken

Ken Premium

I completely agree.

Michael88 likes this.
  6. Lizard

Lizard Premium

On that note.

'Hot' girls aren't attractive at all. Cute or nothing for me.

Also. Bacon is overrated. Fried sausage beats fried bacon any day.

JAHHAJ and Northstar like this.
  7. Chris123

Chris123

I'll probably get slated for this but the Godfather is such a boring film, Goodfellas is much better.

8. Michael88

Michael88

Dude, stop making my completely unpopular opinion slightly popular! You're breaking the game man.

Sonygamer455, phillkillv2 and Ken like this.
  9. Northstar

Northstar Premium

- Team sports in general are rather boring (although I do watch hockey on occasion).

- Bacon isn't very good

- Rocky movies are terrible.

- The Dark Knight Rises isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

- There are quite a few talented mainstream singers (Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Ellie Goulding, Adele and a few others), the problem is the songwriting is horrible and the singers aren't given enough freedom.

- Anthrax is the best of the "big 4" thrash bands (Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica & Slayer).

10. Boston77

Boston77

If you and an animal were injured and I could only save one of you, you would not have a good day.

Animal rights are important and valid.

11. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

Cosplay looks terrible with wigs.

I understand why you would use a wig if the hair style is way too illogical to actually get your hair to do it, but if it is possible, don't wear a wig, it breaks the illusion a little bit.

12. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

All pop music is rubbish.

13. Northstar

Northstar Premium

[​IMG]

Chris99673, DK and Boston77 like this.
  14. Michael88

Michael88

Just don't forget the animal would not save you or do first aid if you were injured. It would just be annoyed by your screams and go back into the woods leaving you there to die in agony without a second thought.

I, the human, would help you for sure.

Chris99673 and Northstar like this.
  15. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

I honestly don't have problem with this except for the fact you are saving the animal because it is an animal just like saving a human just because it is a human.

16. Danoff

Danoff Premium

Neither humans nor animals have a right to be saved... so rights are moot in this case.

(that counts as an unpopular opinion as well)

17. Boston77

Boston77

I understand your views and respect your opinions fellas. :tup: Unpopular opinion thread. I know my view is unpopular. Perfect place for it.

18. kolio

kolio

Damn you took the text right out of my keyboard!
    Sometimes ... sometimes not for me. Really hit or miss.

Unpopular opinion for myself: I like when women wear suit and tie outfit.

19. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

16-bit and 32-bit are the most ugliest visuals ever.

It is the uncanny valley from 8-bit to 64-bit.

20. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

Yeah, I can agree with this.

21. Winters Noble

Winters Noble

I can't stand Dubstep.

Michael88 likes this.
  22. Lizard

Lizard Premium

How short? Do you mean man like haircut or just short but still longer than an average guys hair?

23. Michael88

Michael88

Basically this:
    [​IMG]

Also I'm not sure about the ''average guy'' hair length, I see dudes with all kinds of hair lengths around here all the time, from nearly bald-shave to Jesus-style.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  24. polysmut

polysmut Premium

I want sliced roast pork to stage a comeback against pulled pork.

GTracerEHTeam likes this.
  25. Lizard

Lizard Premium

Fish tastes a lot better raw.

Maybe not so unpopular in eastern countries but the western world doesn't like it too much I found.

fortbo likes this.
  26. Michael88

Michael88

More unpopular opinions from me:

* A woman asking out a man or doing the ''first step'' is not awkward at all. The traditional view that it absolutely has to be the man who does the first step is outdated and must die.

* Abs and biceps are ridiculously overrated muscles and are really bad indicators for someones actual strength

* Regulations to increase safety in motor sports have become too tight

* Smoothies are NOT healthy because they contain a TON of fruit sugar and create extreme blood sugar spikes

* Clubbing isn't nearly as awesome as people say because the combination of being intoxicated and spending hours with nonsensical smalltalk is simply moronic.

* Dogs are not more intelligent than cats, cats just don't like to follow which makes them appear less intelligent to a lot of people.

* Spending holidays at the beach is extremely overrated and boring.

* Do NOT accept your flaws and do NOT ''accept yourself'', instead work hard and relentlessly on becoming what you truly want to be.

* 1992 Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman was the best Catwoman

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Johnnypenso likes this.
  27. Winters Noble

Winters Noble

Agree. Creates alot of confusion in irl.

I never got that. I am more fond of winter weather rather than sunny. To add, no one does anything worthwhile at the beach that can't be done at home other than kicking back, laying in the sun, embracing the tingle of skin cancer.

Elitekilla29 likes this.
  28. Lameonade

Lameonade Premium

Heh, who knew. (I noticed your username and PSN and thought something might've given it away)

Some unpopular opinions of mine:

1) The Pontiac Aztek is a great car.
    2) iPhones have grown increasingly unappealing with each iteration.
    3) Not a fan of dogs. Much prefer cats to dogs.
    4) Coffee (of any kind) is gross.
    5) I like FWD more than RWD.

29. Michael88

Michael88

I spent my last three holidays camping in Iceland and in the mountains and I'll probably never go back to a holiday at the beach again.

I agree. Coffee is actually slightly poisonous and it tastes like that.

30. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

- I've never dated a woman that weighed more than 160 lbs and never would.
    - Poor diets, lack of exercise and spiralling health care costs will be the biggest issue facing western civilization in the next couple of decades.
    - Most modern, mainstream, tarmac circuit based racing is boring. F1 has never been more boring.
    - Although a part of me realizes the necessity of allowing women to abort their babies before a certain period of gestation, another part of me feels that it's a major step in the dehumanization of the human race.
    - Many of my friends in the 40's and 50's are slowly dying from a poor diet and lack of activity, don't know it, and, so far, I've only been able to influence one or two to fix themselves. That makes me very, very sad..and angry at the same time.
    - I rarely get a chance to eat it, but damn it, I love roasted pork bellies!
    - People who put animals before humans have a mental defect and need to reassess their priorities.
    - Modern pop music is repetitive, formulaic garbage for the most part. Popular rap music is the worst genre in all of music, ever.
    - Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan, is the greatest movie ever made.
    - Helen Mirren is still one of the sexiest women alive.
    - Mike Tyson would have been the second greatest heavyweight that ever lived (after Ali of course), but the loss of his mentor Cus D'Amato right before he won the title is what eventually lead to his downward spiral.
    - Gran Turismo is the most over rated driving/racing game in the entire genre. It rests it's laurels on superior graphics, which tells you it's a fanbase that's more interested in show rather than go.
    - Gran Turismo Sport will be lucky to sell 3 million copies, a major, major fail for an AAA game from a studio with 200 employees and a budget likely approaching the $60-80 million of GT5. Odds are, they'll be patching in some kind of offline career within the first 12 months to try and correct the mistake of not including it in the first place.

- Diet and exercise is the answer. It's the only answer. Everything else is a fantasy and you're only deluding yourself if you think there is another, easier path.