Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Carbonox, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ASSCVCCS

ASSCVCCS

If you mean genetic illnesses that will be life threatening or severely affect the child's quality of life, then I agree with you. That risk just isn't worth taking. However, I still think that if the risk isn't that big or that the illness in question isn't particularly severe, then maybe it's worth taking the risk.

Besides, the final say on this issue should be with the people who are actually having the child. There's plenty of other options too if the couple still want to have a child as well, adoption being the first one that comes to mind.

I'm also intrigued to see all this talk about autism, ADHD and other 'disabilities' in this thread as well. I'll comment on those a bit later, but I think I need to refine my argument a little bit.

2. RESHIRAM5

RESHIRAM5

- School Formals/Proms are outdated and a waste of time.

All Your Base and Elitekilla29 like this.
  3. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

- VR looks like another gimmick and is not the future of gaming.

4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Its completely worthless helping people out whose said people arent even saying thank you, let alone giving a feedback.

5. RedPartyhat

RedPartyhat

I hate this website

6. Lizard

Lizard Premium

It needs refining but I can see it being a big part in the future.

7. wvmgmidget

wvmgmidget Premium

If you don't like it, there's the door.

Anyways:
    •Tea in any form is gross
    •Having the widows down is better than using the air conditioning in a car.

8. phillkillv2

phillkillv2

Well, all he did was share his unpopular opinion. Besides, this thread is about 95% edgy.

Doog likes this.
  9. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

A steak should be well baked.

brocktj4 likes this.
  10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Fixed that for you:sly: Tongue in cheek obviously...but wow:odd:

One of my closest friends has a son who used to act out a bit in class. Not paying attention, getting up in the middle of a lesson and talking to other kids etc. Nothing violent or outrageous, just what we used to call normal kid stuff with some kids. He went through a bitter divorce when Josh was very young and had a contentious relationship with his ex. The school suggest Ritalin or some similar drug when Josh was 6 or 7 and the ex was all for it. I'll never forget, him calling me and saying he wants to meet and talk about it, and him breaking down at a local watering hole and crying like a baby over it. I simply said, "If you don't think it's right, don't do it, they can't make him take it, Josh is perfectly normal, I'll do whatever I can to help you". I talked to the ex, with whom I was still very good friends with, lots of people did. She softened a bit and Josh never did take Ritalin. His Dad strengthened his relationship with him and dealt with each incident directly himself as he promised. Over time Josh fairly quickly morphed into just another kid, never a great student, still acted up at times but nothing that would have been considered unusual or even notable in my day. He completed highschool on time. He's 19 now, about to embark on his second year of college in the extremely difficult to get into Paramedic program. I'm not a doctor and I'm sure there are some kids that might benefit from this kind of drug program, but at the same time, I think much of it is parents and educators who simply don't want to deal with difficult children because it's hard, it takes time and it's not easy.

You've obviously missed out on a few thousand years of history that led up to this point. I think the world is less racist, in fact less "ist" than any time in history. It's only the popular media that likes to paint a different picture to boost ratings. No one is going to tune in to, "Breaking story, 99.99% of people are perfectly normal and get along really well!"

ryzno, Michael88, Akmuq and 1 other person like this.
  11. Joey D

Joey D Premium

They are real disorders, it's just that many people who say they have it don't. Also most people who legitimately have it rarely talk about it, same goes with depression and anxiety.

Ah I probably should have been more specific, if you have a legitimate condition that prevents you from exercising then I can understand. I was more about those who are 100% able bodies with no physical conditions and refuse to do anything about their weight. I have a friend who's probably 350lbs with no physical conditions, who eats fast food constantly, and never exercises, it drives me nuts when he complains about how fat he is.

Please always buy the cheapest beef possible if that's how you eat it, it should be a crime to eat good meat anything over medium rare.

12. Lizard

Lizard Premium

This is more true than anything ever said before.

If someone is making a huge song and dance over a condition then they are likely lying. Although I have seen some autistic people make a song and dance about it purely because of the way the condition affects their social skills. Once you know what to look for though it is quite easy to see the difference between someone lying and someone telling the truth about autism. Unfortunately most people are outright bsing.

13. R5

R5

https://www.tumblr.com

:lol:

14. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Took the words right out of my mouth! Sort of like how those intent on ruining steak are taking it out of my mouth. :(

I've had a big problem with cyclists in Toronto for a while now, and it's largely why I've resisted buying a bike of my own after giving away the last one in our move. In my experience, on a per-capita basis, they break the rules of the road more consistently than cars. Using crosswalks, biking against traffic, running reds; there's a whole litany of things I see on a daily basis. If I see one coming up on the sidewalk, with someone over the age of 14 on it, I make sure to walk in the absolute middle. There are exceptions, of course: if it's an adult with a child in seat behind them, or an adult with a child on a bike alongside, I'm fine with it.

I think the issue is complicated though: the appeal of a bike is the low cost of ownership, and no licensing system. But that makes it impossible to really hold cyclists responsible for anything: I've seen some kick cars when they've (rightly or wrongly) felt threatened. I've seen them clip pedestrians and continue on their travels. I think there needs to a concerted effort to remind them that there are repercussions for acting like complete knobs.

Tying into what @Joey D said about public spaces and guitars, I'd like to extend it to those folks who play music off their mobile without headphones (or even worse, amplify it with a set of speakers). I just find it so incredibly self-centred: what makes you think your taste in music is so beyond reproach that others around you should be subjected to it?

A few more:
    • "Love at first sight" is a silly idea perpetuated by Hollywood.
    • ...though relating to that, physical appearances are important. I don't notice someone across the room because of their charming personality.
    • Most people dress far too casually, too often.
    • Tim Horton's is actually kind of crap. Yep, I'm Canadian, and even lived down the street from the very first location.

15. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

I knew that was going to be an unpopular opinion :D

GT_Saint, brocktj4 and SlipZtrEm like this.
  16. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Plus music played through cell phone speakers sounds terrible as the speakers aren't that great.

A couple more...

- Celebrities don't owe anybody anything and should feel no obligation to be nice to people when in public (although it should be encouraged). If it's a meet and greet deal than yes they should be nice and appreciative but if they are just eating lunch than they have every right to get pissy if they are interrupted.

- Gaming DLC is perfectly fine.

- As much as I love Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon is insanely overrated. Wish You Were Here, Meddle and Animals are all better in my opinion.

SlipZtrEm likes this.
  17. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

1. EA is actually a cool company.
    2. USA being the free country is basically the biggest lie.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  18. R5

R5

JAHHAJ likes this.
  19. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Compared to Activision?

20. R5

R5

That's like comparing 2 piles of manure, I mean one smells better but it's not good.

21. Mrs. Famine

Mrs. Famine Premium

That's a step too far. This might be the unpopular opinions thread but that's offensive :odd:

22. Sonygamer455

Sonygamer455

Wow, funny enough I made a status related to this thread once. I thought about making a thread on it, but I was afraid it would be deemed as "spam", but looks I was wrong. :D

Lot's of things I could post, but I will start out with this one.

I actually like Tranzit in Call of Duty Black Ops II. People hate on this map all the time. I can understand why, however I actually enjoy it, I actually like the looks of it and I find riding the bus to be quite fun. Apart from all that, I don't really know why I like it so much, I just do and don't know how to properly explain it.

While I am on the subject of Call of Duty Black Ops II...

I don't like Die Rise and I think it is a hard map. I have seen people call this map "easy" before, but I never completely understood why and I find it just confusing and difficult to maneuver through. I also find the map to be so boring in appearance and just boring to play in general. It's my least favorite zombie map in the Call of Duty series

Disclaimer: I don't dislike it because I think it is "hard", I simply I don't care for it no matter how good or bad I am at it. I played it with hacks once and still wasn't enjoying it as much as the other zombie maps.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  23. Turbotwin01

Turbotwin01

I don't know why everyone hates Nikelback and some of there songs are good in my opinion

JAHHAJ and Sonygamer455 like this.
  24. Jahgee

Jahgee (Banned)

I enjoyed Batman vs. Superman as much, if not more than Captain America: Civil War

25. Lizard

Lizard Premium

I know. Where are the redcoats when you need them to take back the colonies?

Telstar likes this.
  26. Akmuq

Akmuq

I'll go back a bit on my original statement and say that I believe that everybody's brain is wired a little differently, and that is why I believe that there is so many false (IMO) diagnosis of ADHD.

I just don't think it's right for a doctor to give a child mind-changing drugs because they act out a bit. I believe that does more damage than ignoring all children with possible mental health issues.

I am very concerned about mental health and my governments apparent lack of interest in the topic, but I don't believe that giving every kid medicine to make them more 'normal' is the way forward.

DK likes this.
  27. fortbo

fortbo

Emma Watson is pretty average looking.

Liquid, wvmgmidget and Michael88 like this.
  28. mister dog

mister dog (Banned)

I think i need to immigrate to Chicago then :dopey::

[​IMG]

29. Michael88

Michael88

Unpopular opinion: I think a lot of the gay and lesbian people take their sexuality a little too serious.

30. GT_Saint

GT_Saint

Tomatoes are best eaten like apples