Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Never said what? In that statement I was establishing the fact that we're somewhere between official theatrical release and decades after. What followed was the point I was making, which is that we're much, much, much closer to the former than the latter.

Except it's not on DVD, rather that point is 10-14 weeks away if you figure the 12-16 weeks it usually takes movies to go from theatrical release to DVD.

I would have thought the implication that we're just two weeks since the theatrical debut was the kicker.
That the movie was out for too long already but whatever. I do get your point there, as the movie's barely a month since it first premiered.

Btw, I also know that the DVD release of the movie won't really be out that soon since it's still showing in the theatres. But for sure, that won't be cheap when it hits the shelves.

TB
It's a small, independently owned theater with a seating capacity of five. :P

20151122_003047-jpg.483232

img_0490-jpg.650006

Knew I'd revealed too much. :ouch:
Okay, I think enough light has been shed about your theatre. It looks truly amazing, I must say. :cheers:

Seriously.... :banghead:
Gosh. It will be no big anymore once you're done watching the whole movie already. :indiff:

It will be no big anymore once you're done watching the whole movie already. :indiff:
I beg to differ. It’s not the same when you already know from an unwanted source that something is going to happen before you even see it. Thus the element of surprise is gone and it’s not as satisfying as it would have been otherwise.

I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but there is a reason people have a problem with spoilers.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. It’s not the same when you already know from an unwanted source that something is going to happen before even you see it. Thus the element of surprise is gone and it’s not as satisfying as it would have been otherwise.

I’m sorry if I sound harsh, but their is a reason people have a problem with spoilers.
Sorry dude but I believe that watching the whole movie when it first premiered in the theatres of our town is never knowing about it from any unwanted source.

Now, I will not force you to believe what I have accidentally blurted out here earlier but I will just say that you should already watch it soon if you can because whining here about it will only waste our time.

Besides, that's just only one part of it. It may still be a part of the spoilers for what you've been expecting but if I remember correctly, I haven't blurt out or reveal each part of the story in the movie for you to be so upset about it.

Sorry dude but I believe that watching the whole movie when it first premiered in the theatres of our town is never knowing about it from any unwanted source.
I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this, but when I say unwanted source, I mean anything other than me seeing it myself.
I will just say that you should already watch it soon if you can
I'd certainly like to, but things just haven't worked out lately for me to do so.
because whining here about it will only waste our time.
Um okay? :confused:
Besides, that's just only one part of it. It may still be a part of the spoilers for what you've been expecting but if I remember correctly, I haven't blurt out or reveal each part of the story in the movie for you to be so upset about it.
Well, of course, it could be a lot worse, but still, even if it was only a small part, it would have been best if it had never been posted at all.

Anyways, let's just leave it here before the thread goes too far off topic.

Here's one, then: the world does not revolve around committing oneself to staying on top of the latest media sensation, in movies, TV, or gaming. I don't watch movies and I'm as irked by that attitude as I am by the spoiler on your behalf.

Here's one, then: the world does not revolve around committing oneself to staying on top of the latest media sensation, in movies, TV, or gaming.
Maybe not, but still, I think many can agree that we don't want spoilers.
I don't watch movies and I'm as irked by that attitude as I am by the spoiler on your behalf.
Are you referring to my post you quoted or that first sentence you wrote in your post? :scared: (I'm a little confused)

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure where you're going with this, but when I say unwanted source, I mean anything other than me seeing it myself.
Lol why are you suddenly telling me this out of nowhere just after I have answered your question regarding that matter faithfully?

It seemed pretty obvious that your tirade began after seeing or reading a part of the movie you still have to find out yourself. Yes, it might be a big thing for your 'element of surprise' the actual moment you start to watch the movie but don't take it too personally. It wasn't even intentional to affect you or the others so hard after all.

Well, of course, it could be a lot worse, but still, even if it was only a small part, it would have been best if it had never been posted at all.
Like I said, you don't have to read or see something that you still don't wanna know. That's why I already added a spoiler tag to it to keep it hidden from the others who haven't seen the movie yet such as yourself.

I really hope so. In the GT thread, we have a common hobby of playing and liking the first classic GT for the PS3. but now, it looks like we probably won't be interacting anymore regarding that exciting stuff.

@Sonygamer455 -- I'm referring to @GTV0819's assumption that everyone has already seen the movie. Or more broadly, the related assumption that everyone's on the same page with the latest mainstream entertainment media thing (superhero movies, Game of Thrones, etc.).

The unpopular opinion was that it's okay to not be in the loop on those things, including watching Endgame on your own terms.

Like I said, you don't have to read or see something that you still don't wanna know.
This is the second time you've said this. You know that's not how spoilers work, right? Without a spoiler tag (as your post was originally written), you usually can't identify a spoiler until you've at least started to read it, or caught a glimpse of it.

Anyway, it's easy enough to take a "better safe than sorry" approach with something as simple as spoiler tags. In my opinion, the only spoilers that "expire" are ones that have become relatively common knowledge (eg. Darth Vader's identity). Respecting spoilers for even old stuff is just a courteous thing to do.

In the absence of a pretty significant set of circumstances, there's little chance I'm going to see the movie. The last MCU movies I've seen that weren't Deadpool (because let's be honest, those movies are definitely different) were bitter disappointments with a bar already set low. Again, excluding the Deadpool movies, the last one I saw was the first Avengers. As such, nothing was spoiled for me.

What bothers me most has been the offhandedness that's ensued since the spoiler.

I mean...I may be in a small club here, but the first response to objections to the spoiler being a straightforward apology--"Hey, I apologize. It slipped out."--would have been perfectly acceptable to me. Though, like I said, nothing was actually spoiled for me.

But no. What followed was the apparent (and repeated) implication that the blame for the spoiler lay on the shoulders of those who haven't seen the movie yet.

Oh, and, "don't read it if you don't want to know what it says"? Are you serious?

Lol why are you suddenly telling me this out of nowhere just after I have answered your question regarding that matter faithfully?

It seemed pretty obvious that your tirade began after seeing or reading a part of the movie you still have to find out yourself. Yes, it might be a big thing for your 'element of surprise' the actual moment you start to watch the movie but don't take it too personally. It wasn't even intentional to affect you or the others so hard after all.
Honestly I was just a little confused as to why you said that.
Like I said, you don't have to read or see something that you still don't wanna know. That's why I already added a spoiler tag to it to keep it hidden from the others who haven't seen the movie yet such as yourself.
To be fair though, when I clicked the alert to this thread when you posted, I had no idea it was going to be a spoiler and as small as your post was, it was kind of hard to miss. Like Wolfe said:
Without a spoiler tag (as your post was originally written), you usually can't identify a spoiler until you've at least started to read it, or caught a glimpse of it.
But hey, I'll give you credit, you at least edited your original post and put a spoiler tag in it. 👍

Anyways, no hard feelings, I'm sorry if my posts seemed a bit harsh, I just don't like spoilers.
@Sonygamer455 -- I'm referring to @GTV0819's assumption that everyone has already seen the movie. Or more broadly, the related assumption that everyone's on the same page with the latest mainstream entertainment media thing (superhero movies, Game of Thrones, etc.).

The unpopular opinion was that it's okay to not be in the loop on those things, including watching Endgame on your own terms.
Gotcha. I thought you were irked at me for some reason.

Anyways, in a desperate attempt to keep this thread on topic:

I liked the Facebook trending tab.
People seemed to of disliked it on Facebook and I guess I can understand that, but I actually liked it. Some of the things I saw on it were kind of interesting and sometimes it gave me something to read when I was bored. I kind of hate that's it gone to be honest.

Last edited:
Have I been aware that some of you here still haven't watched the whole movie yet, I would not let slip that one out. Maybe I'm foolish but since it came out a few weeks now, I really did believe that it was already safe to blurt some, only to find out that I was wrong. That's why I kept implying my point because of my beliefs but of course, nobody seemed or wanted to believe it.

I do get all the hype of being excited about the movie before watching it. Aspects like being curious to know what will happen next, predicting some moments, if it will be like this or that. Yes, they're all part of watching the movie and it's very thrilling for many. But I never knew that even today, almost a month after premiering in theatres, revealing a thing about it would be like bursting one's own bubble in a very upsetting way for those who are yet to find out, which unfortunately is the case and suddenly, so the drama is on.

Now, I know it's apparent that I have ruined all the joy reserved for those who will still have to watch it. I'd take the blame for that but why do some of you have to act like as if your lives are so dependent on it? It's something that I have a hard time understanding. You guys hate spoilers very much, I know that but I hope someone can enlighten me more about it.

In the absence of a pretty significant set of circumstances, there's little chance I'm going to see the movie. The last MCU movies I've seen that weren't Deadpool (because let's be honest, those movies are definitely different) were bitter disappointments with a bar already set low. Again, excluding the Deadpool movies, the last one I saw was the first Avengers. As such, nothing was spoiled for me.

What bothers me most has been the offhandedness that's ensued since the spoiler.

I mean...I may be in a small club here, but the first response to objections to the spoiler being a straightforward apology--"Hey, I apologize. It slipped out."--would have been perfectly acceptable to me. Though, like I said, nothing was actually spoiled for me.

But no. What followed was the apparent (and repeated) implication that the blame for the spoiler lay on the shoulders of those who haven't seen the movie yet.

Oh, and, "don't read it if you don't want to know what it says"? Are you serious?
Oh I see. Now you had to pinpoint out things just to make everyone else who wanted to avoid the spoilers feel a lot better. Great. Just what I needed to hear. You do really have a BIG, BIG point in times like this. :rolleyes:

Have I been aware that some of you here still haven't watched the whole movie yet, I would not let slip that one out.
It really shouldn't have to be pointed out that not everyone in the world has seen the movie yet.

I don't even watch movies like this until about 2-4 weeks after it's been released just to avoid the crowd. So that goes with out saying that I also, still, haven't seen the movie.

Maybe I'm foolish but since it came out a few weeks now, I really did believe that it was already safe to blurt some, only to find out that I was wrong.
The fact that it's still in theaters, and barely two and a half weeks old, should have made it clear from the get go.

Now, I know it's apparent that I have ruined all the joy reserved for those who will still have to watch it. I'd take the blame for that but why do some of you have to act like as if your lives are so dependent on it? It's something that I have a hard time understanding.
I think you're over exaggerating a little. Or a lot actually. The seriousness of the situation is compounded by the fact that you're trying to defend something that you should have been a bit more courteous about from the get go. You admit that it's wrong, and then give some backhanded comments about it. What exactly are you trying to defend, so diligently?

You guys hate spoilers very much, I know that but I hope someone can enlighten me more about it.
What more has to be enlightened? It's extremely straightforward. Don't spoil movies for people that haven't seen it.

Oh I see. Now you had to pinpoint out things just to make everyone else who wanted to avoid the spoilers feel a lot better. Great. Just what I needed to hear. You do really have a BIG, BIG point in times like this.
Don't say things if you don't want people to talk about what you said. Maybe open up a blog. I don't think he was pinpointing it for everyone, because anyone who has been following what you've been doing probably already knew that was happening before he even posted it. It's a point I agree with, as well, and touched up on before even reading his post. This is also exactly what I meant when I said:

You admit that it's wrong, and then give some backhanded comments about it.

And now for something different:
  • I am an unashamed fan of Cherry Pie (the Warrant song).
As immature and misogynistic the song is, I can't help but bang along when it plays. I think I can say that about any other 80's/90's hair-metal ballad, so I don't think I somehow hold Cherry Pie to a higher regard than other related songs.

As immature and misogynistic the song is, I can't help but bang along when it plays. I think I can say that about any other 80's/90's hair-metal ballad, so I don't think I somehow hold Cherry Pie to a higher regard than other related songs.
I have an odd liking for Cinderella's Heartbreak Station.

How is it misogynistic?

Oh, TE37's don't mesh well on everything!

I know, this one is a right proper unpopular opinion. But faw... their voices are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Ok. Here is another one that has to do with sound. Old F1, new F1. I can't stand the sounds of their engines. Maybe it's my American roots showing through, but I like deep rumbling engines. F1 cars just sound manic to me.

Ok. Here is another one that has to do with sound. Old F1, new F1. I can't stand the sounds of their engines. Maybe it's my American roots showing through, but I like deep rumbling engines. F1 cars just sound manic to me.

Because I'm thinking about it, my ranking of actors based solely on their portrayal of James Bond--which is to say absolutely nothing of the movies themselves--is as follows:

-Best-

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Roger Moore
Daniel Craig
George Lazenby
Pierce Brosnan

-Worst-

I'm not sure I would use the word vast exactly, but I dont disagree. Much of Arnold's early success was based off his stoic silent strong presence. While I love Kindergarten Cop, it's one of those movies that is good because it was so bad. Same for Total Recall. Stallone on the other hand, could manage some drama into his characters. He is better at portraying emotion far more convincingly than Schwarzenegger for sure. I'd say both have had nearly equal Hollywood careers and success. Can't judge them otherwise though, I've not met them and dont keep up with the Kardashians, if you will.
I suppose I could believe Stallone is more humble though. Arnold seems like he might be the loud wild guy at a party that everyone tolerates because of his feats of strength.

Because I'm thinking about it, my ranking of actors based solely on their portrayal of James Bond--which is to say absolutely nothing of the movies themselves--is as follows:

-Best-

Sean Connery
Timothy Dalton
Roger Moore
Daniel Craig
George Lazenby
Pierce Brosnan

-Worst-

Hmmm... Lazenby and Brosnan being that way round... I mean, he had the meta line about the other guy, and he got all the personal loss (until the Bond franchise became all about pouty face), but is OHMSS enough of a sample size to put Lazenby above Brosnan?

Latest Posts

Back