Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
In relation to the above posts, I'm more partial to autumn, personally. Largely because outside my window, I can see the branches of a tree and as each day passes, the leaves on it turn progressively red. It's beautiful. And when it goes into winter, walking around cities around Christmas time at night has a weirdly comfy sensation to it.

Summer can kinda bugger off, though...maybe it's the bitter Brit in me, but I'd rather be miserable and somewhat cold than sweating bullets in 30-degree heat.

In relation to the above posts, I'm more partial to autumn, personally. Largely because outside my window, I can see the branches of a tree and as each day passes, the leaves on it turn progressively red. It's beautiful. And when it goes into winter, walking around cities around Christmas time at night has a weirdly comfy sensation to it.

Summer can kinda bugger off, though...maybe it's the bitter Brit in me, but I'd rather be miserable and somewhat cold than sweating bullets in 30-degree heat.
Winter only wins because of the driving honestly. Driving in snow is so fun, its like a drift park all the time. That said I am partial to fall as my, my sons and my daughters birthdays are all in oct/nov.

Big time shreddies boys?
Super chocolate shredded boys
Big city shreddies boys
Slam the coco shreddies boys

source.gif
Ferdaaaaa

Letterkenny is such an underrated show.

That's just silly.

Peeps are hatched from eggs fertilized by a blotto Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. You don't want to be around for that. Those poor hens...

The only good things to come out of Peeps are when you blow them up or the morbid curiosity in watching eating competitions with them.

TB
They've only ever produced 50 boxes of Peeps worldwide. The just keep putting them back out year after year because no one buys them.

Make that 49, I own one of the original 50 boxes. I of course cannot provide proof as my camera's busted, my phone is in a Canadian shop, and I'm posting this via semaphore as I'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment riding out the coronavirus.

Turns out my mom has a box of Peeps too. She lets them sit and get stale before eating them. Must give them ample time to reproduce, I guess.

An update on this controversial topic: my box of Peeps is now empty. In my impatience, I had only let two of the delicious little guys get nice and stale. 'Tis a shame, really.

I don't know if this is unpopular but:

One of the most annoying lead characters in any TV show ever is JD from Scrubs.

I don't know if this is unpopular but:

One of the most annoying lead characters in any TV show ever is JD from Scrubs.

Unpopular I say. JD is a whiny, annoying man-child, but it's an endearing part of his personality. I don't think he's as annoying to the audience as he is to every other character in the show.

Unpopular I say. JD is a whiny, annoying man-child, but it's an endearing part of his personality. I don't think he's as annoying to the audience as he is to every other character in the show.

He's the most annoying person at every house party who thinks their YouTube video is better than yours and won't let anyone else play anything. The sort of person who, when he walks into a pub, all the regulars who know him groan a little bit inside because here comes the centre of attention.

Not that he isn't a good-hearted person or incompetent doctor, he's just too annoying.

That show didn't do it for me. I wanted to like it because I like John McGinley, but I only sat through a handful of episodes. Sarah Chalke was kind of adorable, though.

I don't know how accurate it was, but I loved Chicago Hope. It was far superior to E.R., it just didn't last as long. Come on...Hector Elizondo, Mark Harmon, Adam Arkin, Thomas Gibson, Christine Lahti, Peter MacNicol, Mandy Patinkin, later Lauren Holly and Carla Gugino.

TB
My wife loved it because she said it was the most accurate medical show on TV.

I don't know how accurate it was, but I loved Chicago Hope. It was far superior to E.R., it just didn't last as long. Come on...Hector Elizondo, Mark Harmon, Adam Arkin, Thomas Gibson, Christine Lahti, Peter MacNicol, Mandy Patinkin, later Lauren Holly and Carla Gugino.

What's the most realistic police show in US telly history? In the UK, for a time The Bill was considered such. The whole premise of the show was (initially) about the minutiae of real police work; paperwork, PACE and procedure as well as kicking in doors and nicking slags. One episode in the late 1980s about interview techniques was actually shown in real police training schools and the show ended up using authentic equipment leased from the real-life Metropolitan Police.

What's the most realistic police show in US telly history? In the UK, for a time The Bill was considered such. The whole premise of the show was (initially) about the minutiae of real police work; paperwork, PACE and procedure as well as kicking in doors and nicking slags. One episode in the late 1980s about interview techniques was actually shown in real police training schools and the show ended up using authentic equipment leased from the real-life Metropolitan Police.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine?

:P

I don't know, myself.

Having worked in multiple areas of the hospital but, at the time, predominantly in the ER for 15 years, my wife knew what she was talking about when it came to the inaccuracies of the likes of House or Grey's Anatomy.

Neither of us is familiar enough with police work to critique it so I couldn't tell you which the most accurate is.

People who overflatter Patrick Stewart by saying he doesn't look a day older from the day he set foot on the bridge of the Enterprise: Stop. You're either fanboyishly sycophantic or in denial. I love Patrick Stewart and he does look good for a 79 year old Yorkshireman but just I don't see the need to go overboard with it.

Does he look great for his age? Yes.
Has he visibly aged in the last 30 years? Maybe not a huge amount compared to other people his age but yes.

He's a human being.

Back