Unpopular Opinions - General Thread

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 2,977 comments
Disposable Heroes by Metallica is better than Master Of Puppets.
Contentious! I had both playing this week on my playlist. If I had to pick I’d go for MoP just because the theme of addition resonates with.
For Whom The Bell Tolls is probably my all time favourite Metallica track. It’s so anthemic.

Contentious! I had both playing this week on my playlist. If I had to pick I’d go for MoP just because the theme of addition resonates with.
For Whom The Bell Tolls is probably my all time favourite Metallica track. It’s so anthemic.
Seek & Destroy is my favorite with Creeping Death a close second. But I also think Master of Puppets is just slightly better than Disposable Heroes but that is also a killer track.

Putting Ketchup on a Hotdog or Burger only masks the flavor of whatever meat said food is made out of.

This also goes for any sort of garnish as well. I use Ketchup as the base, because that's the one everyone seems to get riled up over. :lol:

Last edited:
Seeing how refrigerators weren't invented in the old age that's actually the reason sauce and gravies were invented, to mask to flavour of food that wasn't fresh any more.

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol? (Maybe it isn't exclusively alcohol and is just a dumb question)

What on earth is a dry drink?
Wine and cider (both fruit-based drinks) are the two most common drinks I can think off hand that come in dry/sweet variations. I think the simplest way of describing it is that the drink has less unfermented sugar in it; sugar in the juice drink is turned into alcohol.

Let's imagine there are two white wines, one sweet and one dry. The sweet white wine has sugar left over that hasn't been turned into alcohol. The dry white wine doesn't have much sugar left over if any at all because all of the sugar has been turned into alcohol. Either one of these will give you a different flavour.

Last edited:
What on earth is a dry drink?

A better situation than a dry glass, that's fer damn sure.

edit: On a more serious note, I'm going to suggest the viscosity of the liquid could be different and I'm curious to know if there's a general correlation in surface tension and dryness.

Last edited:
A better situation than a dry glass, that's fer damn sure.

edit: On a more serious note, I'm going to suggest the viscosity of the liquid could be different and I'm curious to know if there's a general correlation in surface tension and dryness.
:lol:

A meniscus test might get you the results to that question.

I like the Minions
I honestly do think they are overhated, when they just serve comic relief in the Despicable Me movies (at least from the clips I've gathered, never seen the Despicable Me movies yet) and even Minions 2 was still more about Gru, only Minions 1 put the Minions on full display.

Sure the memes that have Minions on them for no reason and the marketing if them is annoying but I wouldn't go as far and call them as a whole a disgrace.

I honestly do think they are overhated, when they just serve comic relief in the Despicable Me movies (at least from the clips I've gathered, never seen the Despicable Me movies yet) and even Minions 2 was still more about Gru, only Minions 1 put the Minions on full display.
With that said, I especially loved them in Despicable Me 2, like when some came into Gru's office as the Fire Brigade and just wrecked the office.

Having spent a while listening to lots of Metallica since the last unpopular opinion about Disposable Heros, I have to concluded that Puppets is just a better track. It’s arrangement and composition are superiors. Hero’s is much more ‘thrash’, and also a brilliant tune. It’s just not the masterpiece that Puppets is.
I’d say the same for Sanitarium. It’s great, but it’s not Puppets.

Creeping Death, on the other hand, might be better than Puppets.
Seek and Destroy is another hard one to categorise, the intro melody is as metal as ****.

Last edited:
Seek and Destroy is another hard one to categorise, the intro melody is as metal as ****.
It's one on my favourites from their catalog and if I remember correctly one of their first songs I learnt to play on guitar.

It's one on my favourites from their catalog and if I remember correctly one of their first songs I learnt to play on guitar.
They used it as a closer for a lot of concerts.

I’m surprised you didn’t say Smoke on Water. That seems to be the go-to for every one new to guitar from what I’ve experienced.

I’m surprised you didn’t say Smoke on Water. That seems to be the go-to for every one new to guitar from what I’ve experienced.
I should have been clearer, one of the first songs from Metallica I learnt.

Smoke on the Water would have been before it. :lol:

• The Last of Us Part II was one of the greatest games I ever played
  • Cyberpunk 2077 should not have been delayed any longer

Cars with automatic gearboxes should be allowed only to those who have disabilities that prevent them from driving cars with clutch and manual gearbox.

Anything else is just lazyness.

Anyone who wears a hat should be put to death. Anyone who wears a hat with words on it should be bled from the liver.

Cars with automatic gearboxes should be allowed only to those who have disabilities that prevent them from driving cars with clutch and manual gearbox.

Anything else is just lazyness.
I feel like everyone should be taught  how to drive manual (unless physically unable to) because it's a good skill to have - but stop-start traffic and hill-starts can get tiring very quickly, so I don't blame people for driving auto.

So many "Car enthusiast's" really seem to base their entire personality on the fact that they drive a car with a manual transmission.

As somebody who rarely enjoys driving, I prefer autos. Both of my cars have CVT.
The truck I use has a manual. I wish that was auto too.
My brother had a C63 AMG. It was awesome. Also auto.

Motorcycles, on the other hand, excel with a manual.
New Africa Twin? Even if I could afford one, I’d pass for something with a manual gearbox. I’m not saying it should be reserved for disabled people though.

Motorcycles, on the other hand, excel with a manual.
I never knew motorcycles could be had in an auto, well there you go.
Possibly showing my age as every bike I've ridden has been manual.

Back