Update 1.03 - Poll: Has the physics changed?

Has the physics changed because of the 1.03 update?

• Total voters
Scotland
France
SillyBillyP
Many here say the physics has changed following the 1.03 update, others disagree. I'd be very interested to know what the GTP community thinks.

And, in the comments below, if you think there has been a change: is it better or worse now?

Also, what makes you think the physics has / hasn't changed?

I voted no, I don't see any changes. The visible tire width has been changed for the custom wheels. I did not see a problem with the handling of the cars before and really can not tell a difference now, cars that had oversteer before still have it ones that understeered before still do. If there is a change then it is either very small or does not apply to all the cars.

Note I drive mostly RWD cars, FR, MR, RR have a few FF and AWD but haven't driven those much since 1.01

I tested the heck out of it. Prior to 1.03, cars always handled better when I set spring rate based on the inverse of the weight distribution. Now, cars always handle better when I do based on the given weight distribution.

The closer a car is to 50/50, the less you will notice the change. Drive a vette? Slight change (if you notice it at all). Drive a lamborghini, big change.

I tested 200 cars prior 1.03 and 50 cars since.

Err why is this even a poll. It even says in the official patch notes the physics have changed.

''Handling on MR vehicles has improved." = Physics changes.

You sir are very right.

Its not if its changed, we know its changed, its what and how does it affect the gaming.
Its definetly less fun, thats for sure

Uhm, GTPlanet News says it changed, the source of which are forum rumours...
I'm quite surprised at the amount of people who can't tell a difference, its a small difference granted, but still noticable.

The rear wheels of some MR cars now actually feel as if they are in contact with the ground.

The original poster asked "has the physics <of GT6> changed?" 'Has' is singular so they are referring to the global physics that control everything in the GT6 world and would thus influence every car. If the OP is referring to the individual physics of individual cars (like the MR cars) then they should have asked: "have the physics changed?" Since I do not know what the OP has in mind and neither can most others, so how can any results be gotten from such a poll?

MR cars should have neutral handling - that's the whole reason for placing engine in the middle (doh!) - no over-steer and no under-steer.

Now they are like that.

That's the biggest difference and only thing I noticed. As for the other cars I probably don't drive nearly enough to notice or there simply is no change - only PD can tell. (but they wont)

The original poster asked "has the physics <of GT6> changed?" 'Has' is singular so they are referring to the global physics that control everything in the GT6 world and would thus influence every car. If the OP is referring to the individual physics of individual cars (like the MR cars) then they should have asked: "have the physics changed?" Since I do not know what the OP has in mind and neither can most others, so how can any results be gotten from such a poll?
I was referring to the global physics affecting all the cars but I'm also interested in impressions of individual (and types of, eg MR) cars

My theory is that in order to change the physics on the MRs, they had to change the 'global' physics, rather than just the MR physics. What the MRs needed (in simple terms) was more rear-end grip and less front, which is what it feels like they have done. My M3 CSL has noticeably less front-end grip and the rear-end feels heavier, so I'm at the conclusion where the changes have been made 'globally', and this effects different cars in different ways.

My theory is that in order to change the physics on the MRs, they had to change the 'global' physics, rather than just the MR physics. What the MRs needed (in simple terms) was more rear-end grip and less front, which is what it feels like they have done. My M3 CSL has noticeably less front-end grip and the rear-end feels heavier, so I'm at the conclusion where the changes have been made 'globally', and this effects different cars in different ways.

Please note that there is no confirmation that the physics of MR cars have changed. All speculation still.

I really don't know. It could be a placebo effect. Problem is that I did some adjustments to some of my cars after updating, without testing them directly for comparison.

The only car I can notice big difference is in the Ford GT40. I only tampered with the LSD settings, but the change in the handling goes a bit more that just the differential modifications can do.

Some say big MR cars like the Cizeta have changed, but I can safely say it is still the same car prior 1.03. and no, I don't think it's broken. The car drives just fine and it responds just how it did in GT4 and GT5. The only car I feel is broken, no matter what people say, is the R8 LMS. Even the stock R8 5.2 feels odd.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of people who can't tell a difference, its a small difference granted, but still noticable.

I have been driving two cars regularly as of late for online racing, the LCC Rocket and the BMW M3 GT Base Model (both in totally stock form). I literally have hundreds and hundreds of laps in these two cars, both before and after v1.03. I have noticed no difference in the "feeling" or in my lap times. The only difference I've noticed is that there are now threads asking if the placebo effect physics have changed.

Surely GTP has confirmed this? They're not going to add something to the list of changes just through pure speculation.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...cept-bmw-m4-interior-and-new-seasonal-events/
GTP is quite explicit about the status of the info on changes in the 1.03 update. Here's the relevant part of GTP's article from your link:
"Although an official list of changes is not yet available, our
community has begun to compile a list of the most apparent fixes:
- Fitting custom wheels now preserves the original tyre widths.
- In-car visibility improved on some models.
- Handling on MR vehicles has improved.
- While adjusting power or weight limits, displayed PP updates in real-time."

I tried to drive a stock AW11 MR2 before the patch and gave up instantly, the car was way too unpredictable.

Now after the patch the car isn't trying to constantly go sideways, but it still is a tad twitchy

2, AI cars no longer lift their rear ends off the ground under braking.

Imo!

Wish that #2 would be fixed but unfortunately isn't > just done some testing in 550 clubman cup in iA . On materhorn (or roma or bathurst) every AI lancer do a stopie/nosediving now and then . PD that is so embarassing :D

Some cars's physics have changed. FF physics stayed the same (ITCC Accord), AWD physics changed (@Gedi69 complained about his ITCC-spec Audi S4 setup change) and MR physics changed. A lot. FR, I'm not sure.

The thought that the game I played last week is fundamentally different to me is disturbing in two ways:

1. I've made judgements about cars that I've driven, I don't remember every car I've driven but this impacts if I'll drive them again. So there might be cars I won't drive again because I think they are horrible when the are actually changed.

2. There hasn't been any major change in how the laws of nature work, so why change the physics model? Only answer I can find is that the characteristics of each car aren't based on things like spring rates and weight distribution but on arbitrary magical sliders that say that MR cars should spin out more easily so let's put that slider at an 8 why don't we. This is makes me feel like it's an arcade game, not a simulator.

There hasn't been any major change in how the laws of nature work, so why change the physics model?

You see, to have missed the rather obvious one, that the physics in the game were not right in the first place.

You see, to have missed the rather obvious one, that the physics in the game were not right in the first place.
I suppose that in this case they found that they had missed adding a piece of reality that only affects the performance of MR cars.

Back