Update 1.03 - Poll: Has the physics changed?

Has the physics changed because of the 1.03 update?

• Total voters

Please read the rest of the thread.
The 'patch notes' in the gtplanet news are NOT official patch notes and are based on speculation on the forum.
Maybe one of the mods (@Terronium-12, @Scaff?) would be so kind to remove the mention of MR cars from the news section? It is just causing confusion and has so far not been confirmed by either PD or proof from the community.

So indeed:

Official patch notes don't mention physics / handling.

They just mention a new car and a new interior.

They also don't mention the wheel size tyre width bug has been fixed, so does that mean that hasn't happened either then?

I hope you know that doesn't make sense.

As you know, PD doesn't give detailed bug fix lists, which means that most of their bug fixes will not be officially confirmed by them. On everything not confirmed by PD we have to go by evidence from this forum.
There is a lot of evidence that shows the tyre width bug has been fixed, including pictures. Besides, everyone who has tried custom wheels on cars with wider rear tires confirms that it has been fixed.
There is no such evidence nor any consensus (i point to this poll) on the 'MR fix' or change of physics.
That is the difference. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're not officially confirmed.

Well, sometimes i chat on facebook with one of the guys works on Simraceway (a PC sim), precisely the one which create / modify the mods of the cars (so it's the one that make the specific setting / physic for each car) and he told me that there are some cars like 500 Abarth that it's absolutely normal they do stoppie, even IRL, as the braking bias is quite unbalanced on the front...
So, the thing we can discuss about GT6 is "Cars that do stoppies in GT6, they also do it IRL or not?".
For my point of view, there is an issue about this that makes easier for cars to stoppie /wheelie.
Perhaps he meant in a simulator... The math doesn't really add up in RL...

If if the car is traveling in one direction at speed, then applies full breaks, then you need to calculate weight transfer, minus tire and suspension absorption, divided by rate of deceleration, add the rear wheels and axel weight to deadweight (no longer rolling weight), times pressure of breaking and tire grip threshold. In short, there is a whole lot of stuff happening long before the rear could lift of the ground...

If the tires where glued to the road, no energy being absorbed in the suspension or being added to the rear via transitioning rolling weight to dead weight, then lifting a 3rd of the entire weight of the car might be possible...

Lifting a single rear wheel with combined lateral deceleration on the other hand is likely hard to avoid if the chassis is relatively ridged enough.

Back