Update 1.06 Discussion

• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 433 comments
Does anybody know why it states 'Currently Unavailable' next to the 3D settings in options?

Using a 46" 3D Samsung TV.
If you mean the on track pause menu, you have to enable 3D in the main menu options first. If it is unavailable there, go to your XMB, to the display settings, and reconfigure them so that it recognises your 3D TV (it should do that automatically).

Tried the game this evening for the first time since the update.

Went online for a few laps with a mate, went to create a lobby and all my (all of three) saved lobbies had been deleted, no big deal...

Created and saved more lobbies. Opened up a room and things seemed slow to load, room finally loads and I could hear the music slowing down and speeding up!

My mate joins and the voice chat is all choppy, cutting in and out. Then the game freezes.

Reboot and try again, same thing seems to be happening...my mate has joined again, lobby music still all distorted, going to track, will see what happens...

Had a great trouble free race (no drop in audio or big frame drops), returned to the lobby and my friend's game froze, he got the triple beep.

We decided to leave it for tonight.

I didn't notice any change in physics like some have reported, but I did notice and like the personal best lap time box in the bottom right hand corner of the screen during in practice mode.

Noticed that the smoke clouds have changed to thick white squares...

Will have a play with the other features tomorrow...

I never played GT5 or GT6. OK good one. LOL

Rule #1 - Tuning prohibited = stock. No changes. That wing you added in GT Auto? It add downforce. Changes the car.

"Build to class" doesn't make a single speck of sense and when put in context of tuning prohibited, you are pretty way out as if a car is "built to class" (I can only imagine you referring to an individual specification) then that must be done by tuning. Which.... voids the tuning prohibited.

Does anybody know why it states 'Currently Unavailable' next to the 3D settings in options?

Using a 46" 3D Samsung TV.
If you mean the on track pause menu, you have to enable 3D in the main menu options first. If it is unavailable there, go to your XMB, to the display settings, and reconfigure them so that it recognises your 3D TV (it should do that automatically).

My works only by automatic settings, and there so it must be on 1080p, then game adjusts it and will play 720p x2.
Normally I play on 720p and got that "Currently Unavailable", crazy to realize how things were on GT5, always going fine and solid on 1080p, and now we still have same hardware what Game Creator maybe can assume us to have what we have now to play it on 720p to get solid playable framerate. So thing goes on better direction, on some days it is hard to get why this feels bit backwards on game evolution.

Overall, i'm little surprised by how much Custom wings option makes me happy... :D it's one little feature, but finally we have something fresh and interesting. Finally NEW addition for GT6! But i'm still waiting for the option to freely change width of the tires, to gain more grip, to build nicely stanced cars. Keep up good work Kaz, i'm waiting for more!

Nope sorry, that won't wash. PS3 hasn't changed since they started working on it 9 years ago, if they totally failed to understand what they could do with it for GT6 and need "extensive research" to add promised features then they really are awful developers.

Happens all the time. There called mistakes and miss calculations. Go and open an on-line room and go to the course.
PD over sells and promises many things. How much of that got to GT5? No, I suspect PD wrote a check that their hardware could not cash. It wasn't the first time and it's quite possibly not the last.

I never played GT5 or GT6. OK good one. LOL
Rule #1 - Tuning prohibited = stock. No changes. That wing you added in GT Auto? It add downforce. Changes the car.

"Build to class" doesn't make a single speck of sense and when put in context of tuning prohibited, you are pretty way out as if a car is "built to class" (I can only imagine you referring to an individual specification) then that must be done by tuning. Which.... voids the tuning prohibited.
Exactly. And the fact that you don't know this Zuel tells me you've never been in a Tuning Prohibited Lobby in GT5 or GT6.

Yes, I meant in the main GT settings. Can't enable it.

Can't see anything in the xmb which would need activating either.

*plays seasonal*

*presses Pause to restart*

*no menu* can't restart, or leave the race

*Presses PS button to quit game*

*gets notice the last time the system was used a problem occurred

Damn right, GT6 is still bugged. GTA V freezes, but no notice that it was the system's fault.

*plays seasonal*

*presses Pause to restart*

*no menu* can't restart, or leave the race

*Presses PS button to quit game*

*gets notice the last time the system was used a problem occurred

Damn right, GT6 is still bugged. GTA V freezes, but no notice that it was the system's fault.

Same problem as this guy? His was even worse, he was in a C63!

Wanted to impove my time on the new seasonal event and spawned in a Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, thought it was a weird glitch so I recorded some of it.

(Sorry for shaky camera and poor driving, as I was recording with one hand and driving with the other.)

I only had 3 camera veiws, and when I pressed start it would just pause the screen but no menu would show up, the lap times I got didn't register or anything so I guess that it's a harmless bug, just made me very confused at first. As I couldn't get the start menu up there was no way for me to quit the event, so I had to quit GT6 and start it up again. I was not able to recreate the glitch after restart.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Happens all the time. There called mistakes and miss calculations. Go and open an on-line room and go to the course.
PD over sells and promises many things. How much of that got to GT5? No, I suspect PD wrote a check that their hardware could not cash. It wasn't the first time and it's quite possibly not the last.
They're awful developers then.

Yes, I meant in the main GT settings. Can't enable it.

Can't see anything in the xmb which would need activating either.
Go on XMB/display/set your display and when it asks to do "automatic"setup let it do that, that's only way to get ps3 recognize 3D display, after that game menu 3D choice activates too.

No issues whatsoever for me.

Time for that new slim mate 👍

Nah, I'd rather put that money in the PS4. I won't buy another console just for this game when my current console plays everything flawlessly except this. I guess I'll just sell it all off after I'm done with Dark Souls 2. (Then buy DS2 again for PC :D )

Nah, I'd rather put that money in the PS4. I won't buy another console just for this game when my current console plays everything flawlessly except this. I guess I'll just sell it all off after I'm done with Dark Souls 2. (Then buy DS2 again for PC :D )
Yeh, that's fair enough, but my point was that no update will fix your particular issue with gt6.

Hate it when people think a patch can somehow refresh their ageing machinery. No issues here, never have been.

Awe, how sweet of you to share your feelings.

Yeh, that's fair enough, but my point was that no update will fix your particular issue with gt6.

You're most likely right.. but then there's that hope. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe, how sweet of you to share your feelings.
Double posting, please...

Some people need to understand that their PS3 crashing is down to it being either old or very poorly looked after.

I used the data logger a lot on my last play session comparing 2 same car with different tune on the same track, never had any issues ( SLIM PS3 ), then again, I have racked close to 30000km in GT6 without any single freezes or triple beep. It's not GT6, it's the hardware.

Back