UPDATE 1.06 is now LIVE.. New features are in OP

• Thread starter JohnCitizen
  • 1,256 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be realistic too as drivers generally take turns every 2-4 hours.... I think, depending on the race. Racing 24hrs straight, talk about sleep deprivation.

For a supposed simulator, having only one driver for long enduros is ridiculous apart from being inconvenient.

For a supposed simulator, having only one driver for long enduros is ridiculous apart from being inconvenient.
Please please please don't start again. Do it in a separate whining thread about endurance racing. Let's stick to the new possibilities of this patch.

I really like that the dealerships show which cars you already have now. And it no longer looks like it says "JUSTIN" and now says "Just In".

Sorry for the repeat posts. Was using my phone and the stupid thing submit the reply a million times!
On topic, awsome Update apart from the PP, I don't see the benefit in it. Should of just put in power:weight ratio. Now when I go to the UCD I have to see the stupid, uninteresting PP instead of the power.

Had the same problem with my iPod (until it got un fixable white screen of death:() I agree it's a simply amazing amount of changes for 300mb. I have songs on my PS3 that are worth more (albeit long ones)

See you on the track mate 👍

UPDATE : In B-Spec mode, in the live monitor, it used to be that the gaps would update only when an opponent cross the finish line. Furthermore, as soon as Bob passed the start/finish line, every gaps were erased until those opponents passed the finish line to update the info. Now, not only is the gap keeps being displayed, but it is also updated as soon as either Bob or an opponent cross the start/finish line.

That's something i really missed on my way to B-Spec 40. It's too late for me now :guilty: because I'll just grind B-Spec with X2010 if I need some cash.

.................. Maybe not just a replay fix? (P.P system uneven point scoring fix. UCD tick bugs.) But don't get too hopeful.

Tick bug? Could you go into a little detail please? I tried searching. Thinking on it now, I've bought several cars since the patch that my spreadsheet said I already had. I just assumed I may have made the odd mistake after a few too many beers. I better go compare my garage against my speadsheet now :nervous:

I got all excited by this....👍

I've just noticed this in the ingame manual for Car Borrowing -
"You cannot borrow gift cars acquired from the Playstation Store"

So that settles it, then? Paid-for DLC cars are coming?
Until I saw this 👎. It makes sense, unfortunately.
Stealth and chrome line and a few others.

Not that it discounts paid DLC.

Really enjoying the ability to switch drivers in replay mode quickly now. I can do what I like doing, watch the replays from the guy always in front of me and watch myself overtaking all the cars from their view.

If you've never done this, try it, it's really cool!

Had the same problem with my iPod (until it got un fixable white screen of death:() I agree it's a simply amazing amount of changes for 300mb. I have songs on my PS3 that are worth more (albeit long ones)

See you on the track mate 👍

HAHA! I'm online now add me.

Please please please don't start again. Do it in a separate whining thread about endurance racing. Let's stick to the new possibilities of this patch.

I actually think we were agreeing with each other here. The point is we want endurance game save options. No arguments or whining. I am very very pleased with what PD are doing here to make GT5 a better more enjoyable game. More to come obviously, but great so far. 👍👍👍

Not sure if this came in 1.06 or not, but I was just watching a replay of the Zonda R going around the Nurburgring and noticed that there are a couple of extra camera locations when you push SELECT. There's the normal driving views, plus normal TV camera view, plus two 'in-cockpit' views (one shot from over the drivers shoulder looking at the road, one shot from the passengers door looking at the driver), plus two views from the top of the car (one facing forwards and one facing rearwards)

Was in the game since day one.

Force Feedback feels better (G25).

Physics feel different, I think in a good way, but maybe more difficult to drive fast and feels more realistic to me.

There seems to be less antialiasing (more jaggies) like in the background at Madrid. Not so much on cars but on buildings, the white line on the road in the distance, etc. I play fairly close to a 52" 1080p TV though.. but there's definitely a difference from 1.05 for the worse in jaggies- not on the cars though.

Sports hard tires are definitely less grippy.

Overall 1.06 is buggy on my PS3. I've seen more gfx glitches than ever (flashing textures, etc..). I never had any of the glitches pre 1.06.

I had no tire sound at all on the Subaru Impreza Nurb. challenge until I restarted it for example.

I also notice a lot more pop-up or pop-in on tracks than ever before. Sometimes you get a blurry texture or lower resolution texture as a "placeholder" texture and then the full resolution texture pops in really quickly after that. I never got that much pop-in textures before.

Oh, and an important fix.. the shadows never used to show up on most of the curbs in the game, well the drop shadows right under the car, and it made it look like cars were floating over the curbs.. That issue is fixed now.

These are some things I noticed that weren't listed, or that I haven't seen talked about a whole lot.. I didn't read this entire thread though..

I love how people notice all these new things that either don't exist or were there before. I'd love it if PD delivered another patch that did noting and sat back and read all the complaints that the physics are different or the update broke their PS3 etc...

I love how people notice all these new things that either don't exist or were there before. I'd love it if PD delivered another patch that did noting and sat back and read all the complaints that the physics are different or the update broke their PS3 etc...

Prove it or BS.

BWX
[...]Physics feel different, I think in a good way, but maybe more difficult to drive fast and feels more realistic to me.
Low speed tire physics are still very wrong.
Try starting a car on a slope, even if very slight. No matter how slowly you will start, wheels will spin and the car will drift slightly sideways.
It's impossible to do that without spinning wheels, and that is especially true with comfort tires.

Light cars with comfort and narrow tires are still unable to start from relatively steep slopes, even though in real life, although they could cause some difficulties to drivers using a manual transmission, should be doable without any particular mechanical effort or slipping tires like mad.

This is a tight update! It covers most of the minor gripe I had with the game. It is also nice to see that PD decided to include the pp system as an option, rather than a replacement for the original system, and the extra setup options add further depth and a new dimension to car tuning, It is also nice to be able to tkae my whole garage to the track now, and not have to jump out to swap or add a favourtie. I seriously can't fault this update one little bit. 👍

If there is one complaint, it would be that PD, did not nerf the CLK Touring Car. Its fast becoming the noobs weapon of choice, and is CONSIDERABLY better than any of its peers. I only race the ring, and the story is starting to get predictable and familiar - CLK Touring cars are starting to fill the grid, and dominate the race results. Something needs to be done, because there is an obvious difference in its performance, than any car in its class, and for that matter, than any in a couple of classes above! 👍

BWX
Force Feedback feels better (G25).

Physics feel different, I think in a good way, but maybe more difficult to drive fast and feels more realistic to me.

I also thought G27 felt different. I actually noticed when I would get if the road and back on my GT500 cars FFB was sift and you could tell the tires lost grip. When the dirt wore off it seems the FFB it tighter and precise. Which it should.

The level 21 NASCAR challenge has been changed.

You can no longer set the ABS lower than 1 to bypass the ASM. It definitely makes it more challenging.

The Daytona laps were the most difficult in my opinion. It's all about the draft now.

The level 21 NASCAR challenge has been changed.

You can no longer set the ABS lower than 1 to bypass the ASM. It definitely makes it more challenging.

The Daytona laps were the most difficult in my opinion. It's all about the draft now.

Well thank God I already Golded all of them.

I'm loving the new update. Good all around except...

I gotta convert my tracks, which means they won't be the same, which means I just gotta delete all of them an start over. >:/

Oh, and I swear the shadows are different on Le Sarthe, mainly along the musaline (however you spell it) straight. Maybe they just changed the time of day. I was on the Dream Car championship by the way.

So GT5's release was rushed and full of bugs, so they update it with patches that are also rushed and full of bugs, so they will update the patches with new patches!! :crazy:

Brilliant!

PD should give a talk on "Quality Control and its importance on software development" :lol:

I feel bad for PD's lose-lose situation. One of the discussions before the game was in stores was people requesting PD to release the game as soon as possible and fix it later on through update patches. Now that there's been all this update, I hear this.
And if they don't release the game back when they did (to make the game as flawless as possible), there would be people complaining on the game taking too long.

Thing is, with PD's case... they don't exactly have the biggest number of staff or outside resources. If they are to make a game quicker than what they can manage, of course there would be imperfections. The world is made up of "trade-offs." There are rarely a situation where it's win-win. The last thing we should do is criticize them on "quality control" when they're trying their best to update the game and minimizing the glitches.

Today I finally tested Performance Points online. For the first time I've experienced close and fun races! (I've also been lucky by finding a room full of good mannered japanese people and were able to do multiple races with 13-16 people together at once with a 350 pp limit)

However there are some very annoying flaws:
- Tires aren't taken into account in PP calculation. This is very wrong. Same for all other upgrades that increase performance.
- Cars with ballast and power limiter enabled should be immediately recognizable in the car list, because handicaps are retained between each session while they are often added on a temporary basis. There should also be a button to instantly remove handicaps to all cars.
- Adding ballast weight is a very s-l-o-w process. On the other hand, limiting power is much faster.
- Performance Points and engine power should at the very least be listed together. Or PD should make car specifications (including gears, etc) immediately verifiable. On fast tracks such as SSR7 more than PP, it's peak power that counts and make me want to quickly check both PP and HP.

Just found out the S13's interior gauges are fixed. The tachometer no longer thinks it's a speedometer. :D

This is a tight update! It covers most of the minor gripe I had with the game. It is also nice to see that PD decided to include the pp system as an option, rather than a replacement for the original system, and the extra setup options add further depth and a new dimension to car tuning, It is also nice to be able to tkae my whole garage to the track now, and not have to jump out to swap or add a favourtie. I seriously can't fault this update one little bit. 👍

If there is one complaint, it would be that PD, did not nerf the CLK Touring Car. Its fast becoming the noobs weapon of choice, and is CONSIDERABLY better than any of its peers. I only race the ring, and the story is starting to get predictable and familiar - CLK Touring cars are starting to fill the grid, and dominate the race results. Something needs to be done, because there is an obvious difference in its performance, than any car in its class, and for that matter, than any in a couple of classes above! 👍
This,this and this!the story off the CLK Touring in the Nurb' needs to be fixed.I drive on the Green Hell the most of time(with Le Sarthe and Suzuka)it seems like every body use that buggy car!When I participate in those lobby Supergt vs DTM you will see that every body choose the CLK Touring :grumpy: this car is buggy because it outperforms every other car of the same category like the TT Touring car.I drive it a couple of time and I can confirm that the the physics of this car are unrealistic,it has to much grip:tdown:Please PD fix this buggy car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back