UPDATE 1.06 is now LIVE.. New features are in OP

• Thread starter JohnCitizen
  • 1,256 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without going through all these pages, it's probably been mentioned, but I just noticed you can now change the wheels on the RM cars as well as paint them.

As someone has mentioned before, we could do that since day one. However, not all RM's we could. Which RM did you notice that it was possible to change and color them on? It might be the one that we couldn't do before.

Thanks bwx. I went through a ton of pages but 60 is alot. Istopped reading when bickering started earlier on

All and all some great refinments but I'm not sure it really resparks my interest considering there isn't much/any new single player content.

It's almost like this is a beta to a fully online game because these sort of refinement should have come much sooner...

I was also excited for remote racing but of my 20 friends (most stoped playing now) don't have shared b spec racers...

I doen't mean to be synical but I hoped for more "stuff" that might attract my friends back...

All and all some great refinments but I'm not sure it really resparks my interest considering there isn't much/any new single player content.

It's almost like this is a beta to a fully online game because these sort of refinement should have come much sooner...

I was also excited for remote racing but of my 20 friends (most stoped playing now) don't have shared b spec racers...

I doen't mean to be synical but I hoped for more "stuff" that might attract my friends back...

If you check out the b-spec forum you will find tons of people looking for friend requests and sharing drivers.

Very nice patch !

Only 1 thing they forgot (except the endurance save option everyone talked about)

We still cant rewind and fast forward replays ??

It would be SOOO much better for the photo mode. I mean, theres so many AWSOME shot i missed for many reason :

Didnt press start at the good time, have to restart the race.

You remember a cool moment in a very long race.. Do you really want to watch ALL of it just for 1 picture ?? (like endurance for example)

You think it was better afterall 2 seconde before.. cant go back unless you watch the entire replay over and over...

We've always received paint chips. It's just now, they actually tell us that they've come in.

I haven't updated to 1.05. Is there a problem updating directly to 1.06 -- i.e. does each successive update contain the previous updates' fixes? T'anx!

Didn't see it mentioned in the several dozen pages I've read here, but the credit rewards for the license tests are gone completely,

and the tests where you have to come from last to first are stupid easy now. :(

After a few months of struggling to get silvers on these final tests, and the S license, I've just sat here and got gold on them all within an hour.

I'm happy to have them out of the way, but I feel like some sort of achievement has been taken from me.

I haven't updated to 1.05. Is there a problem updating directly to 1.06 -- i.e. does each successive update contain the previous updates' fixes? T'anx!

It'll download anything you need from v1.05. You shouldn't have any trouble there.

[Correction of Issues]
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit

Ok, now the sound when replacing the exhaust system will change, but ...
the noise and the screeching of tires disappears !!! :grumpy:

Fixed a problem, another one comes..

Man, I'd love to have internet on my PS3 and be able to download the patch. :(

I still play version 1.00, because I can't go online with my PS3 (my connection is too slow)... at least now my friends aren't winning more Credits than I do driving the American Champoinsship anymore... :P (I know they get more experience, but I don't care if my level is raising fast or slow, I just want to enjoy driving my dream cars in GT5 and drive the American Championsship now and then to get some money).

Is anybody else out there, who knows how ****ing boring it is playing PS3 offline, without online races, without patches, without having PSN, ... ?

Man, I'd love to have internet on my PS3 and be able to download the patch. :(

I still play version 1.00, because I can't go online with my PS3 (my connection is too slow)... at least now my friends aren't winning more Credits than I do driving the American Champoinsship anymore... :P (I know they get more experience, but I don't care if my level is raising fast or slow, I just want to enjoy driving my dream cars in GT5 and drive the American Championsship now and then to get some money).

Is anybody else out there, who knows how ****ing boring it is playing PS3 offline, without online races, without patches, without having PSN, ... ?

I think you can download the updates on a PC and copy them across?

A quick google shows up this:
http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn

But I've no idea how risky it is to do...do some more googling to see how safe it is if you want to try it.

Okay, I'm going to add my two-cents on 1.06. Have to say I'm not overly-impressed.

First of all, the Standards look a lot better in many cases. That's one of the few things I've liked. Have yet to try out remote racing so the jury's still out on that one.

My main gripes are thus:
1 - Why the hell has EVERY SINGLE RACE been changed to a Rolling start? Call me a noob/bad driver if you will, but I fail to see why the city courses and stuff like Autumn-Ring Mini need rolling starts. Every race I have every seen, on TV and in real life, have been grid starts. They felt more realistic. Especially as, I think others have pointed out, the cars are never that far apart in real rolling starts. The Polyphony Digital Cup (specifically at Madrid) used to be my final acid test for 'project' cars and the like. Not any more, especially with 'That One Car' (the one that instantly smashes into the lead) almost always on pole. Of course this may not bother the rest of you, but it bothers me because my favourite way of keeping the game interesting was taking underpowered cars to the big races and often pulling up decent results. And also, the small 'movie' before every race? Gets very boring.

2) Reduced credit rewards. Some might enjoy spending their lives grinding to get anywhere. I don't. Sorry. If that makes me a noob then so be it.

3)The AI. Still appalling. They will gleefully club together and shove you off the track, but never race against one another at all. Races are either irritatingly difficult or stupidly easy and thus boring. And how the hell to they always manage the perfect racing line? I only occasionally get exciting scraps that resemble real-life racing.

I think you can download the updates on a PC and copy them across?

A quick google shows up this:
http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn

But I've no idea how risky it is to do...do some more googling to see how safe it is if you want to try it.

That could be a possible way, but there's no 'official' internet site that offers to download the patch... I'll search some, thanks for the link.

Why not just drop in on a friend with a good internet connection and download it THERE?

Good idea, also thought about that, actually wanted to do it last weekend, but the guy I wanted to meet with was ill. Will do it this or the next weekend, at least I hope.
But that doesn't helps me much, I can download and install the patch, but I can't use the online races option when I'm back at home, I even can't open the online dealer ship without an internet connection... GT TV and other things also won't be available.
Of course I'll register on PSN then, but well... I can't use it. -.-

I hope I'll get a faster internet connection in some time... I asked my parents almost every day. :D

To improve fps, is my guess (Kaz stated previously that standing starts took a bad fps hit)

Weird, though... I don't honestly recall a single thread griping about the frame hit.

Kaz wastes precious man/hours on 🤬 that no-one gives a rat's about, but Endurance saves or a few hundred more A-Spec races with reward cars (why grind for them if you can RACE for them!), get completely ignored... :crazy:

I give up :rolleyes:

I'm just gonna add my displeasure about not having endurance saves here.....and everywhere else it fits until they finally come to their senses.

I did the 4h Nurb endurance yesterday, in a Subaru RM, and when I went into to Pits, my team was waiting for me in Subaru suits, I can't remember if that was the case pre-1.06. was it?

More than once certain entire sounds in a race are gone. A couple days after the update I noticed that in a race around Nuburg that my 2010 (sedan) Impreza's tire sound were gone completely. I restarted the race a few times, same problem. I had to end race, go to main menu, then start race again for tire sounds to work again.

Yesterday I was in a b-spec race and one of the ai cars - it was an RX-8 prototype LM Car with 787B paint job had NO exhaust sound at all. I could hear the engine and gears whine clearly, but from any view there was no muffler/exhaust sound at all.

This bug where a specific sound will be gone has only ever happened in GT5 since 1.06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then place it in the 1.07 thread, perhaps? ;)

RE-EDIT: Closed, as Update 1.07 is now live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back