Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

My two cents on the physics thing... Took me about 15 attempts to get in a clean lap without loosing the back end under braking at the end of Conrod at Bathurst in the Z4 GT3, to me this seemed really noticeable because i've prviously defended the handling of this car against such criticism.

See this is the problem. People imagine changes. I too have taken the Z4 GT3 around bathurst before this patch and was shocked at how bad it was. It is almost impossible to break in a straight line. It is the same as it always has been.

@praiano63 said there was no changes to the physics, though.

As much as I respect praiano and all his tuning knowledge, the buck does not stop with him. I can think of at least 5 other people off the top of my head, along with myself, that think otherwise. Not saying I'm right or he is wrong, but the point I'm trying to make is that unless its in the changelog, physic changes is just going to be a subjective opinion at best, unless we have some hard, concrete evidence. Just because a well respected member says something or gives his opinion does not make it true. 👍 Again, no disrespect to the man as he is a good friend of mine and has taught me a lot in the past, I just don't think its a good idea to start taking opinions as fact as far as physic changes go. I hope you understand where I'm coming from. :cheers:

i also believe the physics have changed, could it be that all who have noticed the change are ringers? i do 95% of my gt6 driving on the ring and when anything is different i really feel it

everyone who has tested the physics and has said it feels the same don't seem to be testing on the ring not sure if there is sime kind of correlation here

has the ring itself maybe changed?
are there corners on the ring that are more pronounce to the physics change?

This one have maybe im wrong...

Attachments

• 20140409_030347.jpg
    20140409_030347.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 6
See this is the problem. People imagine changes. I too have taken the Z4 GT3 around bathurst before this patch and was shocked at how bad it was. It is almost impossible to break in a straight line. It is the same as it always has been.

my first post ^-^

it's not the physics, it's the saved setting of abs that is broken, explanation will be long

since saturday, i try to find the best GT3 for an event
on sunday, i was in the process of setting the brake bias without abs (online lobby)
finally found the good ones for R8 lms ultra phoenix team, Z4 GT3 and sls amg GT3
maybe i left the R8 without abs before logging off

On monday i connected to the racing friends lobby to compare with them,
i took the sls amg and did a few runs, it was good like on sunday
i took the R8 found it hard to drive, spun over in each corner, so looked the abs, was on 0, set it up to 1 and was back to ok
i then took the Z4, looked the abs, was on 1, ok, fine let's go
found it hard to drive, lot's of spins, abs was on 1 (didn't changed it) tryed some tunes, was disgusted and hard powered off the ps3

yesterday, i gave it a try again
back to the R8, set the abs to 1, everything is fine
climbed up in the Z4, still the same problem, abs on 1, double spin effect when braking and i noticed wheel locks
"maybe the abs is now more sensitive ?" and decided to play with it
so back on abs 0 to have a look, same effect, back on abs 1, wooowwww the car is stable when braking now ....
took the R8 again, wtf, spins when breaking are back ????
abs was back to 0 ...

i'm quiet sure before the update, when you changed abs setting on a car and used an other one in the same server (lobby) session, it will remains.
But now, for sure, it goes back to the value it had when entering the server (lobby)
Why the Z4 had the effect of abs 0 despite setting on 1 and fixed it by doing a lap on abs 0 and then moving it back to 1 is still a mistery
sls didn't suffered of such a problem

Last edited:

Yes, it is frustratingly unquantifiable since I didn't keep any replays of my previous timed runs in the Z4 - in the absence of the data logger I was only recording times in a spreadsheet. My Z4 time (once I'd gotten a clean lap in) was similar (though slower) to previous, with the probable exception of rolling off the power straight after the right hander into the Chase to give myself more time to ease on to the brakes. However, I then tried the Yellowhat GTR and knocked nearly two seconds off my previous best in that car, all of which seems to have come from carrying more speed across the top of the mountain, and at the Elbow and the 2 or 3 corners before it.

.. like I say, I don't play enough these days to be confident. But, it felt like I'd stepped into a different car in both cases, the Z4 for the worse, and the GTR for the better.

my first post ^-^

it's not the physics, it's the saved setting of abs that is broken, explanation will be long

since saturday, i try to find the best GT3 for an event
on sunday, i was in the process of setting the brake bias without abs (online lobby)
finally found the good ones for R8 lms ultra phoenix team, Z4 GT3 and sls amg GT3
maybe i left the R8 without abs before logging off

On monday i connected to the racing friends lobby to compare with them,
i took the sls amg and did a few runs, it was good like on sunday
i took the R8 found it hard to drive, spun over in each corner, so looked the abs, was on 0, set it up to 1 and was back to ok
i then took the Z4, looked the abs, was on 1, ok, fine let's go
found it hard to drive, lot's of spins, abs was on 1 (didn't changed it) tryed some tunes, was disgusted and hard powered off the ps3

yesterday, i gave it a try again
back to the R8, set the abs to 1, everything is fine
climbed up in the Z4, still the same problem, abs on 1, double spin effect when braking and i noticed wheel locks
"maybe the abs is now more sensitive ?" and decided to play with it
so back on abs 0 to have a look, same effect, back on abs 1, wooowwww the car is stable when braking now ....
took the R8 again, wtf, spins when breaking are back ????
abs was back to 0 ...

i'm quiet sure before the update, when you changed abs setting on a car and used an other one in the same server (lobby) session, it will remains.
But now, for sure, it goes back to the value it had when entering the server (lobby)
Why the Z4 had the effect of abs 0 despite setting on 1 and fixed it by doing a lap on abs 0 and then moving it back to 1 is still a mistery
sls didn't suffered of such a problem

Interesting... I'll have to try that later.

I think the X cars are a lot quieter now

This is worth others checking. When driving the Red Bulls I have always had to turn overall volume down (although the sound of them is good) as they were much louder, including nearby cars too. Have they lowered those cars or increased volume on all other cars? There have been reports on here saying there is more exhaust in the mix now. I've not been able to check sounds in 1.06 yet as my headphones have broken.

Yes the water spray looks a lot more pixelated and fugly BUT IMHO the visibility is better. Doing the rain master series before visibility was ridiculous by the time you can see the rear of the car in front it was too late now you can see it in advance and avoid the crash.

For some reason I'm not seeing water on the Ring at Rainmasters, even though the the water is at 100%. I don't remember if this happened before the update, can someone confirm? Other races seem fine (at least the ones I tried).

For some reason I'm not seeing water on the Ring at Rainmasters, even though the the water is at 100%. I don't remember if this happened before the update, can someone confirm? Other races seem fine (at least the ones I tried).

Well. There's no Particles on that track. They havnt fixed it yet

There was no spray on the Ring in the rainmasters before the update either.
I do a lot of Nürburg 24 races and spray is absent too. Before and after updates.
I mentioned this in other topics too.

I have the same white line on the far right of my screen now too since I believe the 1.06 update. It's about a 1/4 inch. wide. Very annoying.

Jerome

It wasn't until I had posted the frame grabs that I noticed this white line. Then I fixed it thinking it was my dumb error. I guess I'm not alone!

Some are a little more glossy and others have this decidedly multicoat look(more of I know this paint didn't look this good before type of revelation). I will tell you the name once I play the game again.

Side note why is it so hard to pm someone on here. There used to be an easier way before wasn't there. I was going to PM you instead of taking this thread off topic and getting a mod to gut check me in the process. Sorry no derailing intended.
My impression is that there's more precision in varying the shading according to the angle of the light, body surface and the camera. Perhaps they're using a slightly less bogus dot product "calculation" or something, I dunno.

The upshot is that the shading appears to have finer detail, is more nuanced and also smoother looking, without being smudgy or blurred. "Luscious", is probably the word.

Maybe that's what they traded the transparency quality for. :dopey:

I have never noticed changes in physics when others have said they have changed, This time however when i took the 458 for a spin it fealt different imediately, Fealt like there was a change in grip, I took the F40 for a spin on the ring yesterday which is a combo i have often done and there is no doubt in my mind something has changed, The car was jumping all over the place in certain parts of the track where it had never done so before, Actually felt more exciting
i also believe the physics have changed, could it be that all who have noticed the change are ringers? i do 95% of my gt6 driving on the ring and when anything is different i really feel it

everyone who has tested the physics and has said it feels the same don't seem to be testing on the ring not sure if there is sime kind of correlation here

has the ring itself maybe changed?
are there corners on the ring that are more pronounce to the physics change?
Well this cant be just imagination if your have had the same feeling as me on the same track

Wow like i said ten times that i bought a standard silvia 240sx aero 96 and the high low beam is changable now .

And its way more detailed than before.

My impression is that there's more precision in varying the shading according to the angle of the light, body surface and the camera. Perhaps they're using a slightly less bogus dot product "calculation" or something, I dunno.

The upshot is that the shading appears to have finer detail, is more nuanced and also smoother looking, without being smudgy or blurred. "Luscious", is probably the word.

Maybe that's what they traded the transparency quality for. :dopey:

Your posts 👍 :cheers:

I would love to see some comparison shots regarding that. (on Metallic paint) Gotta re-check GT6 tonight.

Last edited:
Back