Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

Maybe it's more related to the tyres then, I would presume you are using Racing slicks?

To which point those tyres may override any subtle physics changes!

Racing soft actually increase how noticeable changes are because cars are much more nervous with the sticky tyres. At least if you try to reach their limits.

I didn't notice any physics changes in 1.06. There was a rather big change in 1.05 though which maybe not everyone spotted then?

If I were to give you a copy of GT6 telling you it contains the next physics update I am quite sure you would play it and tell me how different it is even if it were identical. ... .... snip.... Nothing has changed.

Given that GT seems to use different physics in different situations (such as online/offline), and there are known bugs with the suspension and the tyre modelling, and there could conceivably have been a change to the Aero model (given the custom rear wing size adjustment), and PD have altered stuff on the fly without telling us about it before, along with some alterations to specific cars, also considering the wealth of tuning options, tyre models, and driver aids adjustment/options and the variety of different controllers available... ... I wouldn't be so quick to make a blanket statement that discounts all other peoples opinions. A change could have been made, but it would not necessarily be apparent to all things and all players equally.

i known about the global record being the overall best of all drivers and i will do more test
but i'm nearly 100% sure that it's not against the global best time that the lap time difference refers to
yesterday on ascari the best time was 1'56" my best was 1'59" and when doing lap of 2'02 it shown a difference of +3sec

i also know that the first lap (let's call it a warm-up lap) is red because you start from pitlane
and also that now, the first real lap after "the warmup lap" stay white when crossing the finish line
it was (in 1.05) and is (in 1.06) also red because you are slower
what i was trying to say is that now, when it's invalid, it stays white with no time difference
and no guess of where it became invalid

wasn't the time becoming red as soon you gets off track thus making it invalid on version 1.05 ?

I've never seen a lap be "invalid" in an online room, only in offline time trials.

Given that GT seems to use different physics in different situations (such as online/offline), and there are known bugs with the suspension and the tyre modelling, and there could conceivably have been a change to the Aero model (given the custom rear wing size adjustment), and PD have altered stuff on the fly without telling us about it before, along with some alterations to specific cars, also considering the wealth of tuning options, tyre models, and driver aids adjustment/options and the variety of different controllers available... ... I wouldn't be so quick to make a blanket statement that discounts all other peoples opinions. A change could have been made, but it would not necessarily be apparent to all things and all players equally.

What I am getting at is that just because people say something has changed does not make it so. It is not evidence, not even close.

I'm in a private league preparing my R8 Team Phoenix to next round in Spa. So I've done a lot of runs in the same track with the same MR car before and after the update. I didn't notice any changes on the physics after the update. I don't use any assistance, like TC or ABS.

Is your car tuned or stock? If it's tuned then it might negate any changes made to the base physics/suspension/tire model. I only drive cars stock and there's no doubt to me that at least the Ferrari MR's are different/better. Haven't tested any other makes, maybe it doesn't apply to all cars equally.

They also added a notice telling you your PS3 time is wrong if it is (change your timezone and you get it), and for some reason it pops up twice. Also I think it stops you from doing the timezone glitch which allows you to get a 200% bonus faster.

What I am getting at is that just because people say something has changed does not make it so. It is not evidence, not even close.

No, but you state "Nothing has changed" as though it is a fact, but as you say, this does not actually make it so, and is not evidence either. Anecdotal evidence of no change is no more valid than anecdotal evidence of a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that fussed, I probably covered less than 10 in game miles in 1.05, so the best I can do is compare 1.04 recorded times with 1.06, and either way it won't actually change anything!

What about Seasonal Time Trials? Can I somehow disable friend's lines and have only my ghost?

Not sure about on a Pad but with a G25 setup you can turn them off, all you have to do is push UP on the D-pad located on gearstick and it cycles through Ghost and Friends lines On or Off. I have been able to do this for quite some time now maybe even since release but can't quite remember when I 1st used it:)

They also added a notice telling you your PS3 time is wrong if it is (change your timezone and you get it), and for some reason it pops up twice. Also I think it stops you from doing the timezone glitch which allows you to get a 200% bonus faster.

That happened to me before the 1.06 patch as well (the popping up twice as well).

Can confer that frame rate has improved but at the cost of pixels being more visible on backgrounds and smoke. Trees look even worse that before, and i didn't think that was possible?!

I don't see a physics change but frame rate tends to affect handling because of lag so maybe it's just that?

If I were to give you a copy of GT6 telling you it contains the next physics update I am quite sure you would play it and tell me how different it is even if it were identical.
I wouldnt because as i have already stated i have never noticed a change in the past when people have said there is a change

The same as if this update was silent and you didn't know about it I am sure you would put any differences in driving down to you being human and not a machine thus you drive a little differently each time.
I may drive differently each time but the car feels the same each time
You say it can't be imagination because two people came to the same conclusion? I can point you to scientific studies where almost all people who are told something is different report the fake difference.
A placebo effect. How can this be a placebo effect if i took the car for a spin with no change in mind or the update in mind?
And remember the ring is a popular track, it would be strange if there were not coincidences like this.
The thing you need to note is that i took the F40 for a spin on the ring as i usually do, I had not even thought about the update or what changes it brought to physics, The change in my F40 is very noticable but only on the ring, Then i come in this thread and some else notes the same thing pertaining to the same track thus its a little more than a coincidence, As i've said my F40 has never jumped around the track as it does now, I can throw it into corners as never before
Lately I've been playing GT6 for 3-4 hours every day, racing online at full pace, about half the time in MR cars. My lap times are identical to what they were and I don't need to drive the cars any differently. Nothing has changed.
I agree they should be different if the physics have changed, But i dont agree nothing has changed. It may not have changed across the board but my F40 is without doubt diffent in the way it drives over bumps and changes to the road surface on the ring, I have a copy of GT6 on disc so when i have some time i'll test it without 1.06 to compare

EDIT: I should note that i have about 200 miles in the F40 between the DS3 and G27 all miles mostly on the ring and and MT.P, I haven't tried with the G27 since the update

Last edited:
to be honest, i don't need affirmation from gtp community or this thread to know that something has changed re: where i do 99.5% of my racing [the ring, online]. i still can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but something is different. i lap quicker, i take corners faster and the cars are easier to recover in the event of a spin.

i don't know (or care) about other tracks, because to me, gt6 is the green hell simulator. since the people who say no change race on other tracks, i suspect the change is not in the physics engine but the track(s) itself.

keep an open mind about things people -- instead of immediately yelling 'placebo'.

Not sure about on a Pad but with a G25 setup you can turn them off, all you have to do is push UP on the D-pad located on gearstick and it cycles through Ghost and Friends lines On or Off. I have been able to do this for quite some time now maybe even since release but can't quite remember when I 1st used it:)
it works on the controller as well.

to be honest, i don't need affirmation from gtp community or this thread to know that something has changed re: where i do 99.5% of my racing [the ring, online]. i still can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but something is different. i lap quicker, i take corners faster and the cars are easier to recover in the event of a spin.

i don't know (or care) about other tracks, because to me, gt6 is the green hell simulator. since the people who say no change race on other tracks, i suspect the change is not in the physics engine but the track(s) itself.

keep an open mind about things people -- instead of immediately yelling 'placebo'.

I fully agree with your description of the change - only it happened already in 1.05.

to be honest, i don't need affirmation from gtp community or this thread to know that something has changed

i don't know (or care) about other tracks,

Might want to take some of your own advice about keeping an open mind if you want to have a real discussion.

Looks like the topic du jour is physics but I think we should move the discussion over to a thread dedicated to possible physics changes in the game so I'll create on and post the link shortly (assuming they allow me to make a separate thread from the 1.06 discussion)

i think they might have somehow touched mr cars again a bit.

The lexus is350 i race in endurance serie seems more planted on the ground, a tad better on curbs but a little more rolling while in turns.

no idea about other mr cars for it's the only one i drive intensively

So, I'll ask this again.. Is the Data Logger only able to load "Best Lap Replays" from a Time Trial or Online Qualifying? Or what?

Can we not load a regular race replay? PD's description just mentions "Replay":

"The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph..."

I do not think this description is accurate. 👎

In photomode the preview window shows precisely what the photo will look like after snapping, before the preview showed less than the actual photo would, meaning you had to guess the composition.

In photomode the preview window shows precisely what the photo will look like after snapping, before the preview showed less than the actual photo would, meaning you had to guess the composition.

That appeared in 1.05.

And yes the Data Logger only reads Best Lap Replays @research.

Might want to take some of your own advice about keeping an open mind if you want to have a real discussion.

riddle me how anything i've said goes against the spirit of open mindedness. i did not dismiss the 'no change' camp but rather state that given their observation of 'no change' that perhaps it's not the physics model that changed but rather the track(s).

arrogance? maybe.

riddle me how anything i've said goes against the spirit of open mindedness. i did not dismiss the 'no change' camp but rather state that given their observation of 'no change' that perhaps it's not the physics model that changed but rather the track(s).

arrogance? maybe.
I quoted it for you already.

to be honest, i don't need affirmation from gtp community or this thread to know that something has changed

i don't know (or care) about other tracks,
You said yourself, your mind is not open to feedback from anyone in the GTP community nor do you care about feedback from any other tracks. That is the opposite of open-mindedness by any definition.

If only PD would just give us documented change logs instead of sending out mystery meats mashed together for us to try to decipher.

What other major company pulls this kind of thing for 5 years?

On the subject of possible MR adjustments,

I've been tuning a 500pp Lotus Evora for SH tires, which 29xx miles before the update, and 34xx miles now. A rough estimate of 25xx of the miles were spent on the Nurburgring, the rest other various reference tracks(Deep Forest, Tsukuba, Bathurst).

My guess is the adjustment to the game was not MR cars or car physics at all... But that the "grip reduction at the edge of the track/ wet" setting has been messed with.

Because when I follow my line through the nurburgring, the difference in grip between the games apparent rubber line, and the actual racing line, is much less.

I believe that may cause the added feeling of stability on the Nurburgring alone, a track with many driving lines in the "marbles of rubber" per GT6.

Your posts 👍 :cheers:

I would love to see some comparison shots regarding that. (on Metallic paint) Gotta re-check GT6 tonight.
Having looked at a few more cars, it seems to be paint dependent. At least, only a few show differences in photomode, and they were "polarised" paints, and most of them are now very well "tuned" so they look great.

Some paints do have very sudden transitions in their shading, so this might be more to do with the "definitions" rather than the actual rendering. That said, I swear cars look better in real time (e.g. gallery view) than before, but it may be something else causing that impression.

I'm not sure if this is related to GT6 or 1.06, but it's only happened since 1.06. I use a wheel, and on GT6 my controller has always defaulted to Controller 2 (even though it's plugged into a hub in port 1). If I wanted to navigate the menus with the controller if have to hit the PS button and reassign it to Controller 1. Since 1.06 it now works without having to reassign it, defaults to Controller 1. This doesn't seem like something a game update would change, but my controller arrangement has not changed. :odd:

Back