Update 1.06 Undocumented Changes Thread (documented changes also listed in OP)

here are some undocumented finds I got:

Before:
Standard Nissan Skyline R34 GT-Rs 99 - 00' models have their custom GT wing placed near the rear windshield.

After:
Standard Nissan Skyline R34 GT-Rs 99 - 00' models have their wing set close to the rear edge of the car now; like before.

You can now change car within any of the GT Auto's menus. Whereas before you could only do it in the paint or parts submenu.
You sure? I remember you could change car at the menu with oil change and those other options.

Now smoke is pure pixels , my eyes are crying ! The smoke is simply disgusting after this 1.06 update !!!!
Well, smoke was pixelated even before this update. Generally in GT6 jaggies from GT5 were gone, but instead we have pixels visible from the "inside". You're not talking about jagged edges like in GT5? just pixels more apparent than before?

I was just racing online and I didn't notice anything different with the graphics (nor physics), it certainly was not smoother. My guess is that GT6 is CPU bottle-necked more than GPU, allowing them to push the 3D mode without making significant graphical savings.

-----

Now smoke is pure pixels , my eyes are crying ! The smoke is simply disgusting after this 1.06 update !!!!

Smoke seems Denser to?

@Frizbe the dials are like that since 1.05.

@Snake17x - nope payouts the same in 1.05 - checked before updating

@mikeonthebike Yup I see better on-board FPS too.

@Davoxx Just did some burnouts on Willlow - no pixels, looks exactly the same as before - on what track you saw it ?

Here is what I checked

- GP/D in free run - still no tire smoke

- Premium Alpine - still no dash lights at night

- No Convertibles

- Elise reading in km/h not fixed

- M5 head-up display not fixed

- top speed not fixed

- flickering shadows as before

BknJQZSCAAASqA1.png:large

Apparently "some cars" includes the Evo 9 GSR for some reasons...
EDIT: I thought that this would apply to all the standards, but @khain said that a Supra can have a adjustable rear wing.

Last edited:
Havnt tested much.

Yeah, but usually by the next morning there's a whole list of goodies that people have found. Maybe our detectives were caught off guard by it coming a day earlier than normal. Looks like a few of the changes are quite good......but making the "real" slipstream weaker was not necessary as it was already very weak and just about perfect.

BknJQZSCAAASqA1.png:large

Apparently "some cars" includes the Evo 9 GSR for some reasons...

I think it doesn't apply to all stardand cars, Supra, for example can have adjustable rear wings. By the way, think that was one of the coolest things they changed so far. Hope some other parts can be changed like that.

Thanks buddy only major gripe I had with gt6 that just made it mehhhhhhh! Now if they can just give us rest of updates that be great. Gt6 isn't bad but still it should be bigger and better than 5 but we all know this should be called gt6 lite :lol:

Thanks for taking time to answer my question

Thanks buddy only major gripe I had with gt6 that just made it mehhhhhhh! Now if they can just give us rest of updates that be great. Gt6 isn't bad but still it should be bigger and better than 5 but we all know this should be called gt6 lite :lol:

Thanks for taking time to answer my question

This update gave me hope of PD.. I man now there isn't stupid TCS. And we can have old GT5 Sections for drifting as new tracks sections like Willow.

And The Custom Wing is very great step. Next Tire width? :)?

This update gave me hope of PD.. I man now there isn't stupid TCS. And we can have old GT5 Sections for drifting as new tracks sections like Willow.

And The Custom Wing is very great step. Next Tire width? :)?

The TCS is not removed at 100% as @Isho notice it !!! So yes it is better now but not good enough.

Back